ADVERTISEMENT

Campus Rallys and freedom of Speech

Yet it is allowed to exist on here for some odd reasoning. Schools which outwardly allow a segment of their students to live under this pressure by professors, groups, clubs need to have them lose their funding and right to attend the institution .

Another of many antisemitic circumstances at Rutgers. Rutgers has a major problem that is growing. The antisemitism is growing within the the student body and faculty.

Bethany Mandel LMAO. Makes sense all the non-alums would cite to her in a video that doesn't show anything she says it does.

Mandel was promoting her new book, “Stolen Youth,” which proposes that the youth of today are being ideologically poisoned with leftist theories about race and gender. According to Mandel, she and co-writer Karol Markowicz spent an entire chapter defining what “woke” means. Despite all of that research, Mandel wasn’t able to define the word

Gray then asked: “What does that mean to you? Would you mind defining woke? It’s come up a couple of times. I just want to make sure we’re on the same page.”

Mandel seemed stunned by the simple question, stammering: “So, I mean, woke is sort of the idea that … um …” After a few seconds of silence, Mandel predicted: “This is going to be one of those moments that goes viral.”

Bethany Mandel LMAO. Makes sense all the non-alums would cite to her in a video that doesn't show anything she says it does.

Mandel was promoting her new book, “Stolen Youth,” which proposes that the youth of today are being ideologically poisoned with leftist theories about race and gender. According to Mandel, she and co-writer Karol Markowicz spent an entire chapter defining what “woke” means. Despite all of that research, Mandel wasn’t able to define the word

Gray then asked: “What does that mean to you? Would you mind defining woke? It’s come up a couple of times. I just want to make sure we’re on the same page.”

Mandel seemed stunned by the simple question, stammering: “So, I mean, woke is sort of the idea that … um …” After a few seconds of silence, Mandel predicted: “This is going to be one of those moments that goes viral.”
Again, do you deny the events in video happened last night? Or are you simply in disagreement with the posters idealogy?

Again, do you deny the events in video happened last night? Or are you simply in disagreement with the posters idealogy?

The events...being...chanting...."long live resistance?" And chanting about the border in 1948?

So...chanting...is...anarchy?

Her ideology? Seems she's just a mental case who can't define anarchy nor a term she wrote a book about LOL

The events...being...chanting...."long live resistance?" And chanting about the border in 1948?

So...chanting...is...anarchy?

Her ideology? Seems she's just a mental case who can't define anarchy nor a term she wrote a book about LOL
So your issue here is with the term anarchy? I can understand that point. While forcing the president of the university from his town hall meeting is a significant disruption it doesn’t represent a fallen university, local, state or federal government. The events also represent more targeting of Jews, disrupting events for all students, and a failure to maintain an educational environment. But I’m glad you have recognized this happened…and it happened in New Brunswick and it is one of a series of events that make it uncomfortable to be a Jewish student at Rutgers.

Reactions: Caliknight
So your issue here is with the term anarchy? I can understand that point. While forcing the president of the university from his town hall meeting is a significant disruption it doesn’t represent a fallen university, local, state or federal government. The events also represent more targeting of Jews, disrupting events for all students, and a failure to maintain an educational environment. But I’m glad you have recognized this happened…and it happened in New Brunswick and it is one of a series of events that make it uncomfortable to be a Jewish student at Rutgers.

Maybe I missed it. Is President Holloway Jewish? What chants were about Jews? Who was uncomfortable there other than the lady who wrote a book about a topic she can't define?

Yeah RU is really suffering...all the extra applications, the third largest enrollment...and the largest or second largest Jewish community on any campus in America....very tough time. Not sure how the school will manage through chanting and a grifter coming to campus and lying about it.

Maybe I missed it. Is President Holloway Jewish? What chants were about Jews? Who was uncomfortable there other than the lady who wrote a book about a topic she can't define?

Yeah RU is really suffering...all the extra applications, the third largest enrollment...and the largest or second largest Jewish community on any campus in America....very tough time. Not sure how the school will manage through chanting and a grifter coming to campus and lying about it.
A major purpose of the town hall was so Jewish students could hear from the president about recent antisemitic events. The disruption was purposeful and targeted the Jewish students. I imagine Holloway scheduled this town hall on this topic because he knows there are issues happening and also because it looks good for the upcoming federal hearing on antisemitism at Rutgers. This needed up looking bad for the university, not good. Jewish families will continue to send children to Rutgers because it is in the tri state region. Also Jewish families don’t run from this type of hate.

Here’s the video of Holloway having to flee his town hall while responding to a question about an email he sent last week. The email stated he did not support divesting Rutgers portfolio from Israel and he was not going to break ties with the University of Tel Aviv. This was before the mob turned in the Jewish students in attendance.

Here’s the video of Holloway having to flee his town hall while responding to a question about an email he sent last week. The email stated he did not support divesting Rutgers portfolio from Israel and he was not going to break ties with the University of Tel Aviv. This was before the mob turned in the Jewish students in attendance.

Michigan running into the same issues, so the President just proposed a ‘disruptive activity policy’ which Rutgers already has and I posted on page 1 of the other thread. Now they just need to strictly enforce the policy.

Post in thread 'Campus Rallys and freedom of Speech' https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/campus-rallys-and-freedom-of-speech.268525/post-6660015

Sure looks like Rutgers can punish threatening speech or conduct and a ton of other disruptive behavior under the Student Code of Conduct, just like they already did for this group with the suspension:

VII.D.2:

Using or threatening to use force against a person or animal.

VII.F:

F. Bullying, intimidation, and harassment:
1. Making any communication to another person in any manner likely to cause alarm, including through electronic or social media platforms.
2. Subjecting another person or animal or threatening to subject another person or animal to striking, kicking, shoving, or offensive touching.
3. Threatening to reveal or releasing personal information or media about a person electronically or through other means of communication.
4. Engaging in any other course of alarming conduct or repeatedly committing acts with the purpose of seriously alarming another person.

A person’s behavior should be sufficiently severe, pervasive, or persistent as to substantially disrupt or interfere with the orderly operation of the institution or the rights of a student to participate in or benefit from the educational program.

N. Disruption
1. Intentionally or recklessly interfering with any University activity or University sponsored activity.
2. Disrupting or obstructing an academic class or lecture, an administrative or support function, or official University business.
3. Engaging in classroom conduct that is prohibited by the faculty member or is in violation of the law or University policy. It should be noted that this policy is not intended to punish students for classroom dissent or hinder organized, peaceful, and orderly protests that are undertaken within reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions placed upon the same by the University.

O. Disorderly conduct Engaging in conduct that is disruptive, lewd, or indecent, regardless of intent, which breaches the peace of the community.

edit: I'm sure the updated code also covers much of this (not sure why an older version came up first in search):

Reactions: NealPageNJ
A major purpose of the town hall was so Jewish students could hear from the president about recent antisemitic events. The disruption was purposeful and targeted the Jewish students. I imagine Holloway scheduled this town hall on this topic because he knows there are issues happening and also because it looks good for the upcoming federal hearing on antisemitism at Rutgers. This needed up looking bad for the university, not good. Jewish families will continue to send children to Rutgers because it is in the tri state region. Also Jewish families don’t run from this type of hate.

Yes, I am sure he is just petrified of the people who think "Jew will not replace us" isn't targeting at all.
'
The town hall was only for Jewish students? Do non-Jews have an issue with anti-Semitism? I know you previously tried to argue that Jewish groups themselves were anti-Semitic, so just trying to figure it out. Is JVP invited, or nah?

Jewish families send their kids to RU because they value the education and diversity, and don't share your media sources. Safe to say, few if any respect Bethany Mandel or Virginia Foxx. They are reality based. Maybe join them?

And also, they're much more concerned with say, Kanye West and Nick Fuentes, and their acolytes trying to destroy Jews in this country, than what's happening on the other side of the world where a bitter felon is trying to cling to power by massacring people. And the polling reflects that.

• Haha
Yes, I am sure he is just petrified of the people who think "Jew will not replace us" isn't targeting at all.
'
The town hall was only for Jewish students? Do non-Jews have an issue with anti-Semitism? I know you previously tried to argue that Jewish groups themselves were anti-Semitic, so just trying to figure it out. Is JVP invited, or nah?

Jewish families send their kids to RU because they value the education and diversity, and don't share your media sources. Safe to say, few if any respect Bethany Mandel or Virginia Foxx. They are reality based. Maybe join them?

And also, they're much more concerned with say, Kanye West and Nick Fuentes, and their acolytes trying to destroy Jews in this country, than what's happening on the other side of the world where a bitter felon is trying to cling to power by massacring people. And the polling reflects that.
Seek Mental Health Services. You’re using laughing emojis in response to concerns about an event where the President of Rutgers was chased from the stage and then Jewish students were forced to exit through a back door for their own safety under the supervision of security staff. It’s not funny it’s scary.

I don’t care about your views on Israel. This is about disruptions on the campus of Rutgers. Disruptions in classrooms, cafeterias and other common areas. It’s about a pattern of events where Jewish students are targeted. It’s not funny and it’s enough. I pay attention to this things because I have children interested in Rutgers within the next year. But I also have a circle of friends who had 3 different students at this event. I spoke to them today. All three students were scared for their safety. They have already been in contact with Rutgers administration offices and political offices. They tell me they have been promised changes are coming.

Right wing antisemitism is just as bad as this left wing antisemitism. None of it is acceptable. Your points about Charlottesville are understandable but not an excuse to accept this behavior at Rutgers. The Neturei Karta are a fringe Jewish group. They make up about 1-3% of the Jewish population. No I don’t think they represent all Jews and should not be used as your excuse to find this harrassment and targeting acceptable.

Im glad to see schools like Vanderbilt holding students accountable to the code of conduct and expect to see Rutgers moving in that direction as soon as Monday.

Seek Mental Health Services. You’re using laughing emojis in response to concerns about an event where the President of Rutgers was chased from the stage and then Jewish students were forced to exit through a back door for their own safety under the supervision of security staff. It’s not funny it’s scary.

I don’t care about your views on Israel. This is about disruptions on the campus of Rutgers. Disruptions in classrooms, cafeterias and other common areas. It’s about a pattern of events where Jewish students are targeted. It’s not funny and it’s enough. I pay attention to this things because I have children interested in Rutgers within the next year. But I also have a circle of friends who had 3 different students at this event. I spoke to them today. All three students were scared for their safety. They have already been in contact with Rutgers administration offices and political offices. They tell me they have been promised changes are coming.

Right wing antisemitism is just as bad as this left wing antisemitism. None of it is acceptable. Your points about Charlottesville are understandable but not an excuse to accept this behavior at Rutgers. The Neturei Karta are a fringe Jewish group. They make up about 1-3% of the Jewish population. No I don’t think they represent all Jews and should not be used as your excuse to find this harrassment and targeting acceptable.

Im glad to see schools like Vanderbilt holding students accountable to the code of conduct and expect to see Rutgers moving in that direction as soon as Monday.

Except everyone can see what you're posting and it just doesn't line up w reality.

You do not get to determine which people's faith or religion is in good faith or "fringe."

if you don't like 1A, Liberty and Hillsdale College would be great options.

• Haha
Somehow the paralegal who went to Rider has gotten even more racist over the years. Chunk needs mental help more than anything. Why does he hate Jews so much? Anyone know what happened?

My guess is the lax dropout is anti-Semitic because it was a Jewish poster who confirmed what everyone knew: he never graduated from RU or any college, and that he lived off his beard's trust fund.

But that was really unfair. Because so many others responded with more proof of his lies. But he couldn't help but be bigoted.

One of his many bans came after that. Another poster did reach out to his laws after to make sure he was OK and they lent the premium fee. Sad.

Explains the 100 posts a day and so much more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT