ADVERTISEMENT

CKLV preseeds: Ashnault, Theobold, Perrotti, Smith

Green beats Perrotti 11-6. This was a good match for Anthony, but Green just better on feet. two takedowns was the real difference.
Perrotti had a good first 2:30 minutes down only by a point 2-1. But he gave up a takedown with 10 secs left on classic burroughs/green double leg freight train style
2nd period perrotti reversed, then reveres green. Later green reverses! So green up 8-4 at end of 2nd
Green on top in 3rd period lets perrotti up, gets a takedown and riding point in third. so it ends 11-5.
Perrotti was aggressive, didnt gas and didnt give green too much respect.
This should build his confidence against top ranked guys.
Overall i like this match, green was just better.

Keep NJ guys home (like Green and Burroughs!!)

Perrotti lost to Green 11-6. Green had 3 TDs, 2 reversals & RT point. Perrotti got a reversal & 4 escapes. He wrestled tough.

I expected both Ashnault's & Perrotti's results. Both will grow from this & face their opponents 1-3 more times. The key is getting stronger & more aggressive on their feet against the elite. Both have a good shot to AA this year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 12/6 2:06 PM by Leonard23

damn it. i bought the flo subscription today just to watch them wrestle and they both go down. thought they'd lose, but sucks to see it happen.

did we have any shot at green coming to rutgers?

Originally posted by josh1728:
Green beats Perrotti 11-6. This was a good match for Anthony, but Green just better on feet. two takedowns was the real difference.
Perrotti had a good first 2:30 minutes down only by a point 2-1. But he gave up a takedown with 10 secs left on classic burroughs/green double leg freight train style
2nd period perrotti reversed, then reveres green. Later green reverses! So green up 8-4 at end of 2nd
Green on top in 3rd period lets perrotti up, gets a takedown and riding point in third. so it ends 11-5.
Perrotti was aggressive, didnt gas and didnt give green too much respect.
This should build his confidence against top ranked guys.
Overall i like this match, green was just better.

Keep NJ guys home (like Green and Burroughs!!)
I thought the same thing when in the next match I saw Taylor Walsh pin a returning All American. Kid is a pinning machine.

141: #5 Anthony Ashnault will face Geo Martinez (Boise State) in the consolation semifinals. Mat TBA
157: #3 Anthony Perrotti will take on Steven Hernandez (Boise State) in the consolation semifinals. Mat TBA.

as good of a pinner walsh is, it's surprising that he's not an all american yet.

Gritty match from Ashnault. 10-8 over Maartinez,who looked pretty good himself. Got in on Anthony several times and gave Ash a nice little scare.

Wasn't sure if he was going to pull it out, but he has an uncanny ability to score when he needs to.

Perrotti gets Med Def versus Steve Hernandez and will also wrestle for 3rd place.

damn it, I missed AA's match! i bought the subscription only to miss some good matches... sh*t!

perrotti got a med default, so he's advanced to the consolation finals.

For 3rd place tonight (6pm EST)
141: Ashnault meets Dardanes (Minn) & 157: Perrotti meets Staudenmeyer (Brown)

Ashnault lost 6-3 to Dardanes...good showing finishing 4th in a very tough field!!

Ashnault loses to Dardanes for 4th, but was every bit his equal. 4-3 match. each had a take down, but dardanes had two escapes.
I think that Dardanes style of simply shoving forward without any shots or offensive moves was correctly NOT called as stalling on Ashnault by the refs.

Perrotti wins 3-1 with about 4min riding and made no mistakes. just rode him forever. nice mature match Ant!!

Perrotti beat Justin Staudenmayer of Brown. Justin is from Plymouth Whitemarsh, which is Conshohocken+Plymouth Meeting's area high school. He was 2011 PA State champ at 171 lbs. So no slouch.

Originally posted by josh1728:
Perrotti beat Justin Staudenmayer of Brown. Justin is from Plymouth Whitemarsh, which is Conshohocken+Plymouth Meeting's area high school. He was 2011 PA State champ at 171 lbs. So no slouch.
Josh, you are thinking of John Michael Staudenmayer, the older brother of Justin. John Michael is the starter at UNC and was a state champ in 2011, Justin did not win states in PA.

Scarlet Grapfan you are right. Justin is John's younger bro. Justin was a placewinner at states but hi older bro John won it. good catch.
-j

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT