ADVERTISEMENT

Edey back

Wonder what he is getting in NIL from Purdue

He could have made a fortune going to the portal and having a bidding war for him.

He will get millions from Purdue for NIL, because they will work him into their rotating ads that show during every televised sporting event. Hopefully he stays healthy and develops his game to a point he becomes a lottery pick, even in a changed game.

I will root for Rutgers first and foremost, but I would love Purdue to stick it to everyone, if only to rebut the blue bloods and put the Big Ten back on the championship map.

Very enjoyable yet very spirited and competitive watching them compete against each other.

Almost a drawback to the golden days when big men dominated the game.
Totally. It's why when we aren't playing them I do want Purdue to do well. I don't want to see big men completely phased out of the game

Same reason why I also rooted for the Titans to do well running the ball in football

Wonder what he is getting in NIL from Purdue

He could have made a fortune going to the portal and having a bidding war for him.
I've read he made over 800k in NIL last season and he should exceed that this season. Probably could've had a bidding war in the portal but that's not his style.

It's that reality which explains why Purdue center Zach Edey is entertaining the possibility of returning to college basketball next season with the Boilermakers. Though he surely could have attracted high-dollar offers by entering the portal as well, there is a sense of mutual loyalty between Edey and Purdue that made transferring implausible for the 7-foot-4 star.

"I would never do something like that to Purdue," Edey said. "I owe Matt Painter the world, I owe (assistant) coach (Brandon) Brantley the world. I owe Purdue the world. I wouldn't mess around and threaten to go to a different school. I would just never do that. It's always been either Purdue or the NBA for me. There's no other option."

I've read he made over 800k in NIL last season and he should exceed that this season. Probably could've had a bidding war in the portal but that's not his style.

It's that reality which explains why Purdue center Zach Edey is entertaining the possibility of returning to college basketball next season with the Boilermakers. Though he surely could have attracted high-dollar offers by entering the portal as well, there is a sense of mutual loyalty between Edey and Purdue that made transferring implausible for the 7-foot-4 star.

"I would never do something like that to Purdue," Edey said. "I owe Matt Painter the world, I owe (assistant) coach (Brandon) Brantley the world. I owe Purdue the world. I wouldn't mess around and threaten to go to a different school. I would just never do that. It's always been either Purdue or the NBA for me. There's no other option."
Great to see kids like Edey and Cliff value their commitment and loyalty.........

Yeah, his 40 time is 7.10 .
He's not nearly as slow and unathletic as many pretend. Maybe not the desired athleticism for an NBA first-rounder, but there are players in the NBA with comparable measures. He also showed a better jumper in his workouts than we've seen at Purdue where he attempted 0 3-pointers last season.

Reactions: Scangg
Yeah, his 40 time is 7.10 .

Offense against Purdue should be:

Clif sets a pick for Gavin at the 3pt line

If they switch - Gavin drives by Edey or takes a 3.
If they go under the screen - pull up 3.
If they go over, drive into the lane.

Need to make Edey move and pull him away from the lane.

I’m pretty sure he is also on a student visa, same as Cliff, so opportunities are more limited.
They also scheduled a game in Edey's home city of Toronto for that reason.

It seems l might have read something that changed recently that will make it easier for players in that situation to earn NIL but I can't think of where I read that.

Reactions: Scangg
He's not nearly as slow and unathletic as many pretend. Maybe not the desired athleticism for an NBA first-rounder, but there are players in the NBA with comparable measures. He also showed a better jumper in his workouts than we've seen at Purdue where he attempted 0 3-pointers last season.

Edey being able to shoot more than we have seen him isn't that surprising to me considering he's a good FT shooter for his size. He just doesn't need to shoot the 3 in college when he can score, get fouled, and/or draw double and triple teams in the post

Purdue fans will treat him as a hero his entire life. Yes, he is going to be paid well. But the fans will remember loyalty.

He’s not a pro player and doesn’t have that type of game. They dont clog the middle with a big man anymore… he’s got height. Can rebound. Will get drafted? Maybe someone will take a flyer but only if he develops an NBA game. Similar to Kofi

He’s not a pro player and doesn’t have that type of game. They dont clog the middle with a big man anymore… he’s got height. Can rebound. Will get drafted? Maybe someone will take a flyer but only if he develops an NBA game. Similar to Kofi
He is a much better player than Kofi. He will definitely get his shot in the NBA, and i think there was more than a 50% chance he would have been drafted in the second round if he had stayed in as he did well at the combine and was much quicker than people assumed.

Dude, you’re 7 effin 10. Go to the pro’s.
He wasn't going to be drafted. The players in the NBA that are his size (Embid, Jokic) are a lot more skilled, and they have skills that are not even taught in American college programs. It's not enough to just be tall.

He wasn't going to be drafted. The players in the NBA that are his size (Embid, Jokic) are a lot more skilled, and they have skills that are not even taught in American college programs. It's not enough to just be tall.
He was listed as a 2nd rounder on most of the mock draft boards and he did very well at the combine. There was a risk he wouldn‘t get drafted, but even then he was at worst a highly likely 2-way.

You don't have to be an MVP level player to make the NBA. He can be a bench big man with the athleticism he tested with. He's more athletic than people's impressions apparently and looks to have improved in S&C

You don't have to be an MVP level player to make the NBA. He can be a bench big man with the athleticism he tested with. He's more athletic than people's impressions apparently and looks to have improved in S&C
Agreed. Taco Fall played in the NBA for parts of 3 seasons, Edey will do better than that.

Respect!

He will get millions from Purdue for NIL, because they will work him into their rotating ads that show during every televised sporting event. Hopefully he stays healthy and develops his game to a point he becomes a lottery pick, even in a changed game.

I will root for Rutgers first and foremost, but I would love Purdue to stick it to everyone, if only to rebut the blue bloods and put the Big Ten back on the championship map.
Because we will be in the Championship hunt in 24-25 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT