ADVERTISEMENT

Football recruits

Are there still offices above the lobby? Would make a nice recruiting lounge, but as with FB they still need seats once the game starts right?

Football rules all. Critical for the school on almost every level to get the program back to being top 20. Will help everything.

Reactions: beaced
I still can’t get over this thread.

People resent Schiano for bringing recruits to the game.

And complain in the fall when we’re outgunned on the football field.

Something has gotta give…

I was a student in 2006. There was tremendous student demand for the Louisville game, and not everyone got to go. That’s life.

bac in the day, we had to get our student tickets monthly not just pick them up at the game..that made sure that people who really made the effort to go to the game would get first pick

we often waited in long lines that wrapped into the side hallways at the rac at 8AM with 4 ids

You can’t take 1/3 of the student section. And you can’t take the first 4 rows. Shameful.

As posted by someone at the game:

Place was packed. And yes many cheerleader and band and dance team senior parents were there. Maybe only 3 full rows football say 60 seats. The rest were parents of seniors. Good for RU

So we should just ignore all the other integral parts to the game day experience and not have seats set aside for their parents either? All students were allowed in per Jerry Carino so doesn't that make everything moot?

I love RUnfootball and Basketball and have season tix to voth. But the football recruits at a big game at the RAC has always been a pet peeve of mine too. Mostly because they take up a lot of space and are too cool to cheer so they mostly just sit on their hands.

I’d like for recruiting trips to the RAC to be a bit more high valued.

Something where the truly ELITE level recruits are the ones that get to attend games in the RAC as recruits. (Conference games only?)

Reactions: bac2therac
Easy Solution.... Tell Schiano when he is fighting for the 4th Spot in the entire B1G Conference in football he can get as many seats as he wants !!! 🤗🤗

Until then, "Let my People (students) Go !

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
I was in the student section behind the band and that’s where the extra students were - people were standing in both the row and on the benches (ie if you were standing in your row, you couldn’t sit down on the bench behind you because people were standing on it) … I.e. twice as many people than seats

I was in the student section behind the band and that’s where the extra students were - people were standing in both the row and on the benches (ie if you were standing in your row, you couldn’t sit down on the bench behind you because people were standing on it) … I.e. twice as many people than seats
Que up the ledger story, Jersey Mike’s arena is a fire hazard or Rutgers ignore fire code or Rutgers puts sports over safety of students.

I still can’t get over this thread.

People resent Schiano for bringing recruits to the game.

And complain in the fall when we’re outgunned on the football field.

Something has gotta give…

I was a student in 2006. There was tremendous student demand for the Louisville game, and not everyone got to go. That’s life.
It is part of the recruiting game and Schiano is taking good advantage of it. If it helps us acquire a desired player I don’t see the harm in it.

With so little positive energy and gameday experience to show football recruits, it's great to have the RAC to show these kids what Rutgers can be like if we get it going in football. I'm all for using our assets to support football recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT