ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant in the Room: IS Hafley interested?

It's a Big Ten job for a guy who has never sniffed a head coaching job at any level after have having a million jobs - of course he would be!

Would be a HUGE Ash-type mistake hire though!

Last edited:
We are "targeting" him, but is the interest mutual?

Every position coach, coordinator in the country will "say" they are interested. This is how they get buzz and raises. The problem comes when Hobbs tries to sign them. That's when he finds out this place is toxic and gets played over and over. I honestly believe he doesn't know this having been on the job a week when he hired Ash. We will get a coach, but it won't be a sexy hire. it's like having last pick in grade school...

Let's hope he is not interested - How anyone who is actually an RU football fan can support hiring another coach with no head coaching experience is beyond me. Could it work - possibly. Will it work in the B1G east - highly unlikely.

Reactions: SCILS02
If not, we just dodged a bullet. That’s like saying GS should take the TB job because it was too hard. Life is about opportunities. This is like Christmas came a month early.

Let's hope he is not interested - How anyone who is actually an RU football fan can support hiring another coach with no head coaching experience is beyond me. Could it work - possibly. Will it work in the B1G east - highly unlikely.

We need a young, rising HC who can motivate hs recruits to want to play for RU. Hafley can do that.

Can he run a B1G FB program? Who knows? Hobbs should make sure that someone on Hafley staff can make that happen.

This can work imo. Greg looks like a dinosaur compared to Hafley imo.

Reactions: RU677381
Of course he is interested. Fail or succeed here, just like Ash, he is set for life financially.

Pat Fitzgerald and Bill OBrien says hello. BTW, Hafley career is a little like OBriens career... FWIW.

Reactions: mikemarc1
Camp and Hafley are both Schiano coaching tree guys. You don't think they've been following this and the shitshow administration? They're going to talk to Greg directly too.No chance they come here. Have fun with Lance Leipold

A. Camp is barely interested in this payday and he is currently a LB coach with a history at this school. Hobbs and Barchi have made his job untouchable.

I once used that expression and my buddy's wife who had put on some lb's thought I was referring to her. I will never do that again

Hafley isn’t interested. It was floated by RU to get people off the schiano bandwagon flame posts.

I would question anyone who seriously considers RU now. With what they just did to Greg anyone interested is just here for the money.

According to what Hobbs has stated, if we really end up with a coach without head coaching experience, we will have failed to achieve the goal that was defined to be what he originally set out to achieve. If such a coach is hired, it is not beyond the realms of comprehension that there could be some success over time, but it would certainly be a deviation of Hobbs original strategy! Why aren’t there names of some of the 120 or so championship division coaches in the mix? Very discouraging!

This has nothing to do with whether I would support a promoted coordinator if named head coach. I will try. Clearly though, we would be settling. Hobbs said that this is an attractive job very recently!!! Was he right or Wrong???

He’ll have better opportunities elsewhere. Young enough to think about a career and not a paycheck. Why would he get involved with this toxic wasteland. Think retread who’s desperate or someone that gets fired or has worn out his welcome.

So sad. The RU fanbase is like an abused animal. No matter how a scumbag like Hobbs shits on it, they keep comin back for scraps.

So a day after Hobbs pulls his Machiavellian bullshit, everybody's ready to hire a cheap, inexperienced DC from a conference rival.

Hobbs wins, we lose. Rutgers loses. Hobbs must feel pretry invincible right now.

Reactions: superfan01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT