ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Anger Index ESPN (look at #5)

"The Scarlet Knights have two quality losses against top-three teams. If they were in the SEC, they'd be ranked 12th right now."

Funny. It's amazing how much respect we're getting from that OSU performance. I thought the cheap TD they tacked on at the end was going to cloud our performance from a national perspective. But it seems people paid close attention and know the game was much closer than the score. If we beat Iowa, we will be in the top 25 on Monday. It's a coin flip on paper. I hope the football Gods are kind.

"The Scarlet Knights have two quality losses against top-three teams. If they were in the SEC, they'd be ranked 12th right now."

Funny. It's amazing how much respect we're getting from that OSU performance. I thought the cheap TD they tacked on at the end was going to cloud our performance from a national perspective. But it seems people paid close attention and know the game was much closer than the score. If we beat Iowa, we will be in the top 25 on Monday. It's a coin flip on paper. I hope the football Gods are kind.

Votes? Yes. Top 25? No.

In the number 3 spot about Louisville they speak of 5 wins against power 5 teams with winning records and since we have seen the haters talk about beating teams with winning records so much.. it occurred to me that if the Big Ten east top teams weren't so powerful, some of our wins may have come against teams with winning records. If we played fewer conference games and played more cupcakes.. as a conference.. then we might have more teams with winning records to beat.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It’s about how the SEC teams get treated for “good losses”
Not only that, it's when the bottom teams in the SEC beat the top teams, they just move the bottom teams up and it barely affects the top teams rankings. It skews all the computer rankings. So their argument about Alabama, for example, it based on numbers that are artificially inflated by overrated teams. Then when all the SEC teams lose in the bowls, the excuse is because the games were meaningless.

Its, funny because it's so true. Lose in the SEC you drop a spot or two, win and you jump 6 to 7 spots. They start off with 7 teams in the preseason poll and don't drop out until they achieve 4 losses or more.

Ironically, the loss to a #1 had us lose the 2 votes we had the week before.

Those voters probably vote on the basis of the Sunday paper score listing.
After checking the record of the team. Doesn't really consider quality wins and losses outside of SEC bias.

So does 6-3 or 7-3 get us ranked? Our wins would be Northwester, Indiana, Michigan State, Temple, Virginia Tech, Iowa. Other than Iowa (if it happens) is there a quality win? VT maybe? For that reason being outside the top 25 doesn't bother me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT