ADVERTISEMENT

...College is going to be something scary. I don’t think anyone wants to see us. I’m going to put it out now.”

He was answering a specific question from a reporter (paraphrasing): “Lots of Rutgers fans watching tonight. What was it like playing with your future teammate, Ace Bailey, and having the chance to build some chemistry on the court?”

I think Dylan showed more than just confidence. He showed class too. His last line was, “It’s all about family.”
Family is great… after you win a title then you can boast and brag … tout your “ scary good team. Just a tad of humility something lacking all around.

NC State shows you how bad a team can be when they lack motivation and how good they can be when they have it.

Whatever these guys say in April is fine, as long as they don't give their opponents extra motivation during the season.

I don’t have a problem with the confidence.

But am I the only one who finds it a bit ironic that Dylan said that immediately after a team including him and Ace just lost to a team of HS players who had never played together before?
By the same token, they were also on a team of HS players who had never played together before.

• Love
Reactions: runrutgersrun
It’s not

The confidence boasting is fine . The belief that you and your team will or can be exceptional is fine. The words are meaningless until you play the season out. Rutgers hasn’t won anything of merit on the court( not individual games) just yet. We all hope and look forward to the days where we are finally a championship program. I’m betting mom n dad n brother Ron will remind Dylan of that “ keep it grounded.” That has always been good advice in sports.

Is that the same Ron who had a “Hoosier Daddy” NIL shirt on the market less than 24 hours after the game winning 3?

Reactions: runrutgersrun
This message board is miserable about everything lol wow
We’re gonna have him for one season…he’s excited to be here…you should be too..just enjoy the ride as a fan of the program and a fan of basketball!!!!! Make the best of it guys

When was the last time Rutgers won a title or played in a championship game MBB? Great that the youngster is here… talented and confident . Just believe in doing it first not on a high school court but a college court. They’ll be challenged by those less talented teams next season . I’lll leave it at that.

This message board is miserable about everything lol wow
We’re gonna have him for one season…he’s excited to be here…you should be too..just enjoy the ride as a fan of the program and a fan of basketball!!!!! Make the best of it guys

lol. Welcome!

Swag
About time we got our swagger back. We had it with Geo, Caleb and Ron. Been MIA the last 2 years.
You call 2 years of decent basketball at Rutgers a period of swagger? How long have you been an Rutgers sports fan? You don’t get swagger with only 2 appearances in 30 + years of the NCAA tournament. That is why other programs shake their heads when they hear this. Dylan , Ace and the rest will have pressure to win every game. Now after a 2 or 3 game losing streak let’s see how Pikiell and team reacts… that’ll determine swagger.

Last edited:
Reactions: dconifer
BTW: as much fun and excitement that those guys brought ….MULCAHY , OMORUYI, HARPER, MCCONNELL , BAKER etc. we were stopped never getting over the hump. I hope since we only will have them for a year we at least get to the final 4…..should be easy .

Swag
About time we got our swagger back. We had it with Geo, Caleb and Ron. Been MIA the last 2 years.
Pretty sure if Ace and Dylan go for 40+ a night by themselves, we’re gonna win a lot more games than we lose.
40 + a night between them is asking a lot even for these two future All Americans . There will be serious talent on those other teams… you do realize that I hope…. You sound like my 8 year old granddaughter at one of her games…love the exuberance but keep it real.

BTW: as much fun and excitement that those guys brought ….MULCAHY , OMORUYI, HARPER, MCCONNELL , BAKER etc. we were stopped never getting over the hump. I hope since we only will have them for a year we at least get to the final 4…..should be easy .
Yeah, should be easy 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: RUDiddy777
He and Ron are almost identical twins in their personalities. Props to Maria for raising them with good values, class and confidence. He and Ace will be easy to root for

We have not had a player like this (and we have two) who thought and talked like this …well Phil sellers

And we know how it turned out

Yes , you have to talk the talk to walk the walk

I’ll take my chances …and yes, there will be bumps

This board will have a meltdown on February 8 when we look flat in a 15 point loss road somewhere

But I’ll take my chances on the bounce back and Steve having this team ready to roll the last quarter od the big ten schedule into the big ten tourney and the ncaa

Enjoy the ride guys …..

Reactions: Kbee3 and shields
Dylan and Ace aren’t simply special players because they are extremely talented basketball players. They come with the confidence that they can lead Rutgers to a very special year knowing that if they went to Duke the team would do well but everyone expects that team to do well with or without them.

Coming to Rutgers there is expectation that the team will do well but it is because of them. I like Dylan’s swagger because I think he can back it up and also because you can tell he puts in the hard work to back it up.

Confidence is important in any profession. I like it. We just need to find some vets in the portal to balance it all out.

also, it’s not like he talked shit about anyone else. Just confidence. It’s been on the decline here since Geo and his brother left.

Reactions: cm_13
Both Harper and Bailey are fantastic athletes and are and will be great players but they are about to enter a whole different world and will see defenses that they have never seen before, executed by great players and designed by great coachesthat are also have multiple years of experience in the Big 10. They will figure it out but there will be a learning curve, they as well as the fans need to show patience and understanding.

If we make the Great 8 be happy… anything more is icing on h th e cake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT