ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone tell me what's wrong with wearing khakis?

Other than khakis, I hadn't heard any of these terms (cargo pants, jorts, chicos) and thought "khaki" was a color not a pant style. I just googled these words, and realize that I wear cargo pants a LOT. I love because of the pockets, but never knew that was their name.
Khaki is both a color and a style of pants. I know it's confusing. There are khaki color khaki pants and then you could also get khaki pants in blue, olive etc. You really should consult with Nuts about this though, as this is part of his standard work uniform. I personally don't wear khaki pants.

Last edited:
I guess I never actually wear cargo pants because by the time I'm back to wearing pants, it's cold enough that I have a jacket to hold all my stuff.

I don't wear cargo pants because I'm afraid of my failure being judged by pretentious posters.

Wait, no, I'm wearing them now.

Reactions: mildone
I don't wear cargo pants because I'm afraid of my failure being judged by pretentious posters.

Wait, no, I'm wearing them now.
LOL

I'm headed out shortly to scout for potential future second and possibly third, ex-Mrs. Mildone(s). So obviously, my attire is critical.

After much consideration, I'll be wearing black Adidas warm-up pants and a maroon polo shirt (of unknown origin). And hunter green ski socks.

If it weren't for the fact that RU#s predicted a blizzard for tonight (I didn't read too closely what he actually wrote, but I'm certain that must have been it), I would be wearing Teva sandals with this carefully chosen outfit. Because future ex-wives dig black sandals with hunter green ski socks.

However, Nike indoor soccer flats will have to suffice as they are within easy reach and are reasonably ugly. Also, they artfully clash with everything else I'm wearing, all of which artfully clashes with every other thing.

This, my friends, is what's known as trend-setting. I'm a walking chick magnet.

I do so hope my attire meets w/ @OriginalKnight's approval.

Genius, this has nothing to do with success or money. It has nothing to do with jeans. I know plenty of successful people who wear their gym clothes to the office. It's about the type of pants you should wear to the office if you want to look good. Sorry bro, khakis look bad. The CEO of my company wears khakis some days. He's rich as hell, but looks terrible.

Oh I get it now...you are one of those stupid millenials that think you invented life

I wear khakis (and jeans sometimes) to work and I work in NYC and I'm a lawyer so....not sure why the insults are needed.

Yes and shorts are partially about calves if you have very more small calves it can be an issue.

Nothing wrong with them at all. They do make you look either nerdy or preppy, however.

Now Jean shorts... those are some weird Florida thing. Don't wear those.

Tell that to Chuck Norris!

T
chuck_norris_minus_pants_by_agent_spiff-d34326c.jpg

I wear khakis (and jeans sometimes) to work and I work in NYC and I'm a lawyer so....not sure why the insults are needed.

Yes and shorts are partially about calves if you have very more small calves it can be an issue.
You gotta ace the khakis. Please don't tell me you wear the pleated kind like former head coach Kyle Flood.

That's fine guy, I don't socialize with people from the internet. Now I'm sure a simpleton like you does this quite often.

That is almost too funny.

Interesting note- I'm not quite sure I have ever hung out with someone who always wears dress pants on a casual evening. It is kind of weird and creepy.
And there are a few from the "internet" I do socialize with...I'm not seeing a problem with that in 2016. But if you think this is my whole life- you stupid lol

That is almost too funny.

Interesting note- I'm not quite sure I have ever hung out with someone who always wears dress pants on a casual evening. It is kind of weird and creepy.
And there are a few from the "internet" I do socialize with...I'm not seeing a problem with that in 2016. But if you think this is my whole life- you stupid lol
I'm young. I wear jeans to go out on a casual evening. This is about the type of pants to wear at work.

It really is about having your pants fit properly, regardless of the type. That is even the case with apparel such as cargo pants, the thought of which those who think they are fashion experts make them throw up, but is true.

The problem right now with shorts is the "fashion experts" push shorts that can only be pulled off by people with chicken legs. The alternative is to only wear pants, but like I said it depends on the setting. Will I wear cargo shorts to a nicer outdoor event? No. I would likely wear chino shorts or chino pants, maybe a nice pair of jeans. If I was going to the park for a concert, I would likely go with a pair of cargo shorts. Again it is really about the fit than the style (outside of pleated pants of course).

Wearing dress slacks all of the time, especially in casual settings, comes across as creepy. You are at happy hour after work, fine. You are at a nice bar or lounge on a weekend, creepy.

As long as the coach doesn't wear a visor. Nothing more. Stupid on the sidelines.

Agreed. Especially when it isn't sunny. Seems like a west coast/southern thing. In fact, I'd take it a step further. Unless you are a female golf pro, throw the visor in the trash.

I'm young. I wear jeans to go out on a casual evening. This is about the type of pants to wear at work.

Ahhhh- then someone else said this

Chinos are your best bet for casual pants as they are a little dressier than khakis. They don't have visible stitching, are lighter, and aren't as baggy as khakis. They still suck though.

Dress slacks are the way to go.

And in the other hand- mildone- you can't be arguing style in any way after what you have posted...oh man

It really is about having your pants fit properly, regardless of the type. That is even the case with apparel such as cargo pants, the thought of which those who think they are fashion experts make them throw up, but is true.

The problem right now with shorts is the "fashion experts" push shorts that can only be pulled off by people with chicken legs. The alternative is to only wear pants, but like I said it depends on the setting. Will I wear cargo shorts to a nicer outdoor event? No. I would likely wear chino shorts or chino pants, maybe a nice pair of jeans. If I was going to the park for a concert, I would likely go with a pair of cargo shorts. Again it is really about the fit than the style (outside of pleated pants of course).

Wearing dress slacks all of the time, especially in casual settings, comes across as creepy. You are at happy hour after work, fine. You are at a nice bar or lounge on a weekend, creepy.
Like I said comfort and functionality are my main concerns. I'm skinny but I don't like wearing slim fit pants. Everything seems to be going the way of tighter fit. It's uncomfortable and I have reflux issues from time to time so I don't like things too tight around my waist. I don't wear baggy stuff but I don't wear those tight fitting pants either because it's uncomfortable to me.

Really sometimes I feel like I'm looking at women's clothing seeing how tight some guys wear their jeans and some of these guys are big guys too but whatever to each his own. Even track pants have gone that way now too with quite a taper at the legs. I'm also bow legged so I don't feel the need to accentuate that either.

If someone wants to say I'm a lousy dresser or what not so be it I don't care. Fashion changes all the time. What was out comes in, what is in goes out. I'm not fashion model, comfort and functionality again are my main concerns. I'm not schlepping around in pajamas and clothes around my ass like some do but I need to feel comfortable in clothes I'm wearing for hours a day. Who knew we had a bunch of Miranda Priestlys on the board.

Last edited:

Chinos are your best bet for casual pants as they are a little dressier than khakis. They don't have visible stitching, are lighter, and aren't as baggy as khakis. They still suck though.

Where does that say anything about a casual evening? Read the thread genius.

this is now 3 pages, wasn't directed specifically to any one person...

yesrutgers01 said:

there has been discussion of both work and casual evening outs- by the way- I also am a little thrown off by mildones warmup pants and polo or a dress slack going to a local pub as well. since I wear suits to work, I took the "casual" mentioned above as a casual evening...If you were going back to business casual in the statement above, then I mis-read you.

For me:
Business wear is a suit in Manhattan but very jealous of the hedge fund and other successful business men who get to wear "business casual". When I used to be business casual, it was never a dress slack but always a flat front and fitted.
Casual night out is almost always nice jeans. Pubs, clubs and top establishments. Sometimes mix it up with a sport jacket.
Shorts- I have both A&F type brightly colored shorts and cargo shorts. But have been wearing the cargo less and less. Mostly because they are a little heavy for my comfort and I carry as little as possible in my pockets.

Khaki is both a color and a style of pants. I know it's confusing. There are khaki color khaki pants and then you could also get khaki pants in blue, olive etc. You really should consult with Nuts about this though, as this is part of his standard work uniform. I personally don't wear khaki pants.

Wow, you seem to know A LOT about khakis, for someone who supposedly doesn't wear them.

Kind of like the guy who knows A LOT about where to find hookers and where to find them, but swears he never pays for one.

Wow, you seem to know A LOT about khakis, for someone who supposedly doesn't wear them.

Kind of like the guy who knows A LOT about where to find hookers and where to find them, but swears he never pays for one.
No I was just curious about this because it's confusing so I looked it up. It takes about 10 seconds on google. This occurred to me when I was waitering/bartending in college and these horrible pants were required as part of the uniform. See I'm curious about things other than football. Now a meathead such as yourself wouldn't appreciate this because you don't have a respect for knowledge. You must have like 10 pairs of khakis and a bunch of jorts haha. Please post a picture of this.

Last edited:
No I was just curious about this because it's confusing so I looked it up. It takes about 10 seconds on google. This occurred to me when I was waitering/bartending in college and these horrible pants were required as part of the uniform. See I'm curious about things other than football. Now a meathead such as yourself wouldn't appreciate this because you don't have a respect for knowledge. You must have like 10 pairs of khakis and a bunch of jorts haha. Please post a picture of this.

No need for me to embarrass myself with such a photo any more than you have embarrassed yourself in this thread. I'll pass, OriginalKhakiKnight.

No need for me to embarrass myself with such a photo any more than you have embarrassed yourself in this thread. I'll pass, OriginalKhakiKnight.
It's funny watching you and Nuts seethe. You khaki loving schnooks are probably tossing all your pants out as I type.

Last edited:
It's funny watching you and Nuts seethe. You khaki loving schooks are probably tossing all your pants out as I type.
Haha. Good one, originalkhakiKnight. You caught me.

In all seriousness, I value your knowledge on Khakis, and being that you obviously own several pair, in different colors, no less, based on your earlier posts, I can't think of a better person to ask.

As the resident khaki aficionado, what color khakis will you be wearing this spring? What colors should we stay away from?

Thanks in advance, OriginalkhakiKnight!

Last edited:
Sentence structure like that happens when one's had a bit too much blow. [winking]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT