ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites from Tonight

RAC93

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2023
One of my favorites from this game was the overall toughness they showed as a team. This was by far the most likable and enjoyable to watch this team has been all year. Showed actual heart and a will to win. My other favorite was Pike took a technical….AMEN, Hallelujah……been calling for this for weeks. Taking a technical at home can give the team a jolt and it tends to help even out the foul calls when playing at home. Pike had to get teed up tonight, had to be done after Cliff got mugged.

Yes, but he was fouled in the act of shooting twice (once on a 2-pt attempt and once on a 3), and he sunk 4 foul shots on those two plays. So in a sense he was 5-15 (still not great but not as bad), with 14 points, 8 assists and 8 rebounds. Not to mention 2 FTs to seal it at the end. So, a great night all around.

I thought Simpson played with poise and actually displayed winning leadership. We haven’t seen much of it this year. He ran the offense (8 assists), played with toughness (8 rebounds), and chased Tominaga around to help slow him down. We know he’s not a great shooter, so he did miss shots, but for one of the few times this year he was a leader tonight. (Along with others as Mag and Cliff showed great leadership tonight).

I thought Simpson played with poise and actually displayed winning leadership. We haven’t seen much of it this year. He ran the offense (8 assists), played with toughness (8 rebounds), and chased Tominaga around to help slow him down. We know he’s not a great shooter, so he did miss shots, but for one of the few times this year he was a leader tonight. (Along with others as Mag and Cliff showed great leadership tonight).
He was great on D and rebounding. Net net he was bad offensively again. Yes he got 8 assists, but again bad shot selection and flings at the rim. You cant put your head down and not even look at passing angles. He sid have one really nice pass off of a drive along baseline.

His stamp was definitrly on the game with his D and rebounding

He got lucky that his travel with under four seconds left didn't cost his team the game.
Definitely showed some ability tonight...especially on that one pass to Mag running the baseline to the hoop.

Reactions: RW90
One of my favorites from this game was the overall toughness they showed as a team. This was by far the most likable and enjoyable to watch this team has been all year. Showed actual heart and a will to win. My other favorite was Pike took a technical….AMEN, Hallelujah……been calling for this for weeks. Taking a technical at home can give the team a jolt and it tends to help even out the foul calls when playing at home. Pike had to get teed up tonight, had to be done after Cliff got mugged.
Agree 100% except for the brutality of watching RU’s free throw shooting throughout regulation.

Reactions: megadrone
So what. He also shut down Tominaga when he was covering him.
So, he needs to improve his shooting, or make a few more passes instead of charging into the paint with his head down for a tough/blocked layup. Strong game except for his shooting %, needs to make 3-4 more shots or passes to be a star.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Defense down the stretch was amazing. Guys were defending hard out to above the three point line. Just what the doctor ordered against a team of good deep-shooters like Nebraska has.

He got lucky that his travel with under four seconds left didn't cost his team the game.
Definitely showed some ability tonight...especially on that one pass to Mag running the baseline to the hoop.
He actually had 3-4 great passes including the one to Mag but also a no look pass to Cliff for a dunk . One thing I hope he corrects is he sometimes celebrates too long after making a shot while the opponent is running past him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT