ADVERTISEMENT

EJ throws team out of practice

The bank teller must have overheard the Los Alamitos coach and snitched to Eddie ...

Has no choice but to go all IN on this game. The only game that even potentially matters, staring at a losing streak that could last all the way until November...

We are already tanked in the standings, but mentally this would be a huge win as the season winds down. Senior night, ranked opponent, should be a nice crowd. Gotta think Myles and Kadeem will be all in for this one

I guess better late than never. I suspect this was more about next year than it was about the rest of this year.

Originally posted by WJLeggett:

I guess better late than never. I suspect this was more about next year than it was about the rest of this year.
I suspect it's that the losing streak mentally has taken its toll and EJ doesn't want to throw in the towel on the season, which is pretty easy to do at this point.

The message is for next year..."anything less than 110% is not acceptable". For this year- the players got to go back on a snowy Sunday and play video games.

Seniors could easily go the other way and mail in the last game for a coach that just angered and embarrassed them.

Originally posted by mikebal9:
Seniors could easily go the other way and mail in the last game for a coach that just angered and embarrassed them.
Will be interesting to see how much fight is left in this group for the MD game. I have my own expectations and hope I'm wrong about it.

How many times is EJ going to send a message by sitting starters, pulling players and sending them home from practice before it becomes clear that either they refuse to get the message or EJ is having trouble getting it to them.

Originally posted by Aggs:
The bank teller must have overheard the Los Alamitos coach and snitched to Eddie ...
roll.r191677.gif

POTD!

Originally posted by willisneverrana43:
How many times is EJ going to send a message by sitting starters, pulling players and sending them home from practice before it becomes clear that either they refuse to get the message or EJ is having trouble getting it to them.
It is the culture of this program. Not sure if it is the players, coach, or both.

We have demonstrated early this year we can compete with anyone. We just haven't for a month and a half.

Year after year we have kids that would prosper in other programs morph into basketball zombies

Is it some thing in the NJ water?

Originally posted by Local Shill:
Tomorrow night we learn if 10, 35 and 2 really give a crap about 4 and 11.
If they do we'd better see balls to the wall for 2 hours.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
More importantly, does Sheridan give a crap about 4 and 11?

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
I don't get this.
What don't you get? You watch every game. You know the effort has been lacking at times on both ends of the floor.

Originally posted by knight82:

More importantly, does Sheridan give a crap about 4 and 11?
Could use a big game out of Sheridan tonight. Unfortunately he has been invisible all season.

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
I don't get this.
What don't you get? You watch every game. You know the effort has been lacking at times on both ends of the floor.
Are you saying 4 and 11 give more effort than the others? I certainly don't see it that way at all!

No, I'm saying I expect Myles and Kadeem to play tonight like their lives depend on it and I hope their cohorts follow suit.
Senior night will be forgotten with 18:43 left in 1st half. Unfortunately casual play is in the Rutgers basketball culture. The hope is a few shots go down early and the game stays close and the effort has a better chance of being there.

Originally posted by Section114:
The message is for next year..."anything less than 110% is not acceptable". For this year- the players got to go back on a snowy Sunday and play video games.
I don't know, wouldn't a stronger message be sent by extending practice or making them run wind sprints for a couple of hours? How does sending them home from practice reinforce the idea that they are not practicing hard enough.

Originally posted by cohwx:
Originally posted by Section114:
I don't know, wouldn't a stronger message be sent by extending practice or making them run wind sprints for a couple of hours? How does sending them home from practice reinforce the idea that they are not practicing hard enough.
Not unless he has totally lost the team (which i don't think he has at all). Throwing a team out of the gym is pretty powerful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT