ADVERTISEMENT

For the college football videogamers

Not much works right for Rutgers, but we were definitely lucky that there was a void from 2014-2023 where no video game existed that captured the relative strengths of teams in college football.

I still have NCAA 13.

I was the WORST recruiter.
Made every single promise just get a commitment. Then deal with the fallout later.

Went undefeated with a freshman QB last year but the #1 HS QB wants a promise to start next year?
No problem. You got it kid.

So many transfers every year.

(Note - transfers didn't start in 2018 with the "Transfer Portal" despite what people seem to think)

Last edited:
Back around 2003 / 2004 when Joey Harrington and Carson Palmer were on the cover, I spent so many hours typing in players' names on those games, so the announcer would say them and I'd have the real guys for stats, embarrassingly enough. I would buy Phil Steele's football preview and get the rosters from there and spend days doing this.

Later, I found a dude online who did all this and would sell the memory card with the rosters all typed in, pretty cheaply too. Haha, it was much easier, but I never knew all t he players' names like I did when I wasted weeks of my life doing this myself. Good old PS2 days -- used to love these games, but video games are another lifetime ago now.

Back around 2003 / 2004 when Joey Harrington and Carson Palmer were on the cover, I spent so many hours typing in players' names on those games, so the announcer would say them and I'd have the real guys for stats, embarrassingly enough. I would buy Phil Steele's football preview and get the rosters from there and spend days doing this.

Later, I found a dude online who did all this and would sell the memory card with the rosters all typed in, pretty cheaply too. Haha, it was much easier, but I never knew all t he players' names like I did when I wasted weeks of my life doing this myself. Good old PS2 days -- used to love these games, but video games are another lifetime ago now.
I can justify the new time investment because I think I can get my two boys into it. Winning at parenting.

Finish this sentence: The game will be so realistic that…

Here is mine:

If Florida State goes undefeated, it cannot play for the national championship. :D

Back in the day I played this game soooo much. I don't have that kind of time now, but I'll definitely pick it up...so I can get trashed by 13 year olds online.
Ah, lobby game bros and their nano blitzes and money plays.

Good times... (I think?)

Reactions: Eagleton96
An early version, like 06, had a discipline feature. You got a message "Your player was late for class. Suspend him six games." If you didn't you got hit with probation.

I presume the real players are in this as that was what was NIL was suppose to be about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT