ADVERTISEMENT

Carroo getting the start at WR for Dolphins today!

MorrisAsh

All Conference
Dec 5, 2015
Morristown
Davonte Parker is hurt so Carroo draws the start. Hoopefully Leonte make the most of his opportunity but he is going against a good secondary and, well, Jay Cutler is the QB.

Davonte Parker is hurt so Carroo draws the start. Hoopefully Leonte make the most of his opportunity but he is going against a good secondary and, well, Jay Cutler is the QB.

Dialing up the list of excuses already, ha !

I hope that Carroo has a good game today. If not then I think his time in Miami may be running out.

To quote Bruce Johnson, Carroo presently has a donut for receptions this season. It all starts now, in the famous words of Gary Waters.

Miami came from behind to win but, per the box score, Carroo had no catches.

Carroo a very good college talent. Unfortunately adjusting to pro ball is a totally different animal.

As a Dolphins fan I was super super pumped when we moved up to take him the draft, I told everyone who would listen what a stud we got.

In 19 games he has just three receptions including a total of zero this season. I still believe in him but he's losing opportunities to prove himself because more and more he's starting to look like a bust.

I watched that game and tried to focus on Carroo when possible, he was getting open but Cutler likes L Landry a lot and seems to fixate on him (understandably so). The one play they isolated Carroo on a quick slant, Cutler had his pass tipped at the line of scrimmage. The one thing I would say he is doing well is blocking downfield, but something has to happen for him quickly while Parker is out, or else he may in trouble next year.

I wouldn't judge him yet, especially with Cutler. I think good chance he'll have a long career as a starter.

I wouldn't judge him yet, especially with Cutler. I think good chance he'll have a long career as a starter.

But it's just not Cutler, he struggled last season as well with Tannehill. This is all on him

Dolphins started with two tight ends and ran the ball a lot. The only time he got his hands on a ball was on a tipped pass that fell right to him and he juggled it almost comically before it fell to the ground.

I’m a Dolphins fan and watch all the games closely and he’s been invisible since he’s been there except for the times he has gotten called for illegal motion or drops the occasional pass thrown his way. Has also had zero impact on special teams. I was pumped when they drafted him but he’s been a total bust, there’s no sugarcoating it, and there are no excuses. Really disappointed. I cannot imagine him being with the team next year if he even makes it till the end of the season. Hopefully he can get a fresh start somewhere else and regain his confidence and be the player I thought he could be.

Dolphins started with two tight ends and ran the ball a lot. The only time he got his hands on a ball was on a tipped pass that fell right to him and he juggled it almost comically before it fell to the ground.

I’m a Dolphins fan and watch all the games closely and he’s been invisible since he’s been there except for the times he has gotten called for illegal motion or drops the occasional pass thrown his way. Has also had zero impact on special teams. I was pumped when they drafted him but he’s been a total bust, there’s no sugarcoating it, and there are no excuses. Really disappointed. I cannot imagine him being with the team next year if he even makes it till the end of the season. Hopefully he can get a fresh start somewhere else and regain his confidence and be the player I thought he could be.
That's such a shame. I think he had like one drop his entire career at RU. He was usually the best player in the field except when playing teams like Ohio State. It honestly had to be all mental. Nova and Laviano made a career on throwing the ball blindly up to Carroo even if he was double covered and he'd still make the catch.

In fairness, that drop was a tough catch to make, it got tipped like it was mentioned but it came at Carroo like a fluttering duck just shot out of the sky, if I was an official scorer I wouldn't have credited that as a drop.

Reactions: PaRU102
In fairness, that drop was a tough catch to make, it got tipped like it was mentioned but it came at Carroo like a fluttering duck just shot out of the sky, if I was an official scorer I wouldn't have credited that as a drop.
I disagree completely. That was about as easy a catch as you're going to get in the NFL and no one was around him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT