ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul

I think Eddie's last team is the lowest rated power conference school ever on KenPom. Depaul might take that honor from us.

Edit: Utah in their first year in the Pac 12 was worse, as was last year's Louisville.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I think Eddie's last team is the lowest rated power conference school ever on KenPom. Depaul might take that honor from us.

Edit: Utah in their first year in the Pac 12 was worse, as was last year's Louisville.
Last year's Louisville team would beat this DePaul team by 30.

They fired Stubblefield the other day. Guess it didn't help much tonight

De Paul should not be in Big East period

Drop to Atlantic 10. I think CUSA or AAC is not appropriate for them

Perhaps should drop as low as Mossouri Valley
A-10 is right / on par for Depaul.

BE can easily replace Depaul with VCU and/or Dayton.

Heard rumors about VCU possibly moving to AAC (BB only) from A-10.

Watching DePaul become irrelevant in college basketball is something I thought I'd never see. Growing up, Ray Meyer's club was on TV almost weekly, before cable when TV games were something every program longed for.

Meyer's final seven seasons before he retired. DePaul basketball was must-watch TV for college hoops junkies.

Last edited:
De Paul should not be in Big East period

Drop to Atlantic 10. I think CUSA or AAC is not appropriate for them

Perhaps should drop as low as Mossouri Valley
I hesitate to say stuff like this. People said Rutgers didn't belong in the Big Ten. It just takes the University getting organized and making a good hire. They were top 75 all three years in the Leitao 1.0 era.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
They mention the Big east and the good teams and don't mention gimmie win at bottom of conference. Michigan is bad but for example beat the Johnnies

I hesitate to say stuff like this. People said Rutgers didn't belong in the Big Ten. It just takes the University getting organized and making a good hire. They were top 75 all three years in the Leitao 1.0 era.
not even a comparison given RU always had more resources to pull from but chose not to spend on hoops

De Paul has not been to a legit post season and no CBI in 2019 doesnt count since a NIT bid in 2007

They have not been to the NCAA tourney since 2004.

This will be the 7th year in the last 17 that they failed to reach double digit victories.

they were flat out horrific in Leitios 4 of 6 seasons winning 9 games 2x and 5 in the shortened 19 game season during covid

their last 3 hires before they hired an unqualified Stubblefied are just retread has beens...Wainwright, Purnell, Leitio

this is by far the LEAST attractive job of the Power 6

how many fans were in the stands last night in a cavernous arena.

Ru certainly struggled for 25 plus years but it was across the board awful and hopeless as it is at De Paul

De Paul made it from the Great Midwest when they were still relevant as the Big East needed teams to satisfy hoops. Their reputation from the early 80s is long gone. Schools dont have to still be relevant because they once were....look at Fordham, they dont belong in the A10 but still trying to somehow be relevant in a world that passed them by. Duquense and St Bonnies use to have strong programs in the 60s and 70s but especially the former have seen their place diminish.

DePaul has a NET of 311. That's utterly disgraceful for a so called high major team. They're behind perennial powerhouses Elon and Sacramento State in NET.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
not even a comparison given RU always had more resources to pull from but chose not to spend on hoops

De Paul has not been to a legit post season and no CBI in 2019 doesnt count since a NIT bid in 2007

They have not been to the NCAA tourney since 2004.

This will be the 7th year in the last 17 that they failed to reach double digit victories.

they were flat out horrific in Leitios 4 of 6 seasons winning 9 games 2x and 5 in the shortened 19 game season during covid

their last 3 hires before they hired an unqualified Stubblefied are just retread has beens...Wainwright, Purnell, Leitio

this is by far the LEAST attractive job of the Power 6

how many fans were in the stands last night in a cavernous arena.

Ru certainly struggled for 25 plus years but it was across the board awful and hopeless as it is at De Paul

De Paul made it from the Great Midwest when they were still relevant as the Big East needed teams to satisfy hoops. Their reputation from the early 80s is long gone. Schools dont have to still be relevant because they once were....look at Fordham, they dont belong in the A10 but still trying to somehow be relevant in a world that passed them by. Duquense and St Bonnies use to have strong programs in the 60s and 70s but especially the former have seen their place diminish.
So so so much of this was said about Rutgers. Hadn't been to the NIT since 2006, the tournament since 1992.

From 2006 through 2018, DePaul went 45-179 in Big East conference play. Rutgers went 50-180 in BE/AAC/B10 play.

I'm certain you can find articles within the past decade calling Rutgers the worst P6 job.

Reactions: Scangg
As a SHU fan, I actually fell asleep during the second half of the game because DePaul was so inept. Sad to see a program in such disarray.

• Haha
Reactions: shields and Scangg
So so so much of this was said about Rutgers. Hadn't been to the NIT since 2006, the tournament since 1992.

From 2006 through 2018, DePaul went 45-179 in Big East conference play. Rutgers went 50-180 in BE/AAC/B10 play.

I'm certain you can find articles within the past decade calling Rutgers the worst P6 job.
yeah rutgers was on the list for the Big 10 so.....

Worse. Littlepage was bad but in his worst season he won seven games, and his teams never looked as in disarray as this DePaul team. They won't win another game.
What i remembered about the Littlepage tenure was that some fans wore paper bags over their heads.

Quite a few good players during that time but Aguirre was the best.
Terry Cummings, Dave Corzine, Tyron Corbin to name a few
A couple of damn good NJ guards too. Clyde Bradshaw (East Orange) and Jerry McMillan (Barringer)

Reactions: colbert17
What i remembered about the Littlepage tenure was that some fans wore paper bags over their heads.
I remember no one on the team could dunk. No one!! And this was not the no dunks allowed era....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT