ADVERTISEMENT

First Coaches Panel Rankings (1/24/2019)

Nice.....if collucci was not injured, we would have 7,
I am worried about Grello getting a bid for the B10

Aragona has a shot to move into top 33
#31: Fillius (Purdue)
#29: Lipari (Rider) and
#33 Mattin (Michigan)
are almost must wins.

Looks like he will need to beat fillius or Mattin to make it to the NCAA this year.
Dylan Duncan is #13 from Illinois and should be a 6 seed in the B10.

Reactions: MS-RU
Nice.....if collucci was not injured, we would have 7,
I am worried about Grello getting a bid for the B10

Aragona has a shot to move into top 33
#31: Fillius (Purdue)
#29: Lipari (Rider) and
#33 Mattin (Michigan)
are almost must wins.

Looks like he will need to beat fillius or Mattin to make it to the NCAA this year.
Dylan Duncan is #13 from Illinois and should be a 6 seed in the B10.

Yup. The opportunity for Aragona is in front of him. He just needs to go out and wrestle.

Hopefully Colucci is back after this weekend and can get back at it. He is approaching 2 months without wrestling.

Right now looks like we have 5 wrestlers with a chance to make the Dance. I'm assuming Grello would need to be back in time for the B1G Tourney to earn a spot in the NCAAs as well as Colucci. Aragona needs some resume wins to get in...last night was a start. If Angelo can string some wins like he did last night, he has a shot to make it in at 149 as well.

Last edited:
Yup. The opportunity for Aragona is in front of him. He just needs to go out and wrestle.

Hopefully Colucci is back after this weekend and can get back at it. He is approaching 2 months without wrestling.
I'll be honest I'd rather see Correnti in there. I think if he could pack on 15 or 20 extra (although 10lbs is more realistic) he could be a legit threat to qualify for the NCAA. I'm just not feeling it with Colucci. Nice kid, but not aggressive, and certainly not physical enough to be a top 15 kid.

Definites: Aguilar, Alvarez, Pagano
Likely: Janzer, Colucci/Correnti

I think the other 5 all have a shot though. Aragona gets in if he can win the next few matches. Dinner being ranked in the top 33 surprised me but I guess he has a good chance if he just beats who he’s favored against. MVB and Angelo have some work to do and Grello has to get healthy. That said, I doubt all 5 get in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT