ADVERTISEMENT

EO commits to Oregon

fef3x.jpg

this needs to stop.... you all look like a bunch of school girls/boys who got dumped right before prom... Good for Gene. you need to treat him like every high school relationship... ignore him and he will regret it. the minute Rutgers gets to the ncaa tournament and oregon doesn't or he doesn't play or things dont go well he will immediately regret his decision. to be honest regardless of what happens at oregon, the minute rutgers gets to tournament and espn does a feature for finally getting back or bruce beck has the team on tv or cbs has them going nuts on selection sunday with harper, baker, mathis, johnson, etc... getting all the credit and publicity for finally getting rutgers back to ncaa tournament he will regret it. He didnt leave because he doesnt like us he left because the other girl was better looking right now. That is NEVER under any circumstance the right thing to do and he will learn the hard way.

that being said he stepped into a very tough situation.

knees are knees. knee problems like his just dont go away with rest. keep in mind he has hurt his knees multiple times. he can rest and rehab but he will still have the same issues. the damage has been done.

Oregon will reload with nba talent. Gene is not an NBA player. NBA talent doesnt just stop coming. By hook or by crook oregon will get the talent. Gene will sit the down year out and then most likely will compete against nba talent his second year. you can only play 5 guys in basketball. he has an uphill battle in front of him.

Good for Gene but oregon is not a lock this year and if he is getting major minutes oregon will not be a lock next year. he should have done what nigel did. go to a guaranteed winning program and be the 8th or 9th man.

Seriously, I loved Eugene as a player here and he was arguably our best player. However, do people really think he’s the caliber of player that schools are going to cheat to get for one year?
Carino absolutely believes he is.

I wish him luck but hope we can make the dance without him. I just think as a captain he let the team down but it is his life.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Oregon snatched Lewis King last year out of the blue. Next thing you know, King's family are all moving out to Oregon. Hmmm

Reactions: Scangg and dkostus
Oregon snatched Lewis King last year out of the blue. Next thing you know, King's family are all moving out to Oregon. Hmmm
They have essentially unlimited sports funding. All they have to do is figure out how they're laundering it. Its actually shocking they don't do even better in recruiting.

NIT --- Yes in 2019-2020.

This team is still very young and still lacks a lot of game experience. We are talking about major roles for 5 Sophmores and 1 True Freshmen.... They have Talent, but are very young.

I think this is the Tourney Team: 2020-2021. Year 5, 1 year before Willard at Seton Hall.

Baker, Kiss, Young - Seniors

Harper, Mathis, McConnell, Johnson, Doucoure - Junior's.

Mulcahy- Soph...maybe, Lok Wur?

Freshmen......hopefully a few from this list....Josh Hall, Clifford Omoruyi, Isaiah Cottrell, Coleman Hawkins, Martice Mitchell

The 2020 class is our Rutgers basketball great window of opportunity. Need to capitalize with big time talent.

I mean even you have to admit this situation is pretty absurd. It's so obvious what actually went down.
Yes it is quite absurd. When Rich text me about it at 12:27 a.m. on May 29, my reply was "Wtf."

Posting on IG in the middle of the night was just flat out stupid I can't even conceive why EO thought that was a good idea.

@kcg88 and I, and maybe a couple more, did not think Providence was a factor here. However those mob mentality days at the end of May were a good read.
Who cares? The bigger question is why Oregon would want a player so easily replaced at RU. And to wait a year for him. They did RU a favor. If I were an Oregon university (sic) fan, I’d be livid. Yet they are celebrating as if they landed Yeboah. If they only knew!
Every program needs role players. Oregon had huge holes in its roster due to early entrants. Getting a starter from a program in a much better conference, in June, is worth celebrating.
I’d go with Carino’s instinct any day of the week.
I am not necessarily disagreeing with him but...
A. I do not think it is his instincts. I believe he was told.
B. I just think his reaction to tampering is humorous considering how long he has covered college basketball. He writes and talks about it like he has been in a coma for 20 years and someone just handed him an iPhone.

I'm pretty sure that someone was tampered with by the time you finished reading this sentence.

Bottom line is the kid is gone. He didn't want to be at RU anymore. I think he made a terrible mistake.

The PAC-12 was a weak conference this year. Still need a couple of rebuild to build them back up. That means Oregon may have a chance to make NCAA quicker than some B1G teams. Oregon also pays more.

Id like to say I wish him well,but sorry,I dont with the move he pulled this late.

I'm glad this is over. I appreciate what EO did here for three years, however, the way he left leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Now we can just focus on RU and the players who are committed to the program.

He is certainly a big loss. But his exit leaves a big opportunity for the returning players. I hope guys like Duke, Shaq Carter, and Myles Johnson seize that opportunity for minutes and touches inside. I'm confident Yeboah will play well and make an impact.

Reactions: Treeman
I love how tampering is the hot new thing for Carino. It is almost like he never knew that it existed before.

Doesn't make it right. With the black eyes the sport has been getting lately, and those which are about to come (can't say much more), you'd have to think the NCAA is going to do their best to clean this stuff up.

Doesn't make it right. With the black eyes the sport has been getting lately, and those which are about to come (can't say much more), you'd have to think the NCAA is going to do their best to clean this stuff up.
I agree, it is not right. It is really difficult to prove. Also, it doesn't only happen in men's basketball.

Sorry no one paid for him. And I thought y’all had the scoundrels at Providence tampering and stealing him?
Nope the only team the tamper with him was oregon. I found out the day he announced his transfer. You are correct, he did not get paid. Eugene and he inner circle dont need money, he cant be bought. However Mennenga is good friends with him new trainer in Canada who got in his ear and arranged the whole thing. He went to A&M just to make it look like oregon wasnt pre-arranged
Punk move by him and his so called posse but karma has a weird way of showing up when you least expect or want it.

Better degree ... RU or Oregon?
I hate this thought process.

1. It depends. If the kid wants to work for Nike, then Oregon is a million times better.
  2. Guys that are playing at Eugene’s level are (in general) thinking one thing. NBA.
  3. Degrees for the most part are losing their value. In general, a state school is a state school. Once you get past the top tier public schools, there isn’t much difference on a national scale. Obviously regionally is a different discussion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT