ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball ***F Mawot Mag to miss rest of season with knee injury***

Aron Cruishank on the football team had surgery last year in late November / early December and was playing in a game on September 1st. Practicing at full strength in August.

ACL in the old days was 1 year plus. Not anyone. It's 9-10 months unless it's multiple tears.

Aron Cruishank on the football team had surgery last year in late November / early December and was playing in a game on September 1st. Practicing at full strength in August.

ACL in the old days was 1 year plus. Not anyone. It's 9-10 months unless it's multiple tears.
Point taken about the recovery time... Was he just as fast, and did he have the same lateral quickness and change of direction ability as he had before the injury? I remember someone in the forum questioning that this past season.

We played entire second half with out Mag, and actually had a better half. Certainly not saying we can maintain that going forward, but it’s encouraging. Hyatt to start, it’s the bench that will suffer.
That's bc Paul and others stepped up. Mag was the best player on the team first half

He's not missing the season next year. I'd bet a beer on that one.
At this point you have to make contingency plans just in case. Yes he could be back pre 2023 but everyone heals differently. What is factual and undeniable in surgeries for this type of injury everyone is different. . This type of surgery (ACL) is light years better than 5-10 years ago. Muchof the recovery success will hinge on the patient’s willingness to push through those many tough days of no improvements. Mawot will be fine but I’m thinking more like post December 2023.

That sucks. I was really hoping to be wrong about what I saw on the replay. But it was pretty obvious to those of us who've seen it before.

Damn. I feel awful for Mag. Injuries can be extremely depressing for athletes, and he's had more than his fair share.
Yep, you and I both said about the same thing in the game thread: non-contact fouls where someone lands awkwardly are often serious injuries.

Don’t understand Simpson time?
He plays a completely different position and subs for our 3 guards?
Same with Miller, you can’t actually be thinking about taking the ball out of Paul’s hands by moving him can you?
See. He is our 5th best basketball player and Pike trusts only 5 guys to play man to man and he is the 5th. The ending unit finally stopped IU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT