ADVERTISEMENT

Did Fran Brown Learn Anything From Schiano? 🤷‍♂️

-RUFAN4LIFE-

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2015
Since mid June, Sewercuse has lost 6 commits between the 2025 & 2026 classes with half of them being 4* per the TOS composite.

At least one was academically at risk and two FL commits apparently never had serious intention of staying committed to Sewercuse when Fran took their verbal pledge.

Here are some interesting comments, one from the local rag and another from a poster on their boards.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefoot...florida-its-gonna-be-real-hard-to-decide.html

"Williams wasn’t sure recruiting attention would ever come. He jumped at his first offer and committed to Louisville in November. He decommitted after Ole Miss offered in December. Syracuse followed with an offer, and Williams committed to the Orangemen in April.

He remains committed to Syracuse, but that’s not likely his landing place. He would like to stay in Florida. Last year he wasn’t sure he was going to get any offers from the Florida schools. He now has a scholarship offer from every Football Bowl Subdivision school in Florida, with the exception of FIU. He’s currently intrigued by Miami and Florida."

https://syracusefan.com/threads/cb-...lipped-to-florida-7-31-24.181405/post-5072188

"Some interesting info for you on Demetrius. As I said before, I live in the same area of Florida as Demetrius. A friend who is a local high school coach asked Demetrius about committing to Cuse. Demetrius shrugged it off and said (paraphrase) “It’s early yet. I committed to see if it would increase interest. Kinda like dating a girl, other girls find you more desireable if you’re dating someone else”

Greg didn't entertain the academic at risk kid and would never take commits from players that are not all in. Did Fran learn anything while working for Greg?

Additionally, one has to wonder whether Fran's RU recruiting benefitted from having Greg as a closer. These are Chris Ash level 1st time head coach mistakes from a supposed recruiting prodigy.

-------------------------------------

And for our laugh of the day:

"We need to start acting like we've been there. If we keep acting like Rutger's fanbase, that's exactly what we're going to reap."

https://syracusefan.com/threads/cb-...lipped-to-florida-7-31-24.181405/post-5079805

They can only dream of recruiting strong classes that are tight knit and not full of potential land mines.

Since mid June, Sewercuse has lost 6 commits between the 2025 & 2026 classes with half of them being 4* per the TOS composite.

At least one was academically at risk and two FL commits apparently never had serious intention of staying committed to Sewercuse when Fran took their verbal pledge.

Here are some interesting comments, one from the local rag and another from a poster on their boards.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefoot...florida-its-gonna-be-real-hard-to-decide.html

"Williams wasn’t sure recruiting attention would ever come. He jumped at his first offer and committed to Louisville in November. He decommitted after Ole Miss offered in December. Syracuse followed with an offer, and Williams committed to the Orangemen in April.

He remains committed to Syracuse, but that’s not likely his landing place. He would like to stay in Florida. Last year he wasn’t sure he was going to get any offers from the Florida schools. He now has a scholarship offer from every Football Bowl Subdivision school in Florida, with the exception of FIU. He’s currently intrigued by Miami and Florida."

https://syracusefan.com/threads/cb-...lipped-to-florida-7-31-24.181405/post-5072188

"Some interesting info for you on Demetrius. As I said before, I live in the same area of Florida as Demetrius. A friend who is a local high school coach asked Demetrius about committing to Cuse. Demetrius shrugged it off and said (paraphrase) “It’s early yet. I committed to see if it would increase interest. Kinda like dating a girl, other girls find you more desireable if you’re dating someone else”

Greg didn't entertain the academic at risk kid and would never take commits from players that are not all in. Did Fran learn anything while working for Greg?

Additionally, one has to wonder whether Fran's RU recruiting benefitted from having Greg as a closer. These are Chris Ash level 1st time head coach mistakes from a supposed recruiting prodigy.

-------------------------------------

And for our laugh of the day:

"We need to start acting like we've been there. If we keep acting like Rutger's fanbase, that's exactly what we're going to reap."

https://syracusefan.com/threads/cb-...lipped-to-florida-7-31-24.181405/post-5079805

They can only dream of recruiting strong classes that are tight knit and not full of potential land mines.
Fran made a splash out of the gate. He connects with recruits. He also has Elijah Robinson, who is a solid recruiter, but someone pointed out he may have had some recruiting issues when he was with the Aggies.

Best case scenario is they get a couple/few four star recruits and the Ohio Stat QB McCord has a banner year, and they leverage off of that. They have one of the easier schedules in the ACC. If they falter, the bottom could fall out quickly. Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to.

Reactions: TM94goRU
He learned that Sewercuse sucks and still went there. Go figure.
Still think it is a good move for Fran. The best case is he succeeds, and he gets hired somewhere else and leaves them for dead.
Worst case is he fails and gets fired, but he collects a big paycheck, and he will get another job.
Actually the worse case is he has a mediocre record, and he stays there for multiple years.

I hope the last. Watching a mediocre Sewercuse in a mediocre ACC is great entertainment when I pop over to that desperate site of theirs. Although watching Fran leave after a couple of good seasons would be fun too. Unfortunately you have to suffer a few good seasons and those odd lots chest thumping.

Still think it is a good move for Fran. The best case is he succeeds, and he gets hired somewhere else and leaves them for dead.
Worst case is he fails and gets fired, but he collects a big paycheck, and he will get another job.
Actually the worse case is he has a mediocre record, and he stays there for multiple years.
Great move for Fran, desperation move by Sewercuse. Their AD really miscalculated here making a wild card hire like this.

What could go wrong when he's never been a coordinator? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Those ace recruiting chops don't mean as much in the HC seat when they are supposed to be the CEO. His hire was akin to taking a regional manager instead of a COO and he's already making mistakes with risky recruiting gambles. I have a feeling game management is going to be wild.

Great move for Fran, desperation move by Sewercuse. Their AD really miscalculated here making a wild card hire like this.

What could go wrong when he's never been a coordinator? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Those ace recruiting chops don't mean as much in the HC seat when they are supposed to be the CEO. His hire was akin to taking a regional manager instead of a COO and he's already making mistakes with risky recruiting gambles. I have a feeling game management is going to be wild.
A calculated, but risky gamble. They went with Dino Babers, who had a solid head coaching record in the MAC. Maybe there were no other better takers for the job?

A calculated, but risky gamble. They went with Dino Babers, who had a solid head coaching record in the MAC. Maybe there were no other better takers for the job?
Yeah, he had one good year with a senior dominant team and nothing after that year. There was interest but their AD went for Fran because they are convinced that recruiting NJ is the key to their success like it's 40 years ago.

Problem with that strategy is you have an oversaturation of programs today recruiting the state between RU, the B1G, SEC, ACC and Big 12. Greg ate their lunch all spring getting commits from like 8-9 recruits they offered (including several of the 4*s we landed).

Now you got recruits committing to them as a placeholder and openly stating they have no desire of going there and that's an awful look. So much for the honeymoon period. Outside of the initial transfers that's gone now. Bears watching if they continue to bleed recruits.

Is Sewercuse the new UCant? 🤣
Fade into history and never to be remembered as a quality program. 🤔
It would be nice to see them join the independent ranks with UCant.

Different than UCant in that they do have a history as a quality program.

Can't be I heard on this board he was the Nick Saban of the North and taking every quality NJ recruit he wants?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT