ADVERTISEMENT

First Time in 45 Years—Back to Back NCAAs

Bullshit, absolute bullshit. We were an NCAA team and there ought to be a banner for it at the RAC. Do you really need some stupid external validation that we were an 8/9 seed last year? I don't. We were a very good team and we were in, finishing strong and ready to make some noise. Not our fault COVID happened.

There was no bracket released..no tournament

Rutgers fan since 1976 and season ticket holder since 1983. I count it. If others don’t want to, that is up to them. Congratulations to Coach Pike and Players for making it to the tournament again !
You’re really small time. No pride at all.

I don't really give a shit if there was a tournament last year with regard to this discussion. The only question you have to answer is, do you think we were a mortal lock for the tournament or not? And unless you're a moron, the answer to that would be yes. And if the answer to that is yes, then we were a tourney team last year. I felt all the things I feel today after beating MD and certainly after beating Purdue on the road last year. Go back and read those threads. We were in. Why do you need external validation to say we were a tourney team? I don't.
That’s cause you’re insecure.

Stop w the 2 years in a row nonsense..if they get a first round win, will you say its the first tournament win since '83?? If so, they lost last year? No selection, no tournament bid..cut the shit

Bullshit, absolute bullshit. We were an NCAA team and there ought to be a banner for it at the RAC. Do you really need some stupid external validation that we were an 8/9 seed last year? I don't. We were a very good team and we were in, finishing strong and ready to make some noise. Not our fault COVID happened.
You seriously want a banner hung? What round? Did they win or lose? I just wanna make sure I know when to celebrate the "first" When they finally make it further..so dumb

Last edited:
They would have made the tournament last year, but there was no bracket released (nor should there have been....why waste time creating something that wasn't happening and when major conference tournament hadn't played out to settle the bubble?)

It's funny when people complain about the 'participation trophy' generation, but are then the same people saying teams should hang banners for non-existent tournaments that never occurred.

I can't believe you're being so ridiculous about this. Do you not acknowledge we were a lock last year for at least a 9 seed even if we lost in the first round of the B1G tourney? If you acknowledge that, then how can you not say we would have danced and not give credit to the team for it? We can have a banner for any friggin' thing we want and I will be amazed if we don't get one after this season - I wouldn't have put a banner up this year, as I wouldn't have wanted the team to be less hungry, but if I were Pike, I'd put both banners up before next season, as we earned them. Considering what I've already "funded" at RU, a banner would be loose change, so yeah maybe I will.
Is that like everyone gets a Trophy . Sure we had a very good season and yes probably were a lock however it’s like horseshoes close but no cigar. We were very close to blowing this game and needing to win a definite 2 games in the B1G tourney. The banner for last year sorry that would be a no . Would be nice to see one for 2021.

You seriously want a banner hung? What round? Did they win or lose? I just wanna make sure I know when to celebrate the "first" When they finally make it further..so dumb
If we’re gonna hang a banner may as well go all out and add final four and National champs to it because anything could have happened

Maybe women’s volleyball can hang a banner for last years BIG championship too, heck every team from last winter should hang a banner!

Reactions: RUBOB72
The other side of this argument is saying Coach P has only made the tournament once in five years as HC. I believe that statement is more (much more?) incorrect than saying RU made back to back tournaments.

The other side of this argument is saying Coach P has only made the tournament once in five years as HC. I believe that statement is more (much more?) incorrect than saying RU made back to back tournaments.

Who is saying this?

Pikiell should be evaluated as if last year was a tournament year. I just think that's different than saying it actually was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT