ADVERTISEMENT

Christ, you know it ain't easy...you know how hard it can be...

RU848789

Legend
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
The Ballad of John and Yoko lyrics (Beatles song) seem appropriate after this game, although the Clint Eastwood film, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly also comes to mind, lol, as it featured that incredible comeback, a horrible first half, but with that clutch trey by Geo to cut the lead from 10 to 7 at the buzzer, and of course Paul's ugly play. Nothing ever comes easy for this team, but what a gritty, gut-check comeback to win after being down 6-10 much of the game and cutting it from 52-45 with 9 minutes left to a 52-52 tie with 5:30 left - based on zone defense of all things. Didn't see that coming, but it worked. And we hit just enough timely shots to win, with most of them being by Ron Harper Jr., including the game winner of course, although those 4 FTs by Cliff and 2 by Hyatt, down the stretch were just money.

What a crazy game and we have to talk about Mulcahy's horrible performance and gaffe. He picked a very bad time for his worst game of the year with just 5 points, but he also had 5 TOs to just 3 assists and, of course, the dumbest play of the season, getting a flagrant 2 foul (deserved) for swinging and making contact with the head of the defender who had just fouled him hard, but fair (it's what is done with 19 seconds left and the season on the line for both teams). And this was after his continued whining all game to the refs, including acting to try to get a flagrant on the same guy earlier in the 2nd half (it wasn't a flagrant). He needs to STFU and start playing the kind of basketball he's capable of, especially as one of the team captains.

Let's talk about some more good stuff, though. In addition, to the game winning shot, Ron had 19/6/4, and he deflected the last chance in-bounds pass by IU, so we didn't have to sweat a last minute trey to tie, and Cliff Omoruyi was fantastic out there with 13/12 and 4 blocks! Geo had 13 also and played some nice D, while Caleb played great D as always with 2 more steals, but did get into foul trouble, although he did contribute 8/5. And we got some quality minutes from Mag and Hyatt, especially with Caleb out, although Hyatt has to take better care of the ball - but those FTs were huge. Reiber was incapable of covering Davis, though, so very few minutes (thought we might see Agee). And while we didn't start well, which may lie somewhat on the staff, Coach should get huge credit for going zone for extended periods, which was key to our 2nd half comeback. Well done.

That's another Q1 win and we're now in with 6 Q1 wins, including 2 on the road, as long as we beat PSU, like we should (please?) and I think we're probably in even if we lose to PSU, but win one in the B1G tourney, but let's not leave it to chance and let's just pummel PSU.

I didn’t read the game thread , but damn how dont RHJ and Caleb not switch that screen on the lash Indiana 3? You can’t give up a open three there and Ron was right in position there to deny the pass or at least highly do test that shot.

Reactions: RU23 and RU848789
I didn’t read the game thread , but damn how dont RHJ and Caleb not switch that screen on the lash Indiana 3? You can’t give up a open three there and Ron was right in position there to deny the pass or at least highly do test that shot.
Was so annoyed with that….for about 10 seconds lol. Happened twice in a row!

Reactions: Kbee3 and Shell21
Was so annoyed with that….for about 10 seconds lol. Happened twice in a row!
You have to switch everything when they need a three. Okay maybe not Cliff but everyone else certainly and probably even Cliff too

Yea that figures. Don’t worry, I didn’t think you’d have any class.

And no thanks. I’ll leave that up to your boyfriend.

Yea that figures. Don’t worry, I didn’t think you’d have any class.

And no thanks. I’ll leave that up to your boyfriend.
Figures you'd try to derail a thread with a stupid request that you weren't serious about anyway - you just like to troll my threads. And for the record, it's a direct quote of a song lyric and would look odd without the full quote. Plus, it may be your lord, but it's not mine, so you'll just have to suffer in your faux outrage. And the weak boyfriend crack is 5th grade quality - do better.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Actually it was. I’m sure if you posted Allah and someone made that request you’d have done so with apologies. The only person who derailed your shitty thread was you.

As I said it’s expected. You’re classless.

Actually it was. I’m sure if you posted Allah and someone made that request you’d have done so with apologies. The only person who derailed your shitty thread was you.

As I said it’s expected. You’re classless.
Nope, not my lord either. Seems like quite a good thread to me, except for your trolling.

Reactions: Kbee3
Numbers I swear to God I happened to listen to that song today. Hadn't heard it in years
Same here - and I was thinking about RU hoops as soon as I hard the opening riff, lol. Great song, too. But now you've done it and will also likely be scolded soon by our new religion czar...

Nope, not my lord either. Seems like quite a good thread to me, except for your trolling.
Your lord and savior is Fauci. Guess even your are rethinking that now lol. You’re a frisbee golf cargo wearing heathen. I didn’t expect you’d to do something someone asked you kindly to do. It’s the move of a classless person.

Blow me lol. #Trash

• Wow
Reactions: rutgersron
Your lord and savior is Fauci. Guess even your are rethinking that now lol. You’re a frisbee golf cargo wearing heathen. I didn’t expect you’d to do something someone asked you kindly to do. It’s the move of a classless person.

Blow me lol. #Trash
Keep digging the hole - it's almost over your head now. And I see you're now trying to derail the thread by invoking the c-word, but that won't work. Can't even put two sentences together without glaring errors, lol. What's your next move, putting me on report? And by the way, you neither asked nicely nor were sincere.

I dont have a problem with those shots, its exactly the guy you want taking those shots, he missed the first and made the 2nd and I will take my chances. Most importantly RU denied Jackson Davis shots the entire 2nd half and just one made fg

Reactions: Scangg and thegock
Not sure how please isn’t asking nicely. Nimbers is an ego maniac. Why I have no idea. I’m certainly not surprised by his responses.

Thinking he’s bitter about all of those failed posts that got locked or proven hilariously wrong.

I have the moron on IGNORE, yet I'm still enjoying all of the funny posts responding to his usual nonsense.

Yet still can't ignore me lol. At some point I am going to charge rent I'm so in your head. Unfortunately for you it will be more than you are paying for your one bedroom apartment right now.

the only thing ugly about the game was Indiana. We all look at the team expecting them to hit every shot and deny every shot the other team makes. We obviously won so we played better than them. Indiana has one of the best defenses in the country, so to beat them on the road is not an easy task. Go read the Indiana board, their fans are miserable.

You have to switch everything when they need a three. Okay maybe not Cliff but everyone else certainly and probably even Cliff too
On the first one Cliff was hedging to defend the paint. He was in no position to switch. On the second if harper left Race it would have been a layup and maybe a 3 point play. On both of those there were really bad moving screens which is why the shots were as open as they were. There were still 12.5 seconds left even on the second one so at that point indiana did not need a 3.

On the first one Cliff was hedging to defend the paint. He was in no position to switch. On the second if harper left Race it would have been a layup and maybe a 3 point play. On both of those there were really bad moving screens which is why the shots were as open as they were. There were still 12.5 seconds left even on the second one so at that point indiana did not need a 3.
The illegal screens on both the miss and the make were brutal.

One thing I forgot to mention in my summary is that I thought this was a fairly officiated gamen. Not perfect - that's impossible, but fairly, in that I didn't think there were significantly more egregious bad/missed foul calls for one side than the other. Was 16 fouls on IU to 14 on RU and we got 16 FTs to their 14 and as I mentioned above, the flagrant 2 was correct as was the no flagrant earlier on Johnson.

Reactions: G- RUnit
the only thing ugly about the game was Indiana. We all look at the team expecting them to hit every shot and deny every shot the other team makes. We obviously won so we played better than them. Indiana has one of the best defenses in the country, so to beat them on the road is not an easy task. Go read the Indiana board, their fans are miserable.
They can't stand us. They still can't believe that they lose to us, but it has been a regular thing now. Clown pants walk of shame!

wow, did not realize it was that bad for them!
Someone on their board also posted that they going on almost a decade not being in the NCAA tournament. That's crazy for their program, but sometimes the new norm is the new norm.

The Ballad of John and Yoko lyrics (Beatles song) seem appropriate after this game, although the Clint Eastwood film, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly also comes to mind, lol, as it featured that incredible comeback, a horrible first half, but with that clutch trey by Geo to cut the lead from 10 to 7 at the buzzer, and of course Paul's ugly play. Nothing ever comes easy for this team, but what a gritty, gut-check comeback to win after being down 6-10 much of the game and cutting it from 52-45 with 9 minutes left to a 52-52 tie with 5:30 left - based on zone defense of all things. Didn't see that coming, but it worked. And we hit just enough timely shots to win, with most of them being by Ron Harper Jr., including the game winner of course, although those 4 FTs by Cliff and 2 by Hyatt, down the stretch were just money.

What a crazy game and we have to talk about Mulcahy's horrible performance and gaffe. He picked a very bad time for his worst game of the year with just 5 points, but he also had 5 TOs to just 3 assists and, of course, the dumbest play of the season, getting a flagrant 2 foul (deserved) for swinging and making contact with the head of the defender who had just fouled him hard, but fair (it's what is done with 19 seconds left and the season on the line for both teams). And this was after his continued whining all game to the refs, including acting to try to get a flagrant on the same guy earlier in the 2nd half (it wasn't a flagrant). He needs to STFU and start playing the kind of basketball he's capable of, especially as one of the team captains.

Let's talk about some more good stuff, though. In addition, to the game winning shot, Ron had 19/6/4, and he deflected the last chance in-bounds pass by IU, so we didn't have to sweat a last minute trey to tie, and Cliff Omoruyi was fantastic out there with 13/12 and 4 blocks! Geo had 13 also and played some nice D, while Caleb played great D as always with 2 more steals, but did get into foul trouble, although he did contribute 8/5. And we got some quality minutes from Mag and Hyatt, especially with Caleb out, although Hyatt has to take better care of the ball - but those FTs were huge. Reiber was incapable of covering Davis, though, so very few minutes (thought we might see Agee). And while we didn't start well, which may lie somewhat on the staff, Coach should get huge credit for going zone for extended periods, which was key to our 2nd half comeback. Well done.

That's another Q1 win and we're now in with 6 Q1 wins, including 2 on the road, as long as we beat PSU, like we should (please?) and I think we're probably in even if we lose to PSU, but win one in the B1G tourney, but let's not leave it to chance and let's just pummel PSU.
All these teams are loaded up with great D-1 talent, including PSU, Nebraska and Northwestern

Reactions: Scangg
Someone on their board also posted that they going on almost a decade not being in the NCAA tournament. That's crazy for their program, but sometimes the new norm is the new norm.
7 years I heard, hard to believe with that kid they have underneath

7 years I heard, hard to believe with that kid they have underneath
Definitely. They also posted about two 5 stars sitting on the bench during crunch time not being trusted enough to play. That was a crazy thing too.

How can anybody read that Douche bag Cali posts.
I have had him on my Ignorant list for a long time.
I just find it very strange to he would resort to that type of trolling after such an important and great win on the road over one of the league's traditional blue bloods (although we are changing that narrative to give them blue balls against us). We're all Rutgers fans that want the best for our teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT