ADVERTISEMENT

Greg 2.0 now 2-16 in November and Maryland now owns us

RU#1fan

Hall of Famer
Mar 7, 2003
Same old excuses … Greg’s teams not prepared for games in November. Since his return the record is 2-16 and most of the games have been blowouts. Locksley at Maryland has been coaching circles around him. Maryland had won the last 4 out of 5 games against Rutgers and the margin of victories have been 20+ . Can it get any worse…..

But he says we’re a developmental program so all is good. As if Maryland isn’t a developmental program also and they just ate his lunch again.

Same old excuses … Greg’s teams not prepared for games in November. Since his return the record is 2-16 and most of the games have been blowouts. Locksley at Maryland has been coaching circles around him. Maryland had won the last 4 out of 5 games against Rutgers and the margin of victories have been 20+ . Can it get any worse ?? The stubbornness on his Offense strategy is beyond perplexing and his insistence of exclusively playing a real bad P5 QB ( last in all FBS ratings) is concerning.

RU does better than it should vs MSU and worse vs Terps
Its like old USF vs Cincy or WV
RU played a back-loaded schedule and that seems to happen most years
RU is in a punishing conference.

For the record Greg has been a very good bowl coach
He attributes that to being able to coach longer without all the recruiting distractions.
Greg says that "If you want to be the best coach you can, then go to NFL because in season, college recruiting limits what you can do."

Same old excuses … Greg’s teams not prepared for games in November. Since his return the record is 2-16 and most of the games have been blowouts. Locksley at Maryland has been coaching circles around him. Maryland had won the last 4 out of 5 games against Rutgers and the margin of victories have been 20+ . Can it get any worse…..
I think it’s 2-15 ..,, check your math

I could be wrong

I was curious what people here think would be the result if Rutgers and Maryland switched quarterbacks.

Watching Michigan and Ohio I was wondering what Ohio QB would do at RU and Wimsatt at Ohio
The Ohio QB isn't really good but he's got monster OL and Harrison Jr saving his bacon.
Some WRs fly like Jordan

Reactions: winfield102
I was curious what people here think would be the result if Rutgers and Maryland switched quarterbacks.
Good point.
Based on QB ability alone Rutgers wins this game with TT. Put Gavin on Maryland and he is still near the bottom of QB rankings { current Rating is #103 out 105). Can’t teach accuracy or poor decision making after 24 starts.

Watching Michigan and Ohio I was wondering what Ohio QB would do at RU and Wimsatt at Ohio
The Ohio QB isn't really good but he's got monster OL and Harrison Jr saving his bacon.
Some WRs fly like Jordan
Well the Ohio state quarterback’s dad played here and his mom is an alum . He grew up a rutgers fan and wanted nothing to do with Rutgers

We don't have enough good players and by the time you get to November you are often relying on some 2nd and 3rd string players at key positions. I don't know why in year 4 this is still an issue, but it is.

Reactions: ashokan
I think it’s 2-15 ..,, check your math

I could be wrong
Nope
2020- 1-4
2021 1-4
2022 0-4
2023 0-4

Really does it really matter? You can add he has beaten one winning team in 4 years . That was game #1 this year ..if we play Northwestern right now they beat us easily. If VT wins their Bowl game then that’s 2 wins in 4 years.

Nope
2020- 1-4
2021 1-4
2022 0-4
2023 0-4

Really does it really matter? You can add he has beaten one winning team in 4 years . That was game #1 this year ..if we play Northwestern right now they beat us easily. If VT wins their Bowl game then that’s 2 wins in 4 years.
Yes . Accuracy matters
Check your math on 2020 November

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Nope
2020- 1-4
2021 1-4
2022 0-4
2023 0-4

Look at GS in his first go round and you have similar end of season results. However he is very respectable in bowl games with more time to prepare

Reactions: JRZEER
Hard to argue
I’m a GS critic, but it’s not fair to say the team regressed. The competition got a lot better. And NW and MSU had new HCs following scandals. And the futile offense drained the defense as the season dragged on. The team didn’t regress.

Reactions: RUfromNJ
Maybe he can call Coach Prime.

Though won't Coach Prime be busy with bowl prep given how exciting Colorado is?

Oh...

yah, probably won’t help game day coaching wise…the advice coach prime could give him is how to wake up a stagnant program.

Yes . Accuracy matters
Check your math on 2020 November
What are you talking about?
November 2020:
Lost to Indiana on 10/31
Lost to OSU
Lost to Illinois
Lost to Michigan
Beat Purdue
Call it 1-4
WTF is the difference? When Mike Locksley can outcoach you and own you your Program’s HC has problems.

And the excuse that we just don’t have the depth yet.

Don’t have the depth to not get blown out by freaking Maryland??? In year 4??? Tiring…

Reactions: RU#1fan
And the bowl talk in the press conference is ridiculous. Hey GS you just got blown out by Maryland who supposed to be our equal and we are on a four game losing streak. Boy this guy can really spin it.

Reactions: RUforlife
And the bowl talk in the press conference is ridiculous. Hey GS you just got blown out by Maryland who supposed to be our equal and we are on a four game losing streak. Boy this guy can really spin it.
Spin master is his forte. Game day Coaching and preparation is certainly not.

Reactions: RUforlife
LOL all these threads designed to get the Schiano apologists on the warpath. Sad fact, the next season a Schiano led team maximizes, will be the first. There has always been inexcusable loses with a lot to play for and/or the late season swoon. For his part Coach Schiano always has a ready made excuse.

As nice as 1.O was, we should have made a BCS game, like UCONN did. No it is always something, like the players have tests, were banged up, or some other convenient excuse. The lack of effort consistently, is what annoys me the most.

I’m afraid that Little Tua would struggle in this offense. Hell, I wouldn’t know if he would get the same chance Sheppard would get.

He got happy after Rutgers got the sixth win that he got complacent after the Ohio State game and was satisfied with 6 instead of trying for 8 or even 7 wins.

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT