ADVERTISEMENT

Early Non-conference is not time to panic

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
Tonight’s performance was disappointing and I have a bunch of questions on how this season will shake out, what roles/minutes we’re going to see from some of these kids or how much the loss of those couple guys from last year will impact us….

But if there’s anything we’ve learned from prior years under Pikiell now is not the time to hit the panic button. We tend to start off slow in non conference and he uses these games in November/early December to get a feel for his lineups and minutes distributions. Unfortunately because our OOC schedule it still on the weaker end there isn’t much room for error.

I think we all have to have some patience and let some of these young kids and newcomers develop and gel with each other. I’m not going to pass any judgment on Griffiths, Fernandez, Williams based on one game. Davis didn’t shoot well but he looked like he belonged out there.

I saw enough from Simpson last year to tell me he’ll be fine and play a big role this year. A healthy Mag will be a key to our success.

I was most disappointed tonight with Cliff and Hyatt. They got completely shredded on the boards and the effort/intensity wasn’t there. The two of them combined (13 rbs) got out rebounded by 6’7 Pierce (15 rbs).

Cliff needs to do much better than he did tonight.

Hyatt just is what he is and he really shouldn’t be getting more than 15 minutes a game off the bench.

And as for Oscar - super nice kid and I’m happy he’s back. He has a role and can be our sharp shooter but if he’s getting 23 minutes a game all season we’re in massive trouble.

Hyatt/Oscar just cannot be getting this many minutes - this was my biggest fear when we lost Spencer and Mulcahy.

Good points brother! Yea Cliff and Hyatt were a tad disappointing tonight. I wouldn't be so quick to discount Palm. I think he can be a 10+ contributor a night, occasionally 15.

Good points brother! Yea Cliff and Hyatt were a tad disappointing tonight. I wouldn't be so quick to discount Palm. I think he can be a 10+ contributor a night, occasionally 15.

Oscar played well tonight for sure. He could give you 10 + a night if he’s getting 25-30 minutes but unfortunately he’s too much of a defensive liability to be out there for that long.

His role is much better at 10-15 mins a game max where he could give us a quick 6-9 pts.

Reactions: RAC93
Our coach kind of panicked. 1 half in to the season benched 3 starters and left them mostly on the bench the entire half.

When you see Oskar out there playing major minutes it is different.

This wasnt us playing poorly because Geo and Ron having bad nights or new pieces not meshing with the team. Pike rolled with player 10 and 11 on the roster in Game 1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT