ADVERTISEMENT

Feels Good Owning Indiana:

I noticed this year that every opposing coach is giving high praise to Coach Pike and RU during the post game. The common theme is they all seem to be rooting for him.

Reactions: Scangg
We don't "own" Indiana. We beat them at our place and they beat us at theirs. I'm hoping that changes next year and we get one at their place but until then...

Were pretty evenly matched - and yes, I know we won in the B1G tourney a couple years ago.
We already played them at THEIR place?! Wow, I must have slept through that one. What day is it today anyway?

Why would anyone
A. read another teams website
B. get upset about it

I like reading other teams' websites before and after our games, but I don't get upset about what they say. There are usually at least a few sane posters there (like we have a few here) who give honest appraisals of their team - strengths/weaknesses, who's doing well, who's struggling, etc. Also interesting to see perspectives of where we are (from grudging praise to baldfaced sneering) - both before and after games.

Sometimes there are honest questions that I've answered (like on the Indiana board, one poster was legitimately curious as to how our players were rated coming out of HS, feeling their own board was a bit too star-fixated) - but I try to keep it factual and avoid starting/joining any arguments.

After reading the posts on their message board, they are garbage. Just like Northwestern fans are also a$$holes who sneer at us. Those two teams can’t lose enough.
Recently, they had a thread on their board about Paul Mulcahy. They are salty about his play, and then they gave excuses. They said Paul wanted to commit to them, but he didn't have the grades to get in. Rutgers was his safety school. Who the "F" is Northwestern to talk sh*t especially in basketball when comparing history?

This is why I don't care for any of the B1G schools (fans). A-holes will be A-holes.

Yeah plus Archie is the one of the biggest babies on the sideline so its always nice to see him squirm. Only coach that comes across worse is Fran Mccaffery

Fran Mccaffery....now there’s a real crybaby for you. Love to see him lose it with the refs and then have to be held back by his assistants.

Last edited:
Sports Illustrated Hoosier Maven
Another Road Loss For Indiana at Rutgers
"Being on the road seems to bring out the worst in Indiana. It happened again Wednesday night at Rutgers, when the Hoosiers lost 59-50 — and looked bad doing it.The 50 points scored was Indiana's lowest total of the season."

Sports Illustrated Hoosier Maven
Another Road Loss For Indiana at Rutgers
"Being on the road seems to bring out the worst in Indiana. It happened again Wednesday night at Rutgers, when the Hoosiers lost 59-50 — and looked bad doing it.The 50 points scored was Indiana's lowest total of the season."

I would take no offense to this...... they barely got to 50 when averaging well above, something like 16 turnovers etc. can easily see how they think that

We already played them at THEIR place?! Wow, I must have slept through that one. What day is it today anyway?

I think it was reported we have beaten them 3 out of 4 times, maybe we played them there a couple of years ago for that loss?

Recently, they had a thread on their board about Paul Mulcahy. They are salty about his play, and then they gave excuses. They said Paul wanted to commit to them, but he didn't have the grades to get in. Rutgers was his safety school. Who the "F" is Northwestern to talk sh*t especially in basketball when comparing history?

This is why I don't care for any of the B1G schools (fans). A-holes will be A-holes.

I think part of the reason why schools have this attitude towards Rutgers is because we’re supposed to be the ‘perennial doormat’ and ‘basement dwellers’ in many sports, with emphasis on basketball. This season is especially daunting because now that we’re beating and overtaking more than a few teams, they’re now realizing they might be stuck in the conference 10-14 range for the foreseeable future, as they now have to climb over Rutgers.

Although I will give many fan bases credit as some are praising our team this season and saying it’s not the old Rutgers.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I think it was reported we have beaten them 3 out of 4 times, maybe we played them there a couple of years ago for that loss?
Yeah, we lost at their place towards the end of last season. Just thought it was funny that the poster I was replying to was speaking like it happened this season.

Not sure if serious but yes, we have played them multiple times at their place and lost every time. You can't "own" someone if you can't beat them even once at their place.if you want to see what getting owned looks like, see MSU owning us.

Yeah, we lost at their place towards the end of last season. Just thought it was funny that the poster I was replying to was speaking like it happened this season.
I can see how you may interpret it that way but no, that's not what I was saying. I thought it was obvious I was talking about a period of time beyond just this year because no serious person would suggest "owning" another team after a single win. And once you go back farther than just this year you see we lost the previous game. So that's not "owning" either.

Reactions: DirtyRU
I would take no offense to this...... they barely got to 50 when averaging well above, something like 16 turnovers etc. can easily see how they think that

They also couldn't hit the ocean from a rowboat with their three point attempts. A lot were contested, but there were some wide the hell open threes that didn't even draw iron. Just ice cold from outside all game. Their star big sat most of the end of the game because he couldn't get anything going against us. It's also possible the environment and crowd and defensive intensity had them rattled, so they were tight even when they got open looks. Definitely looked bad.... part of that was us making them look bad, part of it was just looking bad all on their own.

It feels great. Last year at the RAC we had a full row of Hoosiers behind us complete with clown pants. Making all types of snarky remarks and it was terrible as we lost by 20. Bought the student section pass for PSU/ Indiana and it was great. Stood most of time and very few Hoosier fans seen and the revenge beat down was great.

I just wish they had better teams. It's starting to get boring facing their team. They are poorly coached. I'd much prefer watching a good match than a one sided one.

We don't "own" Indiana. We beat them at our place and they beat us at theirs. I'm hoping that changes next year and we get one at their place but until then...

Were pretty evenly matched - and yes, I know we won in the B1G tourney a couple years ago.

We are 3-1 against Indiana. And we are better than them.

Hoosier Daddy?!?

After reading the posts on their message board, they are garbage. Just like Northwestern fans are also a$$holes who sneer at us. Those two teams can’t lose enough.

If you feel real ballsy then why not post this thread on the Indiana MBB board? Good way to find out how IU fans view RU MBB.

The responses from IU fans will be priceless!

Are you trying to be as arrogant as their fans have been, or is it just the kind of person you naturally are?

Try to show some class!!!

Are you trying to be as arrogant as their fans have been, or is it just the kind of person you naturally are?

Try to show some class!!!

Gotta agree. This adolescent chest thumping is pretty sad. If MSU fans read this they'd probably be laughing at us. If being 3-1 in the last 4 but never winning at IU is "owning", what the hell do we call what UM, Purdue and MSU are doing to us? Or PSU in football?

Cue Ving Rhames from Pulp Fiction "gonna get midieval on their ass".

All I ask is can we please just have some perspective?? We have accomplished nothing yet. Haven't even clinched a winning season. Just look at PSU - they get ranked then lose 3 in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT