ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have a shot against Penn State

barrelroll

Redshirt
Nov 21, 2021
Keckeisen just gave Brooks all he could handle losing 3-2 and Keckeisen was the aggressor. We have at least a 40% shot at 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, and 184. It won't be easy. But, the tide maybe beginning changing. At 197 we can keep it to a decision and maybe at 165 as Edsel their current 165lber is not likely a national qualifier..

We match up poorly with Penn State. Our 3 strongest weight classes are probably 141, 184, and 133 where we have 3 potential AAs. Penn State has the reigning national champ at all 3 weights.
Yup. They are weakest at 157 and 165 but that has been proven to be our weakest as well. In order to compete with them you need to hit bonus points there and we just don’t have the firepower.

Dont forget they are adding Hildebrandt at 125 in January and he finished 4th at 125 last year.

Last edited:
Yup. They are weakest at 157 and 165 but that has been proven to be our weakest as well. In order to compete with them you need to hit bonus points there and we just don’t have the firepower.

Dont forget they are adding Hildebrandt at 125 in January and he finished 4th at 125 last year.
You guys are right. Just hoping for an upset.

PSU beat Cornell just now 21-16. Cornell led most of the way until 197 when Dean just did beat Cardenas by 1. Then Kirklivet beat Fernandez at 285 to win it. Docs gave Starocci all he could handle

I don't see much talk about 285. B1G competition will be much different. I believe this weight class will decide a lot of dual meets for us. Hope Boone continues to develop. $$$$

Keckeisen just gave Brooks all he could handle losing 3-2 and Keckeisen was the aggressor. We have at least a 40% shot at 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, and 184. It won't be easy. But, the tide maybe beginning changing. At 197 we can keep it to a decision and maybe at 165 as Edsel their current 165lber is not likely a national qualifier..
At first glance I would say no shot, but, upon closer inspection with PSU’s current roster, we would need the perfect results to win…

125 - Shawver Mdec Campbell
133 - Alverez dec RBY (need this upset or Poz)
141 - Seabass dec Lee
149- MVB dec Bartlett
157 - Kanniard dec J. Lee
165 -PSU dec
174 - Staracci dec Turley
184- Brooks dec Poz
197- Dean dec Bulsak
Hwt - Kerk dec Boone

So yeah, unlikely we win but there’s a small chance 😅

Yea, would need everything to go right for us. Just dont see it happening. As some have posted they are also super strong at our best weights, plus match being held at Rec Hall which is a big home mat advantage. They also are expected to have AA Hildebrandt at 125 next semester. And would not shock me if they pull 165 Facundo out of redshirt(if he has a good scuffle).

Is Facundo that good or am I overestimating Shawver? Shawver has looked good all year so far. Who does he train with?
I think the guy your thinking about (PSU’s incoming 125 pound transfer) is Hindelbrandt, he took 4th last year.
Facundo is another of PSU’s blue chipper who is going to slot in at 157/165… his ceiling potential could be the next Bo Nickal(never know wit psu freshman) but eventually psu gotta get a blue chipper that doesn’t pan out…

I think the guy your thinking about (PSU’s incoming 125 pound transfer) is Hindelbrandt, he took 4th last year.
Facundo is another of PSU’s blue chipper who is going to slot in at 157/165… his ceiling potential could be the next Bo Nickal(never know wit psu freshman) but eventually psu gotta get a blue chipper that doesn’t pan out…
You're right, I mixed up the two.

PSU just crushed Arizona State in Florida. It was 25-10 going into 285. ASU ducked the premier matchup between Schultz and Kirklivet. They sent out a backup in Porter who banged his head with Kitk’s nose. In concussion protocol so I turned it off. Another case of ducking to preserve seeds. Iowa squeaked by NC Star winning last 2. Final 21-16

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Zeke really looked pathetic not sending out Schultz. He had his headgear on and everything so he can’t even claim injury.

Did anyone else think that Eierman was pinned by Ryan Jack? Rivera should move to # 2 in the rankings following Eierman's poor performance the last 2 days.

Did anyone else think that Eierman was pinned by Ryan Jack? Rivera should move to # 2 in the rankings following Eierman's poor performance the last 2 days.

Yup he definitely was but we all know how all of the calls always go in Iowa’s favor.

Did Eierman drop any matches? If not, doubt they will drop his rankings

Slim and none and slim just left town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT