ADVERTISEMENT

Confidence

BillyC80

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Excited by what I’m seeing, hearing and reading about our team this year, and I get the distinct impression that our guys are coming into the season at a very high confidence level.

Like most on these boards, I’ve been around sports my entire life, and one quality I’ve seen that can take a player and a team from good to great is confidence.

Can’t wait to see it in action.

Excited by what I’m seeing, hearing and reading about our team this year, and I get the distinct impression that our guys are coming into the season at a very high confidence level.

Like most on these boards, I’ve been around sports my entire life, and one quality I’ve seen that can take a player and a team from good to great is confidence.

Can’t wait to see it in action.

I agree 1000%. I am so sick and tired of people crapping all over Rutgers basketball.(even if it has been warranted forever)

I hope our players have much confidence this year in their ability and we start to excel as a team. But, when we start to have much success, I want our players to have confidence but not become cocky and think we have achieved something until we actually reach the NCAA tournament.(and even then to keep an even keel and keep improving while our fanbase is going crazy....)

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: BillyC80
Something that Pike said in his media day comments really struck a chord with me. He said (paraphrasing), “the team is really good this year, but don’t tell them, because I want them to work hard on defense and rebounding.”

This was a telling comment for 2 reasons. First, we know Pike stresses defense, and our guys know they have to earn playing time with their D, which is awesome.

And second, for Pike to say we’re a good team is an insight into his thinking and his true feelings of confidence about our outlook this year. You know it’s for real, because Pike is not a bullshitter, and if he’s confident and our players are too, then we’re looking at one heck of a fun season ahead.

Something that Pike said in his media day comments really struck a chord with me. He said (paraphrasing), “the team is really good this year, but don’t tell them, because I want them to work hard on defense and rebounding.”

This was a telling comment for 2 reasons. First, we know Pike stresses defense, and our guys know they have to earn playing time with their D, which is awesome.

And second, for Pike to say we’re a good team is an insight into his thinking and his true feelings of confidence about our outlook this year. You know it’s for real, because Pike is not a bullshitter, and if he’s confident and our players are too, then we’re looking at one heck of a fun season ahead.

we might have to be like Iowa this year. Win with offense and average defense

Reactions: Scangg and BillyC80
I’ll take it!

Note: Iowa finished 23-12 (10-10 in conference) with a win in the NCAA tourney and an OT loss in the second round. Where do I sign up for that kind of excitement (especially after what we’ve been through)?
Plus if not for some serendipity at the end of game #1, we would of beaten Iowa twice last season (a 23 win team!!).

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT