ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: Unfinished Business for Geo

I must say, it is flattering that anonymous message board man follows me on two separate social platforms. Thank you kind anonymous man. Very cute
I don’t. I’m just aware of your reputation. I’m pretty sure most on this board are as well. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

You seem to use the word cute a lot as an insult. That’s a sign that you’re insecure. Maybe less board time and more time focusing on yourself.

I don’t. I’m just aware of your reputation. I’m pretty sure most on this board are as well. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

You seem to use the word cute a lot as an insult. That’s a sign that you’re insecure. Maybe less board time and more time focusing on yourself.
Very cute, we have a board psychiatrist here as well.

Because your many infantile posts show that you are an insufferable braggard, very immature, self absorbed to the nth degree ,
and totally lacking empathy. Plus you have made verbal threats to posters with whom you disagree.

I don't understand why anyone would want to do business with you.
LOL. Awwww. Wish u well mr victim

Could care less what geo or any player does off the court. My focus is on them playing basketball and winning games. Geo was not good last year . If he’s going to play like that again in 21-22, then it’s time to move on. If he’s going to be better , then it would be nice for him to come back. What he says or does off the court should not matter at all.

People that think Geo is distracted, why do you spend hours on a message board? That's surely taking away from your work productivity. Imagine how much more productive you'd be if you weren't on here complaining about how Geo isn't focused. Seems like y'all are just projecting your unproductive behavior and blaming a college student for it.

Geo Baker, you have my support 100%.

I just want to watch basketball on not have everyone who is living a pretty awesome life complain about everything. Everything his a hero, activist trying to do something. Geo with NIL, women complaining about NCAA, coaches talking about masks. Just understand you are very lucky and play.

What I want is the ncaa to have a serious conversation with these guys and tell them that NCAA is an organization for all sports yet is pretty much funded by 1 sport and that 1 sport funds all other sports that lose money. Then explain if ncaa pays players then women don’t get a tournement.

Ncaa should allow NIL but say that anyone receiving NIL compensation is restricted from transferring.

cost of living should also be taken away.

Last edited:
You know damn well that he almost immediately recanted on the use of the word slave. Yet you keep bringing it up over and over. He seems to have some pretty big hitters (senators) listening to and working with him. Not bad for a ”child”.

Kyk calling anyone a child is laughable.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I just want to watch basketball on not have everyone who is living a pretty awesome life complain about everything. Everything his a hero, activist trying to do something. Geo with NIL, women complaining about NCAA,

(1) Why do you think the men have better facilities, swag, etc. at the NCAA tournament?

(2) If you get the correct answer to #1, how do you think it ties into your feelings about NIL?

(3, not for Pancho specifically) Jesus ****ing Christ why is every thread on here just people sniping at each other now?

Reactions: bac2therac
He never said he was “so valuable”. Not once. I think some of you don’t realize what passing up a year ~100k in overseas ball means financially to some of these kids. I mean seriously, if money was no object, we’re talking about a kid who eat sleeps and breathes Rutgers. Does anyone doubt this? I don’t understand why so many people can’t understand that being able to bring in a small about of money to help him mother, etc. while attending school for another year could help justify the decision to give up an overseas salary. Why is this such a terrible rationale to fight for?

Then why hasn't he left already? He can make all this money overseas, right? So go. Why is there even a decision to be had?

Or maybe it's because his value isn't worth nearly what he thinks it is.

My concerns are not the NIL issue. I just don't think he is that good. Add to that he is going to be the captain and he doesnt really play hard defensively and when he is in a defensive position to take a charge he doesn't.

He shot 29.4% from 3 last year and 30.3% this year. That just isn't good enough.

I was hoping we upgrade his position in the portal.

on point

I would keep a closer eye on what is going on in the Supreme Court case than Geo's specific effort on NIL. There are also several states that have passed their own laws that kick in over the next couple of year that are going to require a comprehensive settlement on athletes right. The initial read out from the justices questioning of the NCAA is that the are having difficulty reconciling NCAA restrictions with anti-trust considerations. That said, some of them wonder about the consequences and why they are even being asked to decide this.

The NCAA (and just as importantly school presidents) needs real leadership here and it remains AWOL. While it is nice that Emmert meet with Geo, Livers and Bohannon, this NIL issue is just a piece of the broader "amateur" issue that needs to either be reaffirmed or revised. I don't see how either side benefits long term from a significant change in the status quo without a real chance for unintended consequences.

At some point, people will need to rationalize the current role (and associated expense of) of athletics in the world of higher education. Yes football and basketball TV revenue is large but it seems to fund athletic opportunities for many beyond just those playing those two sports.

Then why hasn't he left already? He can make all this money overseas, right? So go. Why is there even a decision to be had?

Or maybe it's because his value isn't worth nearly what he thinks it is.

Maybe because he actually wants to stay at Rutgers and truly loves it? Did that thought ever even occur to anyone complaining about him? Geez.

I don’t want to be swept up in any political debate.

I believe Geo will hurt fundraising if he stays. I’d think a certain percentage of donors and possible donors would be turned off about athletes inquiring about monetizing their collegiate careers.

With all the organizations out there that desperately need money and volunteers I can see some people questioning why donate money so a player like Geo Baker can take a trip to Spain or have a ridiculous state of the art practice facility.

For all those bashing Geo as a player - he’s had injuries the last two years. He lost his explosiveness this year because of the lower body injury. True, the shooting numbers weren’t great this year. But i for one would love to see what an explosive Geo does in a fifth year.

I believe Geo will hurt fundraising if he stays. I’d think a certain percentage of donors and possible donors would be turned off about athletes inquiring about monetizing their collegiate careers.

With all the organizations out there that desperately need money and volunteers I can see some people questioning why donate money so a player like Geo Baker can take a trip to Spain or have a ridiculous state of the art practice facility.
Perhaps. But then there might be donors who like what he has to say.

The distraction argument shouldn’t be accepted. “Distracted” Geo helped lead the team to a win against Clemson and took a Final Four team to the last second. I’ll take that any day of the week.
From a recruiting standpoint every single kid we’re going after is on Geo’s side of the issue. Having his name on all the headlines creates a ton of goodwill for the program. We’d be lucky to have Geo back and we were lucky to have him in the first place.

What politics?You guys think this team was playing cohesively?

What legit captain, before the biggest game in 30 years discusses with the other team protesting the game because he’s that out of touch with how good he has it.

If we somehow made the Sugar Bowl this fall and the captain pulled the same stunt I’d blast that kid too. Politics have nothing to do with this asinine likeness argument.

His likeness is so valuable yet he’s trying to come back for another year of slavery? Which one is it kid?
We won a game in the tournament and nearly knocked off a team in the final four.

i will be turned off if we hear about it all season long. make a decision. Yes NIL, no NIL, Come back, dont come back.... make a decision. just dont make me listen to your problems for the next 365 days. the overwhelming majority of players could care less about NIL.

Reactions: Caliknight
Maybe the RU Court Club can have a Geo Baker signing day at the next meeting?

Variable fees for Geo to sign flat type items, photo opps w Geo, signed basketballs, jerseys, etc.

Credit card only.

Last edited:
i will be turned off if we hear about it all season long. make a decision. Yes NIL, no NIL, Come back, dont come back.... make a decision. just dont make me listen to your problems for the next 365 days. the overwhelming majority of players could care less about NIL.

totally disagree on your last sentence

The distraction argument shouldn’t be accepted. “Distracted” Geo helped lead the team to a win against Clemson and took a Final Four team to the last second. I’ll take that any day of the week.
From a recruiting standpoint every single kid we’re going after is on Geo’s side of the issue. Having his name on all the headlines creates a ton of goodwill for the program. We’d be lucky to have Geo back and we were lucky to have him in the first place.

It may or may not have been a distraction but you cant talk about the great games he played against clemson and Houston without talking about the last 4 minutes of Houston game. Come to think of it it may have been the worst 3 minutes for a single player in the tournament.

4:16 - 58-53 Rutgers
3:53 - Geo missed jumper, Ron missed jumper(58-53)
3:04 - Caleb missed 3 (58-53)
2:53 - Grimes missed both free throws, Geo lets ball go through his hand Grimes knocks down a 3 - (58-56)
2:04 - Geo makes layup (60-56)
1:48 - Geo missed layup (60-57)
0:24 - Geo missed box out then fouls Tramon for and one (60-61)
0:11 - Geo turns over by losing his handle. (60-61) effectively ending the game

It may or may not have been a distraction but you cant talk about the great games he played against clemson and Houston without talking about the last 4 minutes of Houston game. Come to think of it it may have been the worst 3 minutes for a single player in the tournament.

2:53 - Grimes missed both free throws, Geo lets ball go through his hand Grimes knocks down a 3 - (58-56)

Could it just be that Houston played good defense?

He didn't play well down the stretch and if you watched the presser you would know it broke his heart. He said he'll never get over that mistake in his whole life and he meant that. That ball didn't slip out of his hands because of NIL. It was bad luck at the worst time and if you feel anything other than sympathy for him that says more about you than it does about him.

Kid is a hero for the program. If you watch the team on social media and recruits and stuff you'd know how key his confidence was to turning this around. He brought energy and legit belief that the bottom feeding was gonna end through an era when that seemed impossible. Sure, some players are better on the court but many of those superior players would never be able to replicate what Baker meant to the program.

He didn't play well down the stretch and if you watched the presser you would know it broke his heart. He said he'll never get over that mistake in his whole life and he meant that. That ball didn't slip out of his hands because of NIL. It was bad luck at the worst time and if you feel anything other than sympathy for him that says more about you than it does about him.

Kid is a hero for the program. If you watch the team on social media and recruits and stuff you'd know how key his confidence was to turning this around. He brought energy and legit belief that the bottom feeding was gonna end through an era when that seemed impossible. Sure, some players are better on the court but many of those superior players would never be able to replicate what Baker meant to the program.

Nah.

As he moved to his left, he thought "if I make this I will make millions from NIL!!" At that moment, the ball slipped from his hands.

Reactions: kyleman4
Baker needs to make a decision regarding coming back to Rutgers ASAP.Discussion about off the court matters regarding Baker is getting too much attention .His basketball decision is very important because of the uncertainty in the back court with Young leaving.

Geo played horribly the last 4 mins. He would tell you that too. But no one played well. Practically every player on the team had a horrible last 4 mins on offense and defense.

I give Geo credit for taking the ball at end game and basketball pressure circumstances. But the use of words hero or courageous is misused here.

If things don’t go as planned it’s not from lack of desire or effort.

The problem is most people have not thought through the implications of paying college athletes. Players collecting off their likeness will be a way of paying athletes.

Net net college athletics is a losing business. There are only a few programs that will ultimately be able to survive.

There are athletes who have have Recently had their programs cuts because schools cant compete in football and basketball without cutting costs elsewhere.

Geo Baker is whining about not being able to collect on his basketball skills while a male swimmer or diver at University of Connecticut had his program cut this year and he can’t compete unless he transfers. All because of football and basketball.

Idk about a frosh PG being B1G-ready...I'd feel better with a more seasoned PG filling the JY void and allowing Miller to develop.
Miller will not develop as quickly if he is not in the regular rotation. He won't be if a transfer guard is bought in and Baker returns. As long as we have a decent amount of OOC games before big ten play, Miller will be fine. Guards have a much easier time adjusting than big men.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

How do you know? Let's be honest he almost coughed up the game against Clemson too. When you play on the biggest stage you need the most focus and discipline. When it was crunch time geo didnt have it. You think all he did was tweet and then refocus? He tweeted told everyone on the team what he was doing, read every single response, like, share, then went and read Bohannan's tweet which then followed by searching the hashtag #notNCAA property, which then was followed by reading all the articles written about it....

I am not sure about you but i am married with a kid and run a business. I have employees. When i go to work and have to perform to generate revenue it needs my full attention. When i have days where i fight with my wife or employees or something is wrong i typically do not operate at the highest level. this is ok when i am doing routine things. but when the big client walks in the door with an unusual problem, their is no room for mistakes. Same with Geo, when you play the crappy teams you get away with a missed block out here or a turnover there. When you are playing the elite of the elite you need your full attention. I do not know if it affected his game but at the biggest stage the team doesn't need their leader's focus and attention elsewhere. Geo was not 100% focused on going to the sweet 16.

To call geo a hero is a joke. Important player but if not Geo, pikiell would have gotten some other 3 star that was recruited to play at the ivy, AE, NEC level to fill his spot. Stop making him into this mythical person. Geo is a good player whose other options were to play at Vermont, Boston U, Holy Cross, New Hampshire, Stony Brook, Quinipiac... I dont wnat to minimize Geo but people calling him a hero is a bit much....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT