ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Suggestions for BBall seating at Syracuse

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Going to the game next week vs. FSU up in Fruitland
Have only been for football

For hoops, looks like the seating behind the benches is the best bet
109 is directly behind the bench is the odds on favorite, as 110 appears to be too much to the side
First couple of rows appear ideal

Across from the benches doesn't look as appealing as they have the courtside seating then regular seats
I sit in row 5 at the Rac, and for bball I prefer closer if possible

Any suggestions?
Was also looking at first 2 rows of 200 level but it looks far from the court

I would start by pulling up StubHub. You can just get the window open and leave it for now, it will become relevant later. Then, I would recommend you open your preferred maps app, could be Google, Apple, Waze, etc. Then, once you have your maps app pulled up, type in “JMA Wireless Dome,” which is the name of their arena. Used to be the Carrier Dome but they changed the name. Once that’s loaded in the app, you should look about 250 miles southeast of that location for “Jersey Mike’s Arena,” go back to the StubHub window you have open, buy some Rutgers tickets and route yourself there instead of going to Syracuse in the winter (between the months of September and May).

I would start by pulling up StubHub. You can just get the window open and leave it for now, it will become relevant later. Then, I would recommend you open your preferred maps app, could be Google, Apple, Waze, etc. Then, once you have your maps app pulled up, type in “JMA Wireless Dome,” which is the name of their arena. Used to be the Carrier Dome but they changed the name. Once that’s loaded in the app, you should look about 250 miles southeast of that location for “Jersey Mike’s Arena,” go back to the StubHub window you have open, buy some Rutgers tickets and route yourself there instead of going to Syracuse in the winter (between the months of September and May).
Unfortunately I have to be up there for work, hence timing it with a hoops game

I have never been there for hoops or football. Doesn't look like a great place for hoops viewing. Now that the dynamic of their hoops program is changing, I wonder how they approach things in the future. Keep the Dome and re-configure it so it's better for basketball viewing or find a way to build a basketball-focused facility?

I have never been there for hoops or football. Doesn't look like a great place for hoops viewing. Now that the dynamic of their hoops program is changing, I wonder how they approach things in the future. Keep the Dome and re-configure it so it's better for basketball viewing or find a way to build a basketball-focused facility?
Yeah looks weird for hoops

being that we used to play them on the regular, I assumed a few posters had been up there and could offer advice

I should’ve known the majority of this board does not venture outside Piscataway, let alone come to our own home games

Reactions: Bayonnebomber79

109 is directly behind the bench is the odds on favorite, as 110 appears to be too much to the side

Across from the benches doesn't look as appealing as they have the courtside seating then regular seats

Any suggestions?
Stub Hub, SeatGeek can be good sources to get tickets, BUT check with 'Cuse site first to see if they have a preferred provider or official provider and use that broker so you get the actual ticket and not be scammed. Also, some sites will show court/field view from select seats so you get rough idea of seating view. Its worked well for me when I visit stadiums/arenas in other places.

Yeah looks weird for hoops

being that we used to play them on the regular, I assumed a few posters had been up there and could offer advice

I should’ve known the majority of this board does not venture outside Piscataway, let alone come to our own home games
I wouldn't go that far about leaving Piscataway, just not interested in visiting Syracuse. Ran through there on the way home from seeing Greg's first game in Buffalo and was not interested in returning.

Stub Hub, SeatGeek can be good sources to get tickets, BUT check with 'Cuse site first to see if they have a preferred provider or official provider and use that broker so you get the actual ticket and not be scammed. Also, some sites will show court/field view from select seats so you get rough idea of seating view. Its worked well for me when I visit stadiums/arenas in other places.
Ok cool I’ll do that, thx bud

I wouldn't go that far about leaving Piscataway, just not interested in visiting Syracuse. Ran through there on the way home from seeing Greg's first game in Buffalo and was not interested in returning.
Yeah, it’s not exactly a destination, and in the winter it’s awfully depressing

Reactions: ScarletDave
Opted for Section 110, behind the bench in the corner
Was going to do 109 which is a closer to mid court, but the rows available were higher up and for bball, I prefer sitting lower

Reactions: #1 RUFan

Syracuse is back to being the only D1 college basketball team that plays in a football stadium, after Idaho just built a beautiful new arena of all wood and no longer plays at the 50 yard line in the Kibbie Dome:

images

You should've either asked on the Syracuse forum, or just googled "best sections in carrier dome for basketball game". I got a thread from Syracusefan from a couple years ago within one minute of typing that in. Their suggestions do not align with what you purchased FWIW.

You should've either asked on the Syracuse forum, or just googled "best sections in carrier dome for basketball game". I got a thread from Syracusefan from a couple years ago within one minute of typing that in. Their suggestions do not align with what you purchased FWIW.
Most of the Cuse fans I've come in contact with were super Douche

From the Rac takeover in 2009, to all the times they played us here in FB, and going up to Siberia in 2022 to watch the Noles lay the wood on them

Ironically, the nicest one I met was Boehiem - who I, prior to that meeting, always thought was an ahole

30,000 seats and 25,000 of them stink.
Which is why I was asking the board, as I imagine a few from here have been there
I sat behind BK at the Nebraska game and didn't think of asking him until after the game, he is a wealth of knowledge having been to countless venues

You should have opted to stay in the hotel to watch the Nuggets vs Celtics. How is a fat guy the best player in the NBA?

Any suggestions?
Reconsider your life choices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT