ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: "all signs point toward tampering"

****ing bullshit. What an absolute loser EO and this team are if true. Good riddens, i trust pike enough to figure it out.

sorry about that. Riddance*. Points stands. Pathetic move.

I posted in another thread that tampering was my first thought. Does anyone know if there are any repercussions if a school is found to be tampering?

Reactions: MV9000
I posted in another thread that tampering was my first thought. Does anyone know if there are any repercussions if a school is found to be tampering?

In he past original school could block the transfer to the school or schools who tampered with their player.

Reactions: RU516
Somebody tell Carino that tampering occurs in about 90 percent of all transfers. Actually he's probably an experienced enough CBB reporter to know that.

Also, I don't think that there is a rule against a player recruiting another player to transfer to their school.

Can someone link the transfer portal? I can't find it.

Only the schools have access to the real database. 247 keeps a compiled list based on information they gather on social media, message boards and other sources. Thats the one you can Google.

Somebody tell Carino that tampering occurs in about 90 percent of all transfers. Actually he's probably an experienced enough CBB reporter to know that.

Also, I don't think that there is a rule against a player recruiting another player to transfer to their school.
Still doesn't mean Rutgers fans should be ok about it.

Reactions: rubigtimenow

Not if a coach directed a player to recruit another player and used that player to communicate through.
Like how would Eugene know there was a scholarship available to him. Unless a coach told his friend to tell him there would be.

You never seem to be on our side.
I only have one side -- my side.
Still doesn't mean Rutgers fans should be ok about it.
You are correct. If tampering did occur Rutgers fans should not be ok about it. However, my comment was directed at a reporter, not fans.
Not if a coach directed a player to recruit another player and used that player to communicate through.
Like how would Eugene know there was a scholarship available to him. Unless a coach told his friend to tell him there would be.
That scenario would be difficult to prove. Most players on the team know if a scholarship is available.

Yeah, best to move on. He wants to play with his friend. Players transferring out happens to everybody...

Reactions: RutgHoops
Yeah, best to move on. He wants to play with his friend. Players transferring out happens to everybody...
This type of scenario really doesn't happen that often. If Eugene was a grad transfer or he had to move closer to home maybe. But he was our best player last year and would be a senior captain.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
This type of scenario really doesn't happen that often. If Eugene was a grad transfer or he had to move closer to home maybe. But he was our best player last year and would be a senior captain.
It is an odd situation.

Since Coach traveled to Canada to meet with Omoruyi and his family, it appears that the kid didn't give any hint of possibly transferring before he left for the break. Tough blow. Nobody from Pike's first class is still in the program.

Russ likes to stir the pot we all know that by now.
Pointing out that tampering occurs in about 90 percent of all transfers is stirring the pot? Heck, 90 percent might be a low number. Carino doesn't need to do an autopsy to see if there was tampering. He should just start with a "theory" that tampering occurred and work from there. He'll probably be able to find out in less than four phone calls.

It is an odd situation.

Since Coach traveled to Canada to meet with Omoruyi and his family, it appears that the kid didn't give any hint of possibly transferring before he left for the break. Tough blow. Nobody from Pike's first class is still in the program.

Pike was here only 45 days and got Omouyi, Gettys as a grad transfer, convinced Jordan’s only recruit, Thiam, to stay and grabbed Bullock as a Hail Mary for Naz Reid and NJ POY press. Not sure that’s his “first class” when he was hired in April.

His first class are rising juniors: Geo, Doucoure, Myles Johnson (and Mensah).

Pike was here only 45 days and got Omouyi, Gettys as a grad transfer, convinced Jordan’s only recruit, Thiam, to stay and grabbed Bullock as a Hail Mary for Naz Reid and NJ POY press. Not sure that’s his “first class” when he was hired in April.

His first class are rising juniors: Geo, Doucoure, Myles Johnson (and Mensah).
It was his first class, and it was looking like a good one.

All new hires have to put together a class quickly. Omoruyi turned into a good B1G player. Gettys (I forgot about him) adapted to the step up in competition and played well. He was a very good grad transfer pick up. I always wondered why he offered Bullock. If you are correct about taking him to try to get Reid it was worth a shot, but typically you lock up the elite player first and add the package deal kid. I didn't know what to make out of Thiam. He's the kid who got into trouble and had to leave right?

It was his first class, and it was looking like a good one.....

.... I didn't know what to make out of Thiam. He's the kid who got into trouble and had to leave right?

Yes, Thiam is the kid who got in trouble. He actually looked like he had potential his first two years.

You consider 2019 to be Juwan Howard’s and Fred Hoiberg’s first class? I haven’t looked at it that way. 30 days to grab scraps.

Yes, Thiam is the kid who got in trouble. He actually looked like he had potential his first two years.

You consider 2019 to be Juwan Howard’s and Fred Hoiberg’s first class? I haven’t looked at it that way. 30 days to grab scraps.
Yup.

They have to recruit the current roster and keep guys from leaving and they have to recruit some guys to come to their school. So yes, I consider that their first class.

Think teams tampered with Douby when he was here, after both his Freshman and Soph years. Louisville was mentioned. Rumors ran especially rampant after his soph year, when Douby wanted to move to PG to enhance his attractiveness to the NBA. None of this is new.
TL

It was very clear that Jay Williams, who at one point was thought to be a RU lock, was in communication with Dahntay Jones about transferring to Duke. I remember many on this board stating that Dahntaty would never see the light of day there because they recruited better players. Ended up a 2 year starter, key player, and on to a creditable NBA career.

Russ, you may have already posted this, but what are your opinions about what we are getting with Yeboah and losing with Eugene? Thanks. Just saw that one of the Gators who might be leaving is staying— Andrew Nembhard

You might be surprised at what I have access to. Or maybe not.

I am curious if anyone has a link. No offense, but your access or lack of isn't really a concern. My interest is more to see what lacrosse transfers are in it.

Guess it's not public since it isn't readily available.

Reactions: ScarletDave
The kind of reporting that I think we all want to see would be an in-depth article on who we plan on hosting asap to potentially fill two openings?? Who's worth it; who's interested; who's coming on a visit? If it's 2020 kids mixed in, let's start reading some stories so we can all get the EO story out of our heads???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT