ADVERTISEMENT

Feeding off Springsteen Thread

greenknight

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2001
The one thing I would really like to see as a Rutgers and NJ fan....Hobbs be able to get Springsteen, Bon.jovi and all other successful recording acts to rally for Rutgers & NJ and get the state GREAT again. They've made millions upon millions of dollars singing obout NJ how about stepping up and make RU great which will go a long way to making NJ great it's all about HOME it's a shame these guys care about everything else but HOME. The right person can sell the vision and Hobbs is that person. I believe they can make some hit songs about our state and RU

1st step get them to RU games in luxury boxes. Show them the good that RU is doing for the student athlete show them how that hood is translating to state pride etc....We need a couple influential faces of the program, the school and NJ. If these guys want to pa t their home state to the fullest the B1G and RU will allow them to attain their dreams of doing so

The one thing I would really like to see as a Rutgers and NJ fan....Hobbs be able to get Springsteen, Bon.jovi and all other successful recording acts to rally for Rutgers & NJ and get the state GREAT again. They've made millions upon millions of dollars singing obout NJ how about stepping up and make RU great which will go a long way to making NJ great it's all about HOME it's a shame these guys care about everything else but HOME. The right person can sell the vision and Hobbs is that person. I believe they can make some hit songs about our state and RU
Those two would not do that. Right now the way Springsteen is acting is embarrassing the state.

You are asking the Diversity conscious duo of John Bon J and Bruce ( sell my soul to the Devil ) Springsteen get off their liberal agenda and help Rutgers?...delusion seems to be running rampant these days ...the only time diversity by libs is discussed is when it fits their way ....there is no other side to the discussion...that is why their continuous preaching turns many a deaf ear...Bruce should get down on his knees each day and thank the Almighty for his good fortune....for had he not been gifted in his musicality this " barely made it out of high school " guitar strummer would be a nobody.

Springsteen & Bon Jovi represent NEW JERSEY

Rutgers tries at every opportunity to mask it's NJ ties.

If you want NJ residents to have state pride in Rutgers, first get Rutgers to have some state pride in New Jersey.

...the only time diversity by libs is discussed is when it fits their way ....there is no other side to the discussion....

I'm sorry......what exactly is the other side in a discussion of diversity..... "Let's keep things vanilla" ?

Reactions: Phi_1055
I'm sorry......what exactly is the other side in a discussion of diversity..... "Let's keep things vanilla" ?

That's the question I often ask. Apart from the fringe reparations loonies, diversity is simply about engaging 100% of our population in society, business, culture, etc. and not just 30% (white males). I have a hard time understanding being "against" diversity. Perhaps some of the anti-diversity crowd could explain...

I'd be happy just to associate the team with the Jersey Shore sound. The band plays "Talk to Me" and that's cool. I think we could actually work something out with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. That sounds do-able. And they have the sound you're looking for. It's more than just Springsteen.

Agree with all....Huge Springsteen fan for years until he thought he should think for everyone...but still very influential to hundreds of thousands in NJ and beyond millions...
Sure would like him to step up for RU and NJ rather than BC. He's lived off the backs of New Jerseyans for years he should invest back into RU and NJ.....at least Bon Jovi was speaker at RU Camden last year. I think huge mistake on RU s part he should have headed New Brunswick grad ceremonies and walked around the campus and shown all the great things happening at RU both athletically and Academically

Agree with all....Huge Springsteen fan for years until he thought he should think for everyone...but still very influential to hundreds of thousands in NJ and beyond millions...
Sure would like him to step up for RU and NJ rather than BC. He's lived off the backs of New Jerseyans for years he should invest back into RU and NJ.....at least Bon Jovi was speaker at RU Camden last year. I think huge mistake on RU s part he should have headed New Brunswick grad ceremonies and walked around the campus and shown all the great things happening at RU both athletically and Academically
You're starting to understand why so many aren't impressed by that fraud Springsteen. He already has his pet projects, the State U of his hometown isn't one of them, and won't be one of them, no matter how badly his nuthugging fans want it to be.

I'd be happy just to associate the team with the Jersey Shore sound. The band plays "Talk to Me" and that's cool. I think we could actually work something out with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. That sounds do-able. And they have the sound you're looking for. It's more than just Springsteen.

The funny thing is that Van Zandt and Springsteen wrote many of Southsides bigger hits.

I wasn't a huge fan at all but then he started his trash talking basically against my beliefs and those of half the population. I don't need to pay to sit in his audience being verbally pissed on for my beliefs. I just want to listen to music and be entertained not told how to think.

Reactions: wheezer
I wasn't a huge fan at all but then he started his trash talking basically against my beliefs and those of half the population. I don't need to pay to sit in his audience being verbally pissed on for my beliefs. I just want to listen to music and be entertained not told how to think.
---
I have been to a number of his concerts but prefer not to go anymore, knowing he brings up his political leanings.... many years ago he did not cross that line at a concert, one time at a concert I was at he just said that we all should look at was going on in the world, and think carefully before voting.... but shortly after that he crossed over to direct support of each dem that ran.

as far as helping RU, as far as I can see he never mentions us, good or bad... I suspect he might have some old grievance against RU from a long ago
concert he might have given there, just a guess.... maybe not.

I know he did a concert at Penn state right at the time of their worst,
with the Sandusky thing.... someone said it was scheduled well in advance of the scandal being public..... but he did not cancel for that

---
I have been to a number of his concerts but prefer not to go anymore, knowing he brings up his political leanings.... many years ago he did not cross that line at a concert, one time at a concert I was at he just said that we all should look at was going on in the world, and think carefully before voting.... but shortly after that he crossed over to direct support of each dem that ran.
My favorite Bruce concert was during the first night of the Rising tour at the Meadowlands arena. He was singing "Empty Sky", a song about the 9/11 attacks. One of the lines is "I want an eye for an eye" and the entire arena erupted with cheers & started chanting "USA!!!! USA!!!! USA!!!" The SOB stopped the song, and berated the crowd for it. I think he wound up changing the lyrics after it was happening at every show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT