ADVERTISEMENT

Calling RU72/Richard Kent

Those that take so called insider's info to heart or elevate those so called insiders to a '" special " status are naive and will believe anything. If you really know stuff because of relationships you certainly don't come on these boards to spill the info to strangers. Trying to make yourself look important at the expense of confidential info shared by friends or associates will lose you many who gave you that trust. And if you're smart or on top of things you'd realize most of the " inside " info was surmised or invented from stuff already in public or the press.

Reactions: NickRU714
Those that take so called insider's info to heart or elevate those so called insiders to a '" special " status are naive and will believe anything. If you really know stuff because of relationships you certainly don't come on these boards to spill the info to strangers. Trying to make yourself look important at the expense of confidential info shared by friends or associates will lose you many who gave you that trust. And if you're smart or on top of things you'd realize most of the " inside " info was surmised or invented from stuff already in public or the press.
I disagree. He’s an insider that was probably fed bad info. Would love to hear his side of it

I agree Shack

Something changed from when Gavin made his public proclamation and about never leaving, info 72 heard and him officially entering the portal

It's not 72's fault
Maybe UConn is giving Gavin a bag
Maybe there's severe disfunction in our program
Who knows

I look at it like it's just a message board
People are entitled to their opinions

I've been wrong countless times w/predictions, as has everyone
It's the nature of the beast

I wish posters would give others a break if they're wrong with what they're hearing
But we're from Jersey, where we eat our own and ball busting is a national pastime

It's the solution to NOT say "X is happening" Or "X is not happening"?

It's so simple.
Just don't make definitive statements that aren't definitive.

"I'm hearing FSU will be out by 2036"
"All current information says FSU out by 2036"
"I can't imagine FSU isn't out by 2036"

"Gavin very unlikely to transfer"
"I'd be shocked if he transfers"
"I'd put Gavin as the last player to transfer"

Then the response is simply "things changed from what they were"

It's when people try to claim to have 100% certainty around something they don't actually have 100% certainty (because NOBODY does) is when the backlash occurs and the calling out.

Nobody cares if someone is wrong when they readily admit they don't have all the information from the start.

It's the solution to NOT say "X is happening" Or "X is not happening"?

It's so simple.
Just don't make definitive statements that aren't definitive.

"I'm hearing FSU will be out by 2036"
"All current information says FSU out by 2036"
"I can't imagine FSU isn't out by 2036"

"Gavin very unlikely to transfer"
"I'd be shocked if he transfers"
"I'd put Gavin as the last player to transfer"

Then the response is simply "things changed from what they were"

It's when people try to claim to have 100% certainty around something they don't actually have 100% certainty (because NOBODY does) is when the backlash occurs and the calling out.

Nobody cares if someone is wrong when they readily admit they don't have all the information from the start.
I can unequivocally say I’ve heard from no less than 7 trusted sources that FSU will be out of the ACC within the next 1-2 years

If I’m wrong, I would be the first one to admit it, and will be here on this board to eat crow

If I’m correct, which I expect I will be, I will not be here collecting receipts, but happy to engage and productive and fun football talk

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT