ADVERTISEMENT

Dymere Miller #1 PFF Rated WR in Big Ten

Not for nothing, I'm hoping this player really turns out to be what we need, but his experience is with a team that didn't play a single Power 5 team last year. I don't know how they can give him any kind of rating at this point.

(BTW, can't read the tweet as my work blocks twitter)

Not for nothing, I'm hoping this player really turns out to be what we need, but his experience is with a team that didn't play a single Power 5 team last year. I don't know how they can give him any kind of rating at this point.

Agreed, they’re using last years rating.

stop thinking logically, no room for that here

Reactions: Morrischiano

Do they block X? Because Twitter no longer exists.

Reactions: RutgersSC
I guess that must be an acceptable URL for your company.
c8eee84c-1c5b-4919-908e-d76880c8c35d_text.gif

He's 6 Ft, fast and catches with hands in midfield (and QB can see him way down there).
Defenses will have to stretch.
Even if he couldn't catch he would be a pest for defenders

Here he outran the DBs and had to wait for ball.

istyLrw.gif

lqyENo1.gif

He's 6 Ft, fast and catches with hands in midfield (and QB can see him way down there).

Yeah.

That's great.

I want to see him do that against Big 10 DB's before I start lauding him.

Yeah.

That's great.

in all fairness, plenty of great receivers played sub competition and went on to hof careers. speed, coming out of breaks, hands etc etc are transitive here

but I get your view, just saying don't discount him yet

Reactions: WestOrangeCL
Good hands and great speed and we have a QB that will be better at getting him the ball. And if they focus on him, we have other WR threats. Think we will be happily surprised with his performance. Haven't been this excited for Football season in at least 10 years. And think about the WR's spreading the field for Kyle, Sam & company.

Reactions: angmo
in all fairness, plenty of great receivers played sub competition and went on to hof careers. speed, coming out of breaks, hands etc etc are transitive here

but I get your view, just saying don't discount him yet

As I said above, I really hope he is what we need. I'm just not ready to anoint him the next Jerry Rice until he proves it against Big 10 competition.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Yeah.

That's great.

He's already better deep than last year's WRs.

That was a 50 yard pass in the clip and it wasn't even to the sideline/corner/flag like most RU long balls (RU's "vertical safteyism" I call it). If Ian Strong has a good year watch out. He showed real flashes last year and wasn't even used to practicing as a WR

“He played wide receiver in games at St. Anthony’s. He didn’t really practice it,” Schiano said on Wednesday following practice.

“But when you watch them in games you’d say ‘This kid is special’ and we needed to bolster our wide receiver corp. And he is going to be special. He’s got a unique skill set, and he’s a big man. So I look forward to seeing him continue to develop.”

Two good WRs are exponentially better than one (think Melton and Cruickshank paired - TDs vanished when Cruickshank went down but in tandem they were a headache).

If RU has a TE who doesn't have to block all the time RU could be formidable. Mongo running, with Strong and Miller deep would leave a lot of empty space (like KC and Kelce). Of course RU had that "between the 20s game" with Rice, Underwood and Britt but TD passes in red zone were still rare. Miller will be good in close coverage with those hands (Britt liked to trap balls with arms)

He's already better deep than last year's WRs.

That was a 50 yard pass in the clip and it wasn't even to the sideline/corner/flag like most RU long balls (RU's "vertical safteyism" I call it).

Meaningless until he does it against Big 10 competition.

istyLrw.gif

lqyENo1.gif
Any time you see highlights with woods in the background and not a stadium you have take that in to consideration.

Shocked Indiana has 3 of the top 10 WRs in the B1G.
By the end of the season we will have 2 in the top 10. Mark it down.

Reactions: Kbee3
Yeah.

That's great.

No one asked you to laud. I certainly didn't expect you to laud. Anyway, it's nice pre-season recognition for a guy who we expect to contribute next year. But I'm definitely not lauding yet.

No one asked you to laud. I certainly didn't expect you to laud. Anyway, it's nice pre-season recognition for a guy who we expect to contribute next year. But I'm definitely not lauding yet.

You're missing the point: this site is anointing him the best WR in the Big 10 even though he hasn't even played a single game against P5 competition. Again, don't discount this as me denigrating the player: I really hope he is as good as what we were hearing out of Spring Practice. But until he competes in a game at this level, there's no way to tell where he stands in relation to other Big 10 WR's.

You're missing the point: this site is anointing him the best WR in the Big 10 even though he hasn't even played a single game against P5 competition. Again, don't discount this as me denigrating the player: I really hope he is as good as what we were hearing out of Spring Practice. But until he competes in a game at this level, there's no way to tell where he stands in relation to other Big 10 WR's.
No one takes this stuff seriously. It's for clicks, entertainment and discussion by us.

I can understand wondering about the "real" talent of a Monmouth player.
I even wondered how a guy so good (and Texas Tech wanted him too) didn't have more offers out of high school (where he set PA track record as part of a relay).

I found out he was in a bad car accident in high school. Had a ruptured disc and it took better part of a year to rehab. He was in pain for following season and had to go to prep school hoping for offers. I can see how he fell through the cracks. I know from experience how a disc can eventually heal-up like nothing happened.

The guy isn't a lineman who could get mugged in B1G. But as a WR its obvious he can catch and scoot. He set FCS records as well as Monmouth. He runs around other players like they are wearing ankle weights. If a guy can cut on a dime he can do it anywhere. Lots of players get top offers just from football camps.

Prep highlights show same speed/cuts/hands (he was also a defender)

Last edited:
From the QB Whisperer:

"Offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca spoke with the media a week ago and mentioned Miller as showing some early flashes of his potential.

“It’s a little too early to know exactly what he can bring but we really liked his skill set when we watched his film from Monmouth,” Ciarrocca said.

“And in the first two practices, you know, he’s probably… he might be even a little better than I was thinking on the film. I’m just really excited to get a chance to work with him. He is an excellent young man. He’s worked really hard since he’s gotten here and really taken to the program and you can tell the other guys really like him.”

Reactions: WestOrangeCL
I just hope we get to find out. Have a feeling we are going to run the ball a million times this year.

The site is reporting last years rankings, they aren’t anointing anything.

I believe Julius Caesar said "Estee Lauder". That's Latin for "Everybody laud now".

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT