ADVERTISEMENT

Curious from today

ru-baby

All American
Aug 11, 2001
In reverse order:

Last time having the ball with approximately two minutes left. Why in the world when you let Wimsatt run a two minute drill to work on it, potentially gain confidence and and the game feeling good.

Fourth and two and you designed a law play to the shortest receiver? And a throw is made into a triple coverage lobbed up to the smallest receiver?

Many of us have been calling out for strong near the goal line for the fade/jump ball. Multiple positions in the first half. It would’ve helped to have that option. They finally tried it, and they almost came down with one why this wasn’t done until deep in the second half or in prior games is a mystery

Excellent game today. If the linebacker doesn’t take an awful angle on that, dumped down to Henderson, the game could’ve had a different component, as well as the freak interception.

Was there another option on that 4th and 2 pass? ( I can't tell on TV). The receiver was so well-covered that a completion would have been a miracle. Does Wimsatt never look to another receiver? Does he never think about scrambling in that situation? I thought our team (and Wimsatt) played well today, but there were key plays on which we could have done better.

On the Harrison completion: yes, the linebacker didn't take a good angle, but I don't think he expected Harrison to be that fast and to be able to make those sharp cuts.

Was there another option on that 4th and 2 pass? ( I can't tell on TV). The receiver was so well-covered that a completion would have been a miracle. Does Wimsatt never look to another receiver? Does he never think about scrambling in that situation? I thought our team (and Wimsatt) played well today, but there were key plays on which we could have done better.

On the Harrison completion: yes, the linebacker didn't take a good angle, but I don't think he expected Harrison to be that fast and to be able to make those sharp cuts.
Well what I have noticed is wimsatt plays to the primary call and other options are just not considered. I even believe the RPO plays where he keeps the ball are designed plays and not him making decisions.

First its a bad play, call on fourth and two, considering our running strength. Second, when a quarterback, sees triple coverage and a small receiver, the option is to run I will look for someone else rather than lava hit up into three people.

As for the back up linebacker, that’s just a hard one, because if we had pal, the play likely get stopped.

Well what I have noticed is wimsatt plays to the primary call and other options are just not considered. I even believe the RPO plays where he keeps the ball are designed plays and not him making decisions.
Thanks. At the risk of being Captain Obvious, this is not a winning strategy. A QB has to be able to make good decisions for an offense to be effective. We have no way of knowing whether Wimsatt will ever have that ability. The call wasn't a bad call -- after all, we need to score quickly-- as long as Wimsatt knows he should do something else if the receiver is clearly covered.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Worse, why the fair catch on the kickoff with a minute left. Why not give the returner a chance to make a nice play for once.

Reactions: ru-baby
Newsflash: they don’t do RPO. Those are all predetermined .

Reactions: Jimpeg
Nope had it all the way in and made a read and took it out. Was not a fake handoff. Knowing whats occurring makes viewing less frustrating.

In reverse order:

Last time having the ball with approximately two minutes left. Why in the world when you let Wimsatt run a two minute drill to work on it, potentially gain confidence and and the game feeling good.

Fourth and two and you designed a law play to the shortest receiver? And a throw is made into a triple coverage lobbed up to the smallest receiver?

Exactly - even announcers questioned that play.
Why cant Mongo catch a ball?
He's averaging 6.6 a carry and trampling Ohio defenders and he cant be thrown a 3 yd pass near goal
I like Dremel but he's not Wes Welker

Again, understanding what you’re watching causes less frustration, and, of course, less of the speculation like ever single play is predetermined.

Add in the two RU players not blocking the one Ohio State player on the Monangai long run, and GW missing the wide open WR in the first quarter. Two TD's missed.
that was Washington not blocking. I bet if that was dremel he blocks that guy and we get more yardage.

It seems that whenever we get a long gain whether by the offense or a defensive pick and get tackled in the red zone, we almost every time don’t get a TD. Not only this year, but in the past. It’s like another RU curse. That’s why a block to allow Kyle to score was important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT