ADVERTISEMENT

Concessions Complaint - The Worst I Have Ever Seen

I get the whole volunteer thing...but I have to agree that our concessions are a disaster

I brought a guest to today's game and he missed 10 minutes of the game (that's 10 game minutes...not total minutes)...for a couple of basic items

That's just unacceptable

The RAC is out dated and the concession operation including the layout needs serious upgrades .Long suffering fans can't even get a warm hot dog.

You Sir sound like a professional who loves to bitch. Why not take action and report it to someone at RU who can do something about it and then follow up with them ?

I know, it's more fun for you to continuously whine and complain behind an anonymous screen name on a free message board. Very impressive resume you got going there.

You are a f*cking idiot.

The concessions were not like this in the early 2000. I remember seeing food done and put in the metel trays ready to be picked up by people. It seems that past few years they are cooking to order or just to damn slow.

there are people who work in the athletic department...like interns, they hand schedules out after the game...where are they to direct lines at concession stands, there are always suppose to be 4 free moving lines on the side concessions, if you want a coach or pretzel you grab and pay and bypass those waiting for items to be cooked..what is going on...and we all know that the department reads these boards so why isn't anyone responding to our inquiries...are they overwhelmed because we changed ADs and now they might have to spread their resonsibiities out until Hobbs gets the lay of the land?

I was at the away Army football game and the cadets serviced the customers like they were on a mission.... They did not want people to wait at all and really kept the orders coming fast.....

Reactions: RocktheRac
I will chime in just to log my agreement. I am a season ticket holder, and the concessions are absolutely awful. I refuse to eat anything from there at this point. The only thing I will purchase is a pretzel if I don't have time to eat before the game.

Unfortunately, the concessions match the general quality of the product on the court, so not sure we should expect a change any time soon. The RAC is like the land that time forgot. I am waiting for the Langoliers to start eating the place one day. Maybe gnaw of a corner of the building, one of van macon's legs, etc.

Is this the Disney experience Julie talked about bringing to RU ?

""What I can promise you, one of the things we're working on most, is when you come see us at ball games, you have a world-class, Disney World experience," Hermann said. "That's important to us."

Obviously this was the single reason she was fired. Of course it works both ways. If Hobbs doesn't fix the concession problem he should be thrown out on his ass.

Reactions: Local Shill
Is this the Disney experience Julie talked about bringing to RU ?

""What I can promise you, one of the things we're working on most, is when you come see us at ball games, you have a world-class, Disney World experience," Hermann said. "That's important to us."

shes not here anymore and actually the biggest complaints have come in the past month

shes not here anymore and actually the biggest complaints have come in the past month

bac,

Why do you think Julie was fired ? Very interested to read your take on this.

If you're interested I'll be happy to offer my reasons in response.

bac,

Why do you think Julie was fired ? Very interested to read your take on this.

If you're interested I'll be happy to offer my reasons in response.
Why don't you give the reason you think she was fired and ask BAC to respond to that with his reason.
Maybe you both might be on the same page.

I think her gaffs and outside pressure caused her fall and the football players troubles were blamed on her for not making sure Flood had a handle on how his players acted and what they were doing outside of football related activities. Julie was blamed for Flood's players being given to free of a hand by him and not supervising the way Flood was running the program properly.

Just like Pernetti had to go because of the Rice fiasco, Julie had to go because of Flood and to get the media off RU's butt.
Her gaffs and feud with the Star Ledger made Rutgers a target for the media.
Barchi needed to end that and the only way was get rid of Hermann , because the Star Ledger wasn't going anywhere other media outlets were publishing what the Ledger was writing about RU and most of those articles weren't friendly

I've worked in the restaurant industry on and off for 25 years. It boggles my mind how poorly run our concessions are. I think even by accident they should be able to do a better job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT