ADVERTISEMENT

Calhoun--Make her pay back every single penny

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Assuming what I am reading here is true--that it was not for personal health or family health reasons that she quit right before the NCAA's,but for protecting herself from injuries for a hope of a WNBA career and assuming she is on full scholarship, Rutgers should make her pay back every single penny of room.board, and tuition for this semester. In addition to betraying the Rutgers coaches,players, and fans,this is money she has stolen from Rutgers students,donors, and ticket buyers. Tell her she has 48 hours to come up with the full amount in a certfified check. What she has done is not any different than someone giving Rutgers a check that took a while to bounce. If she does not come up with the money, tell her she is expelled from school,barred from campus and all her grades and credits are voided from this semester. All of her crap in the dorm must be removed in this time frame or it will be put in garbage bags and donated to Salvation Army,Goodwill,etc. I am so sick of this nonsense from some spoiled,pampered,whiney athletes.A very tiny fraction of high school kids get to go to school Free and apparently this girl has difficulty honoring commitments--just ask Duke and Ohio State. If she does get drafted by a WNBA team,they shouldn't be surprised one day if her locker is empty and she has gone to a pro team in Pakistan,Iceland,or Bulgaria because they paid her an extra nickel. Tens of millions of Moms and Dads across America have to work full-time jobs and sometimes part-time jobs too so their children can go to college. This is in addition to kids who come out of school and owe $30,40,50,000 in college debt at age 22.---This girl is unbelievable and ungrateful. And yes, I would be saying the exact same things if this was football,wrestling,baseball,swimming,field hockey,lacrosse,etc.

IF that is the reason she quit the team, give me a break!

When was the last time you saw a BASKETBALL player skip the NCAA tournament to prevent a potential injury?

This isn’t football and a bowl game.

And, she’s not that good!

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Let's not get carried away (I was beginning to with the speculation I had about her getting ready for the draft , even if her stats made that idea foolish) and rush to judge.
Let more info come out ( hopefully) about why she left and that info might have us call off the attack dogs.

It wasn't that long ago a player was dismissed fro the team for an alleged domestic violence issue, only to see those charges dropped and she suffered the loss of her college career and had some on here call her a criminal before the charges were dropped .

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Assuming what I am reading here is true--that it was not for personal health or family health reasons that she quit right before the NCAA's,but for protecting herself from injuries for a hope of a WNBA career and assuming she is on full scholarship, Rutgers should make her pay back every single penny of room.board, and tuition for this semester. In addition to betraying the Rutgers coaches,players, and fans,this is money she has stolen from Rutgers students,donors, and ticket buyers. Tell her she has 48 hours to come up with the full amount in a certfified check. What she has done is not any different than someone giving Rutgers a check that took a while to bounce. If she does not come up with the money, tell her she is expelled from school,barred from campus and all her grades and credits are voided from this semester. All of her crap in the dorm must be removed in this time frame or it will be put in garbage bags and donated to Salvation Army,Goodwill,etc. I am so sick of this nonsense from some spoiled,pampered,whiney athletes.A very tiny fraction of high school kids get to go to school Free and apparently this girl has difficulty honoring commitments--just ask Duke and Ohio State. If she does get drafted by a WNBA team,they shouldn't be surprised one day if her locker is empty and she has gone to a pro team in Pakistan,Iceland,or Bulgaria because they paid her an extra nickel. Tens of millions of Moms and Dads across America have to work full-time jobs and sometimes part-time jobs too so their children can go to college. This is in addition to kids who come out of school and owe $30,40,50,000 in college debt at age 22.---This girl is unbelievable and ungrateful. And yes, I would be saying the exact same things if this was football,wrestling,baseball,swimming,field hockey,lacrosse,etc.
I am guessing Sierra didn’t get an advanced degree in Public Relations, Communications or Sports Management. A simple explanation would have averted the strong reaction?

Reactions: Bon1674
Heaven is usually peddling R U toilet paper or bath towels. This is a side I never saw. I like it.. Do I agree? Somewhat but in our realty it won't happen.

It wasn't that long ago a player was dismissed fro the team for an alleged domestic violence issue, only to see those charges dropped and she suffered the loss of her college career and had some on here call her a criminal before the charges were dropped .
Not saying this is the case here but I believe the number is around 80% for domestic violence charges being dropped in NJ. And in many of the cases it's not because it didn't happen.

Not saying this is the case here but I believe the number is around 80% for domestic violence charges being dropped in NJ. And in many of the cases it's not because it didn't happen.
Defiantly could be the case, but unless we know all the facts rushing to judgement and destroying a career should be avoided.
In Caitlin's case she was at first suspended then dismissed from program like she was guilty.
With the charges dropped, she could have returned if only suspended
Jenkins was charged with simple assault and criminal mischief in connection with a domestic violence incident. Both were misdemeanor charges , not felonies.
Whatever happened to have her charged might have been serious or something less violent that we might think.
I can't say either way, but with charges dropped , an injustice to her was committed by those who rushed to judge and by RU not letting the legal aspects of her case play out before dismissing her .
In this case suspension lifter and return to roster would have been justified.
No one should have to pay for a crime that isn't being pursued after initial arrest .

Last edited:
Reactions: RC66
Defiantly could be the case, but unless we know all the facts rushing to judgement and destroying a career should be avoided.
In Caitlin's case she was at first suspended then dismissed from program like she was guilty.
With the charges dropped, she could have returned if only suspended
Jenkins was charged with simple assault and criminal mischief in connection with a domestic violence incident. Both were misdemeanor charges , not felonies.
Whatever happened to have her charged might have been serious or something less violent that we might think.
I can't say either way, but with charges dropped , an injustice to her was committed by those who rushed to judge and by RU not letting the legal aspects of her case play out before dismissing her .
In this case suspension lifter and return to roster would have been justified.
No one should have to pay for a crime that isn't being pursued after initial arrest .
If something did happen, RU is under no obligation to let the legal aspects play out. If they had knowledge of the factual details and felt it warranted dismissal then so be it. We will probably never know all the details.

If something did happen, RU is under no obligation to let the legal aspects play out. If they had knowledge of the factual details and felt it warranted dismissal then so be it. We will probably never know all the details.
Agree Rutgers didn't have a legal obligation, but I tend to think RU had a moral one.
Since the charges against Jenkins were misdemeanors and not felonies , it would have been nice to hold off judgement on Jenkins till the case was put to rest.
We might never know what happened, but shouldn't assume the worst , even if domestic violence related, in case charges dropped or innocence was established .
Guilt would cause dismissal from program instead of the suspended status she held.

Program might have seen what led to charges, but the RU administrators deciding might have seen only the prosecution's version because Caitlin's lawyer might have wanted her to be silent while he gathered evidence that would be favorable towards her and whatever she said to others could be taken wrong and used against Jenkins in court.

All I know is the charges led to her dismissal had some on this board judge her guilty before she even went to trial.
Now you're saying the dismissal might have been warranted, but we might never know.
I'm under the impression the rush to judge was made not only by some on this board but also by RU because the offenses were considered to be of a domestic violence nature and RU was afraid of adverse publicity if they didn't dismiss Caitlin ASAP.

I'm totally against domestic violence, but feel everyone accused of it deserves not to be judged until the case is settled in court or enough information becomes available on what exactly happened and if what happened
warrants being treated like a guilty person and punished by their job or the school they attend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT