ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Eugene because he wants to play in the tourney

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
Eugene must not have a lot of belief in himself as the team alpha. Most guys with that mentality believe they will take their team to the tournament.

Bah! So he wanted to leave. So he wants to be in the tourney. So what. Good for him. Good riddance. Whatever. NEXT!

No, what I want to see, what would make me happy?

We make the tourney. Gene's new team makes the tourney. We face them. He gets POSTERIZED by Tez. By Ron. By Shaq.

And in the end, we win. They go home.

MIC DROP!!

Those words have been used specifically, but the feeling that we'll somehow feel no loss from Omoruyi's departure because we have Yeboah and Harper has also had some legs with several posters.

We had FAR less turnover than most of the league when it was just Doorson/Thiam departing. We were returning our Top 8 scorers, and were adding in 4 players to compete for minutes. We may still have less turnover than the rest of the league, but that gap has now been narrowed quite a bit.

I used the word "if" he was scared off. I never said he was. So thanks for posting my statement.

And Yeboah is a plug and play player if there ever has been. He's a known commodity who spent 4 years with Pike already. He knows his coaching style and his systems already.

Are you really debating that?

Why dont you agree with it? Why do you think EO was better than Myles or Doorson on the defensive end in particular. Also keep in mind Harper STRAPPED a lottery pick, twice.

EO had the most defensive versatility. Often drew tougher matchups because of it (as did Mathis). Myles limited versatility and almost always in foul trouble early . Doorson was very good in his defensive role but based on his lack of versatility he can’t always be on the floor. Harper improved as the year went on for sure and of course love his potential.

EO had the most defensive versatility. Often drew tougher matchups because of it (as did Mathis). Myles limited versatility and almost always in foul trouble early . Doorson was very good in his defensive role but based on his lack of versatility he can’t always be on the floor. Harper improved as the year went on for sure and of course love his potential.
Did EO ever defend a guard? Im not sure what you mean by versatility. Due to his lack of defensive prowess that was the reason we could pretty much never go small because he would get bullied on the block. He was an incredibly average defender who people were enamored with because he took charges and yelled

Did EO ever defend a guard? Im not sure what you mean by versatility. Due to his lack of defensive prowess that was the reason we could pretty much never go small because he would get bullied on the block. He was an incredibly average defender who people were enamored with because he took charges and yelled

I agree with this Granted he was a fan favorite because he improved so much from when he got here but he was used as much as he was out of necessity. Going forward he was going to lose a lot of his minutes and more so his touches. The offense wasnt going to go through him any more. He was going back to what his game truly is....a Role Player

I wonder why Oregon is actively trying to make their team worse by recruiting Omoruyi. Strange.

If used correctly EO can help any team with his game. However when you have to make him your first or second option it is obvious that your team is limited. This year he would have been a second thought on offense. Maybe fourth or fifth option.

If used correctly EO can help any team with his game. However when you have to make him your first or second option it is obvious that your team is limited. This year he would have been a second thought on offense. Maybe fourth or fifth option.
Yup on offense this year its going to be 1) Geo 2) Ron (who very well may surpass geo as the #1 guy) 3) Yeboah 4) Young/Caleb 5) Young/Caleb 6) this is where eugene wouldve fallen as far as analytics and player efficiency goes.

I wonder why Oregon is actively trying to make their team worse by recruiting Omoruyi. Strange.
That's because Pike sent them doctored videos
of Zion , photo shopping Eugene's head on Zion's body and turning Duke's uniform into a Rutgers one.
Almost had Providence fooled with the one that made LeBron into Omoruyi, but Cooley questioned the part in the video where Rutgers played the Knicks [roll]

Reactions: RU_kidding_me
Since our number 6 player made all big 10 honorable mention, I look forward to the 5-6 better Rutgers players making all big 10 teams.
Eugene made it through the media, not the coaches. Geo was named B1G honorable mention by both.

Nice to see how you show up on the BB board when you think it's an opportune moment to piss on things.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Eugene made it through the media, not the coaches. Geo was named B1G honorable mention by both.

Nice to see how you show up on the BB board when you think it's an opportune moment to piss on things.
Looks like there are two schools on how much EO leaving means.
One is the sky is falling and the black cloud that follows the RUMBB program around his shown up again.
The other one claims Eugene isn't doo doo and he'll easily be replaced, adding he's an overrated ,mean, hateful , piece of trash that won't be missed because ( name player here) is better and will replace that traitor.

I feel Omoruyi was a big part of last year's team and was a great asset, but isn't irreplaceable and Rutgers does have enough talent to overcome his loss.
The question is, will that talent be able to do it.
Just like an honest question could be asked if EO's knee is nothing to worry about and won't be a problem in the 2019-20 season.
As of now I can't say it will or will not be a problem, just like I can't promise he won't be missed or if someone will replace him easily .

All I can say is goodby to EO and let others wish him well, though I won't wish any harm comes to him, I just won't wish him success at his next stop.
I will hope the 2019-20 team proves he wasn't needed and EO is quickly forgotten by all because he's a bench-warmer wherever he goes.

Reactions: RUhobbit

Eugene guarded 3-5. That’s pretty rare. Do you always want to match him up with a 5? No. Did he guard a 1-2? No. Did he guard out in the perimeter at times? Yes. Was he a good help defender? Yes. Is he a good off ball defender? Not sure he is.

Eugene guarded 3-5. That’s pretty rare. Do you always want to match him up with a 5? No. Did he guard a 1-2? No. Did he guard out in the perimeter at times? Yes. Was he a good help defender? Yes. Is he a good off ball defender? Not sure he is.
I dont recall him guarding to the 3, can you reference a game he did so? I dont recall him guarding the perimeter unless it was simply to cover a stretch 4. But even vs nebraska we opted to limit eugenes minutes vs roby because he doesnt defend stretch 4’s all that well. Ill give you that I think he was a pretty good help defender as he slipped in and took good position alot hence why he took so many charges

I doubt it very much but there is always a very slight chance that our other walk on, Daniel Lobach could see a few minutes at forward. He is supposedly a decent outside shooter.

It seems strange that Texas A & M and Oregon that Eugene is interested in are both now recruiting several other forwards as well. He might find it difficult getting added to either of those teams.

I agree with this Granted he was a fan favorite because he improved so much from when he got here but he was used as much as he was out of necessity. Going forward he was going to lose a lot of his minutes and more so his touches. The offense wasnt going to go through him any more. He was going back to what his game truly is....a Role Player
I made this point in another post. If EO were to embrace a role for him as a role player where he brought the hustle and intensity and got his points on offensive put backs then I think he could have helped... But it doesn't seem like he would and it might have become a locker room chemistry issue. It is tough for someone to go from being the first or second option to not having the offense designed to go through you all the time
Yup on offense this year its going to be 1) Geo 2) Ron (who very well may surpass geo as the #1 guy) 3) Yeboah 4) Young/Caleb 5) Young/Caleb 6) this is where eugene wouldve fallen as far as analytics and player efficiency goes.
Don't forget about Myles too! I hope we use the extended 3 point line plus the addition of a 4 who can shoot the 3 and space the court to really establish Myles inside and work an inside outside game. Myles is a good passer and we could surround him with 4 guys who can all hit from deep if they double

But even vs nebraska we opted to limit eugenes minutes vs roby because he doesnt defend stretch 4’s all that well.

I was under the impression it was because it was his first game back after a season ending knee injury, it was a surprise to Pikiell, and that he was about 70%. But your reason makes more sense. Thanks for clearing things up.

EO played 36 min in the conf tournament against Nebraska and that’s just way too long for that crappy d he puts out there. It’s no surprise we lost. Pike should have had his feet held to the fire for that one. I mean, come on. The 7th best player logging 36 min.

Last edited:
I was under the impression it was because it was his first game back after a season ending knee injury, it was a surprise to Pikiell, and that he was about 70%. But your reason makes more sense. Thanks for clearing things up.

EO played 36 min in the conf tournament against Nebraska and that’s just way too long for that crappy d he puts out there. It’s no surprise we lost. Pike should have had his feet held to the fire for that one. I mean, come on. The 7th best player logging 36 min.
Who else could we have played instead of eugene? We didnt have another 4 on the roster besides shaq carter who really is more of an undersized 5

you’re arguing both sides. Which is it, have to give him minutes, or he was given limited minutes because he was bad at defense? I’m not sure which you want me to respond to, but these are opposites.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
you’re arguing both sides. Which is it, have to give him minutes, or he was given limited minutes because he was bad at defense? I’m not sure which you want me to respond to, but these are opposites.
Youre not smart and your reading comprehension sucks. We limited his time guarding roby. Not on the floor. We literally had no other options at the 4 last year. This year with rons increased strength and yeboah we have a couple of better options at the 4

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Ahh,right... I suppose suppose his season low in B1G minutes played (outside of osu) had nothing to do with it. Or that he was 70%

Reactions: LeapinLou
Losing EO last season would have been brutal especially earlier in the season. It's irrelevant at this point what his role was and how important he was last season though. It already happened. This season is completely different with all the new talent and the growth of freshman to sophomores. EO was in for a reduced role so it's not as big of an impact.

Bottom line, EO was a very solid B1G player with tons of experience. RU has not had a lot of those types over the years. I'd have much preferred him and Yeboah battling it out for minutes, the best player gets to play. If one is having a tough game, the other picks him up. Oregon is a step up. No one can debate that. He will get minutes there. They would not have taken him otherwise. Despite all that, I have not been more excited about RU BB since early in Bannon's era.

$1,000 says treeman has some personal connection to EO.

How do I collect? Or are you showcasing how you don’t stand behind your words? False machismo. Not that it’s surprising. Diarrhea of the keyboard.

Maybe you should have written, “I’d like to wager $1,000 that treeman has some personal connection to EO, but I wouldn’t pay up anyhow. I though you should all know every steam of conscious thought I have. You’re welcome”

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
How do I collect? Or are you showcasing how you don’t stand behind your words? False machismo. Not that it’s surprising. Diarrhea of the keyboard.

Maybe you should have written, “I’d like to wager $1,000 that treeman has some personal connection to EO, but I wouldn’t pay up anyhow. I though you should all know every steam of conscious thought I have. You’re welcome”
what's your phone number. I'm going to text you some clips of Stony Brook vs RU of Eugene vs Yeboah so you can see with your own eyes who's the better player. Just put them together

Are you going to Venmo me $1000 to go with that? I’ll make sure everyone knows how you pay up your bets. As of right now, your credibility is zero.

Are you going to Venmo me $1000 to go with that? I’ll make sure everyone knows how you pay up your bets. As of right now, your credibility is zero.
yeah, if you think I believe an account created in 2001 had a personal connection to eugene I have a bridge to sell you while we're at it. whats your number so I can text you

Eugene wants to go to the tourney, so he decided to transfer. It may turn out to be funny because, by the time he can play for Oregon, he could end up playing against Rutgers in the NCAA tourney.[roll]

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT