ADVERTISEMENT

Did Caroo just break Kenny Britts record?

Didn't Britt get in trouble after RU, and mostly minor things? He gets a bad rap here mostly because we were a supposedly clean program at the time he was in the news. In retrospect Britt is practically an angel compared to the current team.

Also, the armed robberies, assault and now the Carroo stories are college related, Britt's weren't IIRC. If we are counting body of work, Britt's minor incidents in aggregate in no way approach Rice's incident, hence why one is playing in the league and the other couldn't get a camp tryout.

Reactions: thegock
You know what, your 100% correct. Britt looks like his stay on the Banks was choir boy like. This might have had something to do with Greg,ya think?

Schiano was like the strict, demanding father. Flood is the friendly uncle who hands out candy and money when he visits.

Reactions: RU5781
You know what, your 100% correct. Britt looks like his stay on the Banks was choir boy like. This might have had something to do with Greg,ya think?

Have to agree. -Players knew they had to toe the line at RU when Schiano was here...or else.

Clearly, that kind of coaching style didn't work too well with players at the professional level, and just as obviously, there've been former RU players who've had their issues. But the really serious incidents happened after they left the disciplined structure they were made to live within under GS at Rutgers.

In the NFL, Schiano's way of micromanaging everything probably would never really have cut it. But with college players? Maybe his type of "my way or the highway" attitude is about the only thing that works effectively with guys who might chronologically and legally be considered adults, but who still have a lot of emotional growing up to do.

Didn't Britt get in trouble after RU, and mostly minor things? He gets a bad rap here mostly because we were a supposedly clean program at the time he was in the news. In retrospect Britt is practically an angel compared to the current team.

Also, the armed robberies, assault and now the Carroo stories are college related, Britt's weren't IIRC. If we are counting body of work, Britt's minor incidents in aggregate in no way approach Rice's incident, hence why one is playing in the league and the other couldn't get a camp tryout.
Didn't Britt serve some sort of suspension at RU too? I seem to recall he was punished for "violation of team rules" around the same time of Anthony Davis. Don't remember the particulars.

Weren't they suspended for a game against my favorite institution of higher learning,Morgan State?

Didn't Britt serve some sort of suspension at RU too? I seem to recall he was punished for "violation of team rules" around the same time of Anthony Davis. Don't remember the particulars.

smoking weed. At least he bought his. Maybe our current roster would Chill a bit more if they were stoned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT