ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone tell me what's wrong with wearing khakis?

Cargo shorts/pants are completely unacceptable for anybody.

Jean shorts are not back. Not even in at Citi Field.

Khakis are ok for work if you have no style and don't care much about how you dress, but you won't embarrass yourself unless they have pleats.

Chinos are your best bet for casual pants as they are a little dressier than khakis. They don't have visible stitching, are lighter, and aren't as baggy as khakis. They still suck though.

Dress slacks are the way to go.
ABYSMAL FAIL

Dress slacks are fine for work, if you have the kind of job that requires it. But any other time at all and it screams "I'm a self-important jackass who wasn't read enough Dr. Zeuss".

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the clothes. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Reactions: rutger80
ABYSMAL FAIL

Dress slacks are fine for work, if you have the kind of job that requires it. But any other time at all and it screams "I'm a self-important jackass who wasn't read enough Dr. Zeuss".
What a tool you are. You probably sell women's shoes like Al Bundy, so of course bad pants are part of your wardrobe. What a schlub you must be at work. I can imagine you in wrinkled, pleated khakis, and scuffed up boat shoes while sitting in the break room telling horrible jokes like you do here.

You certainly do not work in Manhattan or any other city haha. Even if your job says khakis are ok, you step it up and wear a man's pair of pants.

What a tool you are. You probably sell women's shoes like Al Bundy, so of course bad pants are part of your wardrobe. What a schlub you must be at work. I can imagine you in wrinkled, pleated khakis, and scuffed up boat shoes while sitting in the break room telling horrible jokes like you do here.

You certainly do not work in Manhattan or any other city haha. Even if your job says khakis are ok, you step it up and wear a man's pair of pants.
Do they make special "man's pairs of pants" for people who are so easily butt-hurt?

Reactions: RUDutch

You win tool of the year and sound like a person that maybe oh what, 1% of the people on this board would even like to know.

just saying,

Reactions: mildone
You win tool of the year and sound like a person that maybe oh what, 1% of the people on this board would even like to know.

just saying,
What had me cracking up, when posting my initial post to him about dress slacks and when reading his response to me, is that I sometimes wear dress slacks out to the local pubs. Not often, but sometimes.

Other times I wear jeans or sweatpants or cargo shorts. And sometimes I work in a suit, sometimes I work in my underwear. I'm lucky enough to be able to pretty much dress however I want most of the time.

Mostly though, I like to think I have a fairly good handle on just how utterly unimportant a jackass I really am. [laughing]

Cargo shorts/pants are completely unacceptable for anybody.

Jean shorts are not back. Not even in at Citi Field.

Khakis are ok for work if you have no style and don't care much about how you dress, but you won't embarrass yourself unless they have pleats.

Chinos are your best bet for casual pants as they are a little dressier than khakis. They don't have visible stitching, are lighter, and aren't as baggy as khakis. They still suck though.

Dress slacks are the way to go.
Barney Stinson, is that you?

Get a clue..cargo shorts and sleeveless is a Rutgers tuxedo..obviously your chicken legs won't look good in cargo shorts

What had me cracking up, when posting my initial post to him about dress slacks and when reading his response to me, is that I sometimes wear dress slacks out to the local pubs. Not often, but sometimes.

Other times I wear jeans or sweatpants or cargo shorts. And sometimes I work in a suit, sometimes I work in my underwear. I'm lucky enough to be able to pretty much dress however I want most of the time.

Mostly though, I like to think I have a fairly good handle on just how utterly unimportant a jackass I really am. [laughing]
You're a man of great importance, just a poorly dressed one.

just saying,
That's fine guy, I don't socialize with people from the internet. Now I'm sure a simpleton like you does this quite often.

Complete bullshit. I know guys who make well into the 6-figures, even 7, and wear jeans or khakis, daily, into the city.

You're a man of great importance, just a poorly dressed one.
It's not who I am underneath; it's what I wear that defines me?
tux_avatar_for_horgrathi_by_jsepia.gif

We always said there are 2 types of a guy ("generally" speaking) who go out in the city:

- guys who are important and do very well for themselves
- guys who think dressing well makes you important and means you do well for yourself

...the 1st type can be a good guy, a great guy, or an asshole. The 2nd type is pretty much a pretentious asshole about 90% of the time.

Reactions: mildone
* EPIC FAIL *

...seriously what f*cking world do you live in that you came up with this nonsense and your other nonsensical post?
Hey man, if cargo shorts are your thing it's cool. Wear them proudly. I'm sure they're in style in Hoboken.

We always said there are 2 types of a guy ("generally" speaking) who go out in the city:

- guys who are important and do very well for themselves
- guys who think dressing well makes you important and means you do well for yourself

...the 1st type can be a good guy, a great guy, or an asshole. The 2nd type is pretty much a pretentious asshole about 90% of the time.
Then there's the third guy. The one with 80K posts on one message board.

Then there's the third guy. The one with 80K posts on one message board.
Yeah, but have you ever been to one of his parties?

Okay, neither have I. But I almost went to a couple. And I've heard they're thoroughly awesome.

Thing is, I'm even more underwhelming in person than in print. So I don't get out much. Except that I'm going out tonight. Okay, and I went out last Thursday through Saturday nights. But I stayed home Sunday night and last night and cowered in the abject humiliation of being me. And one day I will attend one of his famous parties. Wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Complete bullshit. I know guys who make well into the 6-figures, even 7, and wear jeans or khakis, daily, into the city.
Genius, this has nothing to do with success or money. It has nothing to do with jeans. I know plenty of successful people who wear their gym clothes to the office. It's about the type of pants you should wear to the office if you want to look good. Sorry bro, khakis look bad. The CEO of my company wears khakis some days. He's rich as hell, but looks terrible.

Genius, this has nothing to do with success or money. It has nothing to do with jeans. I know plenty of successful people who wear their gym clothes to the office. It's about the type of pants you should wear to the office so that you look good. Sorry bro, khakis look bad.
I tend to think I look equally bad in a tux or gym shorts. So why wear the tux if I don't have to?

And a golfer 75% of the time.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Chinos_vs_Khakis

So I just read that above link, with pictures, and I still don't know the difference between Chinos and Khakis.

Other than khakis, I hadn't heard any of these terms (cargo pants, jorts, chicos) and thought "khaki" was a color not a pant style. I just googled these words, and realize that I wear cargo pants a LOT. I love because of the pockets, but never knew that was their name.

LOL make fun of one of, if not THE, top small city in the nation, filled with people who make more than I'm sure you do and dress just fine. SMH.
This has nothing to do with money or success. Stop being so insecure. It's simply about style. Cargo shorts/pants are completely embarrassing with the exception of wearing them in Hoboken apparently.

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the clothes. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.
Well done.

You also may have noticed that I have a slight weight problem.

Other than khakis, I hadn't heard any of these terms (cargo pants, jorts, chicos) and thought "khaki" was a color not a pant style. I just googled these words, and realize that I wear cargo pants a LOT. I love because of the pockets, but never knew that was their name.
But now that you know, it makes a lot of sense, right? Cargo shorts rule. I guess I never actually wear cargo pants because by the time I'm back to wearing pants, it's cold enough that I have a jacket to hold all my stuff.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT