ADVERTISEMENT

Dr Fauci States That Students Probably Won't Return To Campuses For Fall Semester

Purdue is run by a conservative stalwart...he’s trying to set an example for obvious reasons.

It’s sad that someone would honestly think that Fauci is “trying to stay relevant”, rather than trying to save lives.

clearly, conservative leadership decided that they are going to do the bare minimum to protect people, citing the idea that the bad economy can destroy lives.

you can agree with that or not, but it’s pretty dark to buy into the narrative pitched by the conservative merchants of doubt that Fauci is selfish in any way.

we know what selfish looks like - he’s in the Oval Office.
Since that “bare minimum” in states like GA and FL has resulted in outcomes much more favorable than that in heavily restricted places like NY and NJ, why isn’t bare minimum vindicated as a policy?

Stop the partisan BS... he did not say that...what he said is there would be no vaccine available for the term(Fall) but had confidence by 2021 we would since there are 8 vaccines in the works...we have all been guilty of that ... the way to success is cooperation from both opposing factions... do not expect that to happen...

Partisan BS? Really?I know Fauci didn't say that. His boss did though. I do think that everyone wants a vaccine as fast as possible.

For a long time health experts were saying that people should not wear face coverings. Only when China reported in did they change their minds.
China has worn face masks for many years. Because of air pollution! They have most of the top 100 worst air pollution cities in the world. Asia itself has 99 of the top 100 worst.

Reactions: Mystic Mountie
Partisan BS? Really?I know Fauci didn't say that. His boss did though. I do think that everyone wants a vaccine as fast as possible.
He said it at the senate teleconference today... you sound like the typical left wing nut who hears ONLY what they want to hear... if you listened to the McEnamy press conference today she clarified his statement verbatim... your hate permeates your mind ... so yes Einstein ... you are a political hack.

Getting back to the hearing... did anyone ask Fauci or the others what scientific reason exists to justify governments not allowing people to be outside at parks, beaches, etc. as long they maintain proper social distancing?

Reactions: RUsSKii
He said it at the senate teleconference today... you sound like the typical left wing nut who hears ONLY what they want to hear... if you listened to the McEnamy press conference today she clarified his statement verbatim... your hate permeates your mind ... so yes Einstein ... you are a political hack.

What statement are you talking about? The 15 to 0 statement? What is there to clarify? As usual Trump said some mind-numbingly stupid sh** and then his aides scramble to "clarify" or whatever. The guy is dumber than ten bags of dog crap.

Purdue is run by a conservative stalwart...he’s trying to set an example for obvious reasons.

Or, maybe he's just smarter than mass murder Andy "kill my grandma" Cuomo and Gretchen "look at the botox i got anyway" Whitmer.

young healthy people ain't gonna die very much..... time for sick old professors to retire.......

the idea that you can control sexed up college kids who want to drink and party during their prime is just stupid. lot of "appearance of safety" without real safety hand-wringers are desperately trying to push on others.

The fact that they will have access to testing (hopefully contraction AND antibody) will be useful. Massive gatherings might be best to avoid. But, schools are not the places we should be most worried about.

I sure know what self centered looks like... and it's in a 2-sizes too small polo shirt in Albany...

Reactions: REB92
I have an idea for re opening campuses. Give students the option of taking courses online or in person. Some will choose the online option leaving less students on campus and making social distancing a little easier. Just a thought

Reactions: ScarletSince86
For a long time health experts were saying that people should not wear face coverings. Only when China reported in did they change their minds.
UH, South Korea says, hold my beer China. S. Korea our ally is the one who recommended face coverings. China is the one still hindering efforts to find out the exact source of this. They have lied, withheld information, silenced those who spoke out, deceived and been uncooperative with the world since the onset of the pandemic.

What statement are you talking about? The 15 to 0 statement? What is there to clarify? As usual Trump said some mind-numbingly stupid sh** and then his aides scramble to "clarify" or whatever. The guy is dumber than ten bags of dog crap.
Hey Mr. Left... I watched the after reports for all the faux crap that some people love to spew out... it’s not based upon actual knowledge of the transcript or the failure of some to listen... Fauci did NOT say they shouldn’t go back in the Fall... it will be up to colleges, universities, public and parochial educational systems with state and local governments...too many only hear what they wish to hear...The press secretary gave Fauci’s words verbatim ...

Coming from a right wing hack like you, that's a compliment.
The 15 cases to zero was not today, genius.
It was in February.

The latest by Fauci is irresponsible - what happened to "flattening the curve" as the standard for reopening. If left up to him (which it should not be) the country will never reopen and the costs of closing will never be factored into the risk calculation.

The fact is that unless you are wearing goggles when you are out in public and a mask you might as well be naked. It enters thru the eyes, as well as your nose, that's why the whole mask nonsense has been a farce from the beginning. These colleges will try to open up this fall not because of politics, patriotism, or any other cause other than the pursuit of the all encompassing $. They will risk student, faculty, employee health because they need the $s flowing from tuition, fees, and board. Plain and simple, it is not that difficult to comprehend. By the way, that is why the churches also want to open ASAP, just follow the money.

Are you in NY and NJ even slightly loosening restrictions?

tomorrow in Texas is day 14 of loosened restrictions by Gov Abbott...I trust that if the numbers show it, even more loosening will take place...then wait another 14 and so on. Is this even remotely happening up there? Or is it blanket extensions a month at a time?

Just curious!

tomorrow in Texas is day 14 of loosened restrictions by Gov Abbott...I trust that if the numbers show it, even more loosening will take place...then wait another 14 and so on. Is this even remotely happening up there? Or is it blanket extensions a month at a time?

Just curious!
Murphy said he might have something for us by the end of the week. Of course if his previous track record holds, that announcement will be pushed off to the following week. Then he'll probably say we're getting close and it's because of you we're getting through this, so in two weeks we might start reopening low risk businesses.

That'll buy him at least another month before he has to really make a decision and take a leadership role. Of course by then the decision will be made for him by Cuomo and NYC. See how his tag along strategy works. At this point his press conferences are useless.

Just curious!

NJ polling

The poll shows 66% of Jersey adults are happy with the state’s pace of peeling back restrictions, while 19% believe it’s happening too quickly, and 16% say it’s going too slowly.

Fauci may be a very smart man and know more about viruses than anyone in the world, but as the poster boy for our nation's epidemiology task force, success and failure fall largely on his shoulders. His decisions regarding basic preparation, detection and prevention of CV-19 reek of a lack of common sense. Those three in of themselves are largely why this country is trying to dig itself out of a hole. Maybe he should keep his mug under the microscope where his worth is a known and proven commodity.
Sure are a lot of Fox viewers in this thread.
Anyone trying to blame Fauci for our country's poor response to the virus needs to stop watching Fox "News". Fauci doesn't make policy. Trump rarely listens to Fauci anyway because the ONLY think he's worried about is getting re-elected. And he's convinced a strong economy guarantees he'll win. That's the only reason he wants to "open up the states". Well, that and he's losing money at his hotels.

Stop the partisan BS... he did not say that...
Bob, Trump did in fact say there were only 15 cases in the US and it would soon be zero.
He said it way back when.... There were 15 cases in the US. Fox probably didn't want to broadcast it because they slant so heavily right they purposely avoid anything that makes Trump look bad - which of course is about 60% of what he does.
So if people only watch Fox their perception of reality will be heavily skewed and full of misinformation. I go to Fox and CNN every day and BBC once a week. Gotta get both sides.

Sure are a lot of Fox viewers in this thread.
Anyone trying to blame Fauci for our country's poor response to the virus needs to stop watching Fox "News". Fauci doesn't make policy. Trump rarely listens to Fauci anyway because the ONLY think he's worried about is getting re-elected. And he's convinced a strong economy guarantees he'll win. That's the only reason he wants to "open up the states". Well, that and he's losing money at his hotels.
Nothing is a surer sign of a liberal who can’t put together a rational argument than for them to trot out the Fox News angle. Evidently they suck at math, because the highest rated Fox show has a viewership equal to about 5% of the Republican vote.

has Fauci actually been right about anything?

Is there anything more pathetic than 11 ignorant fools lamenting that the leading authority on epidemiology in the country for decades is never right? Please share your credentials for making such claims.

He is been selected as a spokesman for your side. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't advocate that you go out and do whatever you want whenever you want, at the expense of the susceptible people who could die because such behavior disperses the virus all over the place.

So what if those people in the more susceptible groups pay the price for your "freedumb"?

Why don't these groups just stay home? the obese, the old, the diabetic, latinos, blacks, those with compromised immune systems - so that you can go out and enjoy yourselves? It is so selfish of them.

After all, Fauci is so dumb, and you are so smart.

Hey Mr. Left... I watched the after reports for all the faux crap that some people love to spew out... it’s not based upon actual knowledge of the transcript or the failure of some to listen... Fauci did NOT say they shouldn’t go back in the Fall... it will be up to colleges, universities, public and parochial educational systems with state and local governments...too many only hear what they wish to hear...The press secretary gave Fauci’s words verbatim ...

I honestly have no idea what you're taking issue with here. I never mentioned Fauci.

Bob, Trump did in fact say there were only 15 cases in the US and it would soon be zero.
He said it way back when.... There were 15 cases in the US. Fox probably didn't want to broadcast it because they slant so heavily right they purposely avoid anything that makes Trump look bad - which of course is about 60% of what he does.
So if people only watch Fox their perception of reality will be heavily skewed and full of misinformation. I go to Fox and CNN every day and BBC once a week. Gotta get both sides.
What Trump said several months ago has nothing to do with people claiming what Fauci said ,” he did not claim schools will not return in September Fauci said ,” if we open up the economy too soon we could have small spikes which could set the economy back.”... WTF does that have to do with a Trump quote months ago...Absolutely Nada , Nunca , Nadia...We get it you hate Trump.

Lots of schools have already announced that students will be back for fall... corona bros will be mad but even if you disagree with it, the presidents of the schools already said it.

The fact is that unless you are wearing goggles when you are out in public and a mask you might as well be naked. It enters thru the eyes, as well as your nose, that's why the whole mask nonsense has been a farce from the beginning. These colleges will try to open up this fall not because of politics, patriotism, or any other cause other than the pursuit of the all encompassing $. They will risk student, faculty, employee health because they need the $s flowing from tuition, fees, and board. Plain and simple, it is not that difficult to comprehend. By the way, that is why the churches also want to open ASAP, just follow the money.
But that’s not the reason some of us want to go back.

California State University campuses, including Fresno State, suspending in-person classes through fall semester

https://abc7.com/csu-fall-classes-cal-state-university-system-canceled-in-person/6176291/
Classic Cali dumbassery...months away...no need to make this decision until at least July...I hope cal state student demands refunds in droves...I guess doc drama got scared them enough...I suspect NY and the SUNY and CUNY system will follow suit soon...

emperor cuomo will NOT be outdone.

Classic Cali dumbassery...months away...no need to make this decision until at least July...I hope cal state student demands refunds in droves...I guess doc drama got scared them enough...I suspect NY and the SUNY and CUNY system will follow suit soon...

Gavin just said, “hold my Chardonnay” when he thought NY was going to preempt CA.

Last edited:

yes there are plenty of Deniers living in Trumpanzee land still believing Lying Donnie is doing a great job throughout this COVID pandemic.

Forget Emperor Cuomo, Pope Murphy will undoubtedly look to top anything coming out of CA or NY.

The latest by Fauci is irresponsible - what happened to "flattening the curve" as the standard for reopening. If left up to him (which it should not be) the country will never reopen and the costs of closing will never be factored into the risk calculation.
I don't think Fauci ever tied flattening the curve to reopening.

I mean as a general philosophy flattening the curve was important so as not to overwhelm the health care system. And on that I think he has proven correct.

The CDC guidance for opening up is something along the lines of a 14 day decline in new cases.

I would be shocked if students didn't return in September, unless there is a major flair up of infections before then. As a Doctor, Fauci is thinking of the best way for people to not get sick. And that is for everyone to not leave home for 10 years.

This is spot on. I don’t think Fauci is selfish or trying to extend his fame or whatever. He’s a smart guy and his heart is in the right place. But his expertise is in medicine, not general policy-making, and his opinion of what trade offs we should make isn’t worth much more than anyone else’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT