ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers in Hot Water

Can you imagine what an uproar it would be today when Bobby Knight took out that whip after the NCAA tournament game and directed it to Calbert Cheaney?

Best of Luck,
Groz

yesterday isn’t today. And that is a very good thing.....(except for the 3 point line)

That's a really badly written tweet. They didn't defend his noose comment - they agreed he made a mistake. They did, however, defend his overall character as a man and as a coach, which tells me this blows over, which I'm ok with, given that and the coach's apology.

except the point is Stevens is defending his coach here and calling out the players credibility but leave to you to try and twist it. Sure he said his coach made a mistake of course the rest of what Stevens said is more important so why are you playing that game

except the point is Stevens is defending his coach here and calling out the players credibility but leave to you to try and twist it. Sure he said his coach made a mistake of course the rest of what Stevens said is more important so why are you playing that game
As usual you're wrong - don't you ever tire of it? Neither "defended" the noose comment - they defended the coach, in general, which I agree is very important and will likely help save his job.

The writer of the OP tweet-linked story lost me here:

Before NASCAR banned the Confederate flag and was immediately rocked by a noose impersonating a door pulldown in the garage of its only Black driver.
How many ways must it be proven that it was not a noose. That it did not even look like a noose. A nooze is a very specific think and a rather hard know to make. Meanwhile, a surgeons loop knot is very easy to tie.. the loop is static.. it does not slip closed like a noose. It is very useful because loops are useful.. like in pulling down doors without having the rope run through your hand cutting or burning it.

That's ain't a noose. I suppose, overall, it is a good thing that people don't know what a noose looks like. But they should stop writing about it as an example after it has been totally debunked.

surgeonsloopR8.jpg

Looks like a miniature noose to me but you appear to have more knowledge about nooses than me. I just know that I don't want to be anywhere near a noose.
So your telling me any rope tied with a loop at the end is a noose? If so then I'm in big trouble as all my shop pull downs have a loop at the end. I don't know how to tie a noose but I do tie a loop in a rope to also tie things down tight. Just so you know the rope in the picture above, it's not a noose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
The writer of the OP tweet-linked story lost me here:

Before NASCAR banned the Confederate flag and was immediately rocked by a noose impersonating a door pulldown in the garage of its only Black driver.
How many ways must it be proven that it was not a noose. That it did not even look like a noose. A nooze is a very specific think and a rather hard know to make. Meanwhile, a surgeons loop knot is very easy to tie.. the loop is static.. it does not slip closed like a noose. It is very useful because loops are useful.. like in pulling down doors without having the rope run through your hand cutting or burning it.

That's ain't a noose. I suppose, overall, it is a good thing that people don't know what a noose looks like. But they should stop writing about it as an example after it has been totally debunked.

surgeonsloopR8.jpg
cut the BS and get to the heart of the matter, not make your own version of the noose found or try to say it wasn't one that depicts the type used in hangings.
This is what NASCAR posted as a photo of the garage pull rope that was fashioned into a noose at Talladega.
EbXvGA0UMAAUeTT

So your telling me any rope tied with a loop at the end is a noose? If so then I'm in big trouble as all my shop pull downs have a loop at the end. I don't know how to tie a noose but I do tie a loop in a rope to also tie things down tight. Just so you know the rope in the picture above, it's not a noose.
Nope, I did not say that. For example, a lasso is a rope tied with a loop at the end & it doesn't look like a noose to me.

Maybe study my previous post a bit more. Perhaps read it outloud one word at a time if that will help you understand my post better.

Nope, I did not say that. For example, a lasso is a rope tied with a loop at the end & it doesn't look like a noose to me.

Maybe study my previous post a bit more. Perhaps read it outloud one word at a time if that will help you understand my post better.
Ok I'll give it a try, "L o o k s - l i k e - a - m i n a t u r e - n o o s e - t o - m e". Yup still reads the same way. You just said a surgeons loop which isn't a noose looks like one to you. Maybe it translates differently in French?

OMG he's about to hang that pour little lure.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I'll give it a try, "L o o k s - l i k e - a - m i n a t u r e - n o o s e - t o - m e". Yup still reads the same way. You just said a surgeons loop which isn't a noose looks like one to you. Maybe it translates differently in French?

maxresdefault.jpg
Good grief.

If that still reads the same way to you then you might have reading comprehension problems.

I didn't say it was a noose, just that it looks like a miniature noose to me. Do I think it is a noose? Nope, but to me it resembles one.

At least you figured out that I was talking about that one picture and not "any rope tied with a loop at the end" as you were attempting to turn my words into.

Tbh, I think you are overreacting to my comment that it looks like a miniature noose to me. Not sure why you are though.

Wow, this is where the argument is going? That it's not a noose? Yikes. Some folks are just grasping at this point.
Wow, I never said it was a noose. So, if you are including me in your "Some folks are just grasping at this point," comment maybe just cross my name off the list.

Wow, I never said it was a noose. So, if you are including me in your "Some folks are just grasping at this point," comment maybe just cross my name off the list.

No, that wasn't directed toward you. I was responding to the guys trying to split hairs and say that what was hanging in the garage wasn't a noose. That's the point we're at now, it seems... I guess a noose has to be tied in the Noose region of the Deep South, and this knot is just sparkling racism.

Looks like a miniature noose to me but you appear to have more knowledge about nooses than me. I just know that I don't want to be anywhere near a noose.
But the one in the shop actually had tape around the knot for a clean look. You'd have to wrap the rope around the not very orderly and longer for it to look like a noose. All Bubba or his people had to do was look at the other garage doors. ASK people in the garage about it and find out they were all pull-down ropes... which is what the FBI did when they were wasting the time of 15 agents there.

My argument was with the writer.. who clearly KNEW they were not nooses.. but to sustain the viability of that example.. the writer had to pretend that the garage made nooses for their garage door pull-down ropes.. and if they had, the first guy that use it might have crushed his hand as the knot slipped closed as he pulled it down.

The whole thing was a joke of a complaint.. but, fair enough, people make mistakes.. honest mistakes.. I do not blame Bubba.. the world is telling him that everyone is racist and the confederate flags he see at NASCAR means all his fans really want him dead.. honest mistake. And FAIR ENOUGH.. it kinda looks like a noose.. but if you saw one on every door.. if they looked OLD and USED to you.. would you immediately jump to the conclusion that the one on your door was meant as a racist comment or threat?

C'mon. You know you wouldn't "go there".

The writer KNEW they were not nooses and STILL chose to write that when he had all the other examples to support the argument.

maxresdefault.jpg
fishermans knots are now hate crimes!

my only point was that if you are going to call a piece of rope a felony hate crime.. you best be sure it is intentional and something closer to a noose. this also begs the question.. did Jussie Smollet know how to tie a noose? I suppose any knot that would pull tight and close would serve. And I 'd bet lynchings of anyone, black men, white men, etc.. rarely used real nooses. A real noose knot was meant to be "humane".. to kill the person as quickly as possible... and not cut off his head.

for the record.. fishermans knots do not close tighter.. they are a way of untying the loop knot and reusing the line.

cut the BS and get to the heart of the matter, not make your own version of the noose found or try to say it wasn't one that depicts the type used in hangings.
This is what NASCAR posted as a photo of the garage pull rope that was fashioned into a noose at Talladega.
EbXvGA0UMAAUeTT
I think someone is missing with you with that picture.. looks nothing like this one that appeared in all the media at the time

EbLWOivVcAELjiC.jpg

On second examination... I agree with you. It appears that was very much like a noose and that image was not created to justify the noose report. It was really there when Bubba arrived.. and had been there over a year.. the lone noose-looking knot in the garage.

This video shows it fairly clearly. And there are images showing it was there in 2019. yeah.. looked like a noose then too.

I stand corrected. Bubba was right. The writer is right. You guys were right. I was wrong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT