ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Fauci Warns NFL (Even In Empty Stadiums) Could Be Perfect Storm

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
If 4 players tested positive on the team you'd "have to shut it down".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/us/fauci-nfl-spt-trnd/index.html

My suggestion for NFL, MLB, NBA, College Football / Basketball:
1. Quarantine all players for 2-3 weeks before the season starts
2. Test Players : only negative tested players stay on the team
a. Before Quarantine
b. After quarantine
c. before start of season
d. Test PRN during the season (but no less than weekly (see below)
3. All players, coaches and support staff would have to be sequestered in hotels etc. for the duration of the season - no contact with anyone OTHER than their team / coaches
4. All games to be played at one location / shorten season: e.g. NBA = MSG; MLB = LA ;NFL = Dallas etc.
4. If 4 or more players, coaches, support staff test positive, that team is shut down
5. No fans in stands for 2020: wait for effective vaccine / treatment to mitigate the effects of catching Covid 19
6. If this sounds Draconian, then consider it the price you pay (paying your dues) for earning a living at pro- sports or receiving a scholarship

MO
PS If wives or gf's want to be locked up and put through the quarantine and sequestering process (you wouldn't see your kids till the season was over...or risk f'ing the team / reducing the $$ that can be generated by playing)..so be it.

Last edited:
Is this based on those highly accurate numerical models that predicted millions of cases...

let’s not have the elections until Nov 2021! :Wink:

4.25 million worldwide, 1.38 million in the US. We could have done better here, but would have multiple millions infected stateswide right now if people did not smarten up...and just remember, this ain't over yet.

What about the gf's of the married players? My niece used to work for the Hyatt in NY and when she took reservations for the baseball players coming to town there were extra rooms for "extras".

Reactions: BrycesUncle
Fauci was a guy whose whole career is based on the government paying him to protect us from and manage the response to infectious diseases, and he was saying as late as February 19th that the threat to the US from the Coronavirus was “minuscule”, but somehow people have put him in a pedestal while blaming the “government” in general for our response.

Fauci was a guy whose whole career is based on the government paying him to protect us from and manage the response to infectious diseases, and he was saying as late as February 19th that the threat to the US from the Coronavirus was “minuscule”, but somehow people have put him in a pedestal while blaming the “government” in general for our response.

Fauci can only comment on the evidence he sees. In February, there were very few confirmed cases.

Fauci can only comment on the evidence he sees. In February, there were very few confirmed cases.

100% disagree. The evidence from China was right under his nose. Mid to late January, our hospital had a task force in place to prepare for a potential onslaught and mass influx of patients based on the evidence from overseas. We saw it, I saw it, plenty of other level headed individuals here saw it. Why couldn't Fauci see it?

His one job is Infectious Disease. How does he not only get a pass for being completely wrong, but get hero-worshipped at this point by some people?

he wasn’t wrong based on the known facts at the time. The facts changed.

And he has no data to put fear in everyone's lives that this will return in September worse than it is now. Tells everyone to wear masks but he and everyone in the White House do not. How can you believe a word this guy tells you?

he wasn’t wrong based on the known facts at the time. The facts changed.
That ignores first, my point that the people who relied on his expert judgement of the known facts are blamed more for the response than he is and second, that statements he makes NOW which are also based on “the known facts at the time” are treated as infallible even though he may be just as wrong now as he was in February.

And he has no data to put fear in everyone's lives that this will return in September worse than it is now. Tells everyone to wear masks but he and everyone in the White House do not. How can you believe a word this guy tells you?
He keeps talking about a vaccine when he knows better than anyone from working on the AIDS crisis that a vaccine may never happen.

Fauci was a guy whose whole career is based on the government paying him to protect us from and manage the response to infectious diseases, and he was saying as late as February 19th that the threat to the US from the Coronavirus was “minuscule”, but somehow people have put him on a pedestal while blaming the “government” in general for our response.

Not to take this to left field, but Fauci is high up and a member of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation board and they are strongly pushing those vaccines, which hell no I ain't taking. gates owns most of the patents on vaccines...... While the president is pushing the current medications which should be giving a chance and Fauci says no, Correct me if I am wrong................ You can't trust Fauci the minute you blink your eyes. FACT!!!!! Gates finances all of the major medical organizations, WHO, CDC, Facuci's Organization. So why are we listening to Bill Gates and Fauci anyway. Can we say conflict of interest.... I'm just saying....

Reactions: goru1869
Not to take this to left field, but Fauci is high up and a member of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation board and they are strongly pushing those vaccines, which hell no I ain't taking. gates owns most of the patents on vaccines...... While the president is pushing the current medications which should be giving a chance and Fauci says no, Correct me if I am wrong................ You can't trust Fauci the minute you blink your eyes. FACT!!!!! Gates finances all of the major medical organizations, WHO, CDC, Facuci's Organization. So why are we listening to Bill Gates and Fauci anyway. Can we say conflict of interest.... I'm just saying....

12774-TinFoilHat-Q01_2400x.png

He keeps talking about a vaccine when he knows better than anyone from working on the AIDS crisis that a vaccine may never happen.
And most virus type vaccines that are made are based on last year's virus. They change usually by the next year. Waiting for something that might work is wrong. If that is anyone's Plan A they should immediately move to Plan B.

And China and the WHO were still slow playing this - there's a lot of blame to go around, but there's a whole shitload of Monday Morning Quarterbacking going on for a catastrophe the likes of which hasn't been seen for 102 years. The more data we have, the better the estimates and projections become.

I don't believe him, I believe the evidence of the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic. Look no further than what happened in San Francisco.

Fauci says that we don't need to be wearing masks. The gov't says yes we do. Fauci says it only protects the person that are infected. So who do you believe...

Ummmmmmmm maybe I'm reading too much into this statement..... Maybe he's part Nostradamus or something...

There are people who do go overboard with their conspiracy theories, but I hate this kind of response to anyone who thinks outside the box or questions what they've been told, we shouldn't be looking to shut people down because they dare to be skeptical.

There are people who do go overboard with their conspiracy theories, but I hate this kind of response to anyone who thinks outside the box or questions what they've been told, we shouldn't be looking to shut people down because they dare to be skeptical.

skepticsm is fine. Crazy conspiracy theories should be fair game for ridicule. IMO.

skepticsm is fine. Crazy conspiracy theories should be fair game for ridicule. IMO.
But who are you to decide what is crazy conspiracy theories? For example the post you quoted seems like heavy skepticism about Fauci's motives because of his connections. There is nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with someone challenging his skepticism, but to demean and insult his opinion like you did is wrong.

But who are you to decide what is crazy conspiracy theories? For example the post you quoted seems like heavy skepticism about Fauci's motives because of his connections. There is nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with someone challenging his skepticism, but to demean and insult his opinion like you did is wrong.

If you don't see the crazy conspiracy theories in the above post we are talking about, then I don't know what to tell you. At some point Facts matter, and complete falsehoods need to be ignored, if not ridiculed.

If you don't see the crazy conspiracy theories in the above post we are talking about, then I don't know what to tell you. At some point Facts matter, and complete falsehoods need to be ignored, if not ridiculed.
I don't really care what you tell me, you don't come across as the tolerant type so I'll just treat you the same. Have a good day mate.

I don't really care what you tell me, you don't come across as the tolerant type so I'll just treat you the same. Have a good day mate.

I am very tolerant, as many of the posters here that know me personally would confirm. I just don't think crazy conspiracy theories is helpful, and will call them out when I see them.

search
There were 2 waves of deaths in some areas of the US during the 1918 pandemic. In SF, they had the initial wave in September of that year. By November cases were down, so they started relaxing, only to have another wave hit them starting in December.

The death rate of the Spanish Flu was much worse in the 2nd wave in our Country.
Hopefully this does not repeat this fall.

Spanish_flu_death_chart.png

Last edited:
That ignores first, my point that the people who relied on his expert judgement of the known facts are blamed more for the response than he is and second, that statements he makes NOW which are also based on “the known facts at the time” are treated as infallible even though he may be just as wrong now as he was in February.
i think your first point is valid although I'd argue that it should just be adding him to the fault list vs taking away blame from the 'people who relied on him'. Regardless, I tend to feel much more comfortable believing/trusting an actual Dr. who can much better understand and evaluate data/info about whats happening with the disease and testing than anything that comes from the pres/vp, etc.

i think your first point is valid although I'd argue that it should just be adding him to the fault list vs taking away blame from the 'people who relied on him'. Regardless, I tend to feel much more comfortable believing/trusting an actual Dr. who can much better understand and evaluate data/info about whats happening with the disease and testing than anything that comes from the pres/vp, etc.
Don’t get me wrong, he has a ton of experience and it is fine for him to be one of the advisors on what is going on with the virus and our response.

My problem is with the fawning coverage he gets on every comment he makes on schools, the economy, what we should be restricting people from, etc. He isn’t an expert on education, the economy or constitutional rights and the media and his fans need to stop treating him like he is.

He isn’t even an expert on medicine in general. A lot of people in oncology are very concerned how this shutdown has had a huge negative impact on cancer screenings and regular checkups and all of Fauci’s efforts to minimize deaths in his area of infectious disease will cause extra deaths in other areas of medicine.

Thank you for celebrating my oldest Grandson's 27th birthday. That was the day that you joined this board.

I don't believe him, I believe the evidence of the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic. Look no further than what happened in San Francisco.
Was it was because no masks?? Or no social distancing?? Or medical facilities/capabilities back a 102 years ago? Or severe lack of knowledge on what to do? Treating people with oil and herbs? Not trying to find a cure but just trying to reduce the fever instead? I'm sure lack of masks is way down in the list (or not on the list at all like now as it is not a cure/dramatic protection)

tighten your screws, dude. jfc

The second wave hysteria perpetrated by the media just sickens me. We're not even through the 1st wave yet and they just can't help themselves but put more fear into people's lives. I'm smart enough to tune them out, just like the killer bee's in the 70's and the 4 Murder Hornets found in the US. But there are many out there who can't think for themselves. It's just heartbreaking to hear these people believing everything they hear and living their lives in fear.

Reactions: Postman_1
The second wave hysteria perpetrated by the media just sickens me. We're not even through the 1st wave yet and they just can't help themselves but put more fear into people's lives. I'm smart enough to tune them out, just like the killer bee's in the 70's and the 4 Murder Hornets found in the US. But there are many out there who can't think for themselves. It's just heartbreaking to hear these people believing everything they hear and living their lives in fear.
USA Today has a story with another expert saying this virus will be a big problem until 60-70% of people have been infected and we have herd immunity.

What virus has been able to have an infection rate of 60-70%? Even the Spanish Flu is estimated to only have infected 1/3 of people.

The testing done on the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, which had an outbreak for weeks with no social distancing, only showed about a 25% infection rate.

USA Today has a story with another expert saying this virus will be a big problem until 60-70% of people have been infected and we have herd immunity.

What virus has been able to have an infection rate of 60-70%? Even the Spanish Flu is estimated to only have infected 1/3 of people.

The testing done on the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt, which had an outbreak for weeks with no social distancing, only showed about a 25% infection rate.
Exactly. However infection rate is completely different than exposure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT