ADVERTISEMENT

Former RU Golfer in Korn Ferry Tour Qualifying Finals.

knightfan7

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2003
Manasquan, NJ
After failing to get a PGA Tour Card a couple months back, Chris Gotterup is in the field this week attempting to get entry into Korn Ferry Tour fournaments this coming season. The tournament starts tomorrow.

Gotterup had some success in a limited PGA Tour schedule this past summer and fall. He played in 10 events, 8 during the '22 season and 2 so far this season, making the Cut 7 times. His best finish was 4th at the John Deere Classic. He's earned $555,000 on Tour since turning pro in June.

He's mentioned as 10 players to watch in the article below....

Chris shot a 1st round 65 (-6) which puts him in a tie for 2nd Place with 2 other players. The leader is at -8.

Ih the round, Chris had 4 birdies in a row starting with his 6th hole. He was as low as -7 before a Bogey on this last hole.

It's been a rollercoaster first 3 rounds for Gotterup.

So far he's shot 66, 75, 64 for a 3 Round total of 204 (-9). His round today included 9 Birdies and 2 Bogeys. He's gone from T2 to T28 and back to T2.

He's 5 strokes behind the leader so 1st may be beyond reach but by finishing 2nd-10th he would be guaranteed entry in at least 12 Korn Ferry events in '23.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubaseball78
In first through 11 holes today at 14 underpar 5 straight birdies and 5 under so far today

Unfortunately he's listed as an Oklahoma golfer.
I've shown you before his PGA Tour profile which has been removed just today I guess because he's now a member of Korn Ferry listed his college as Rutgers because that's where he received his degree.

I don't see Oklahoma anywhere. Link?

Last edited:
He doubled the 16th hole and finished in a tie for 3rd
It was the 15th. He hit his drive into the deep rough and took 4 shots to get out. He had a 2 stroke lead teeing off and was down 1 by the time he finished the hole.

He had Birdied 5 in a row to take the lead after 6 holes but played the last 12 holes +2

At least he's now guaranteed 12 starts. He needs to do well or get dropped.

I've shown you before his PGA Tour profile which has been removed just today I guess because he's now a member of Korn Ferry listed his college as Rutgers because that's where he received his degree.

I don't see Oklahoma anywhere. Link?
Whenever I see him on tv I've never heard them mention Rutgers.

Whenever I see him on tv I've never heard them mention Rutgers.
Being a pretty good golfer yourself who you say hits it a long way, you know when a bomber hits it off line you can find yourself in a really bad situation. I can't imagine what took 4 shots without a penalty stroke unless he kept trying to hit the hero shot over and over.

I was never that good and don't know the situation so I'm just guessing. Korn Ferry doesn't show you the ball position on the hole like the Tour does.

Being a pretty good golfer yourself who you say hits it a long way, you know when a bomber hits it off line you can find yourself in a really bad situation. I can't imagine what took 4 shots without a penalty stroke unless he kept trying to hit the hero shot over and over.

I was never that good and don't know the situation so I'm just guessing. Korn Ferry doesn't show you the ball position on the hole like the Tour does.

I hit it pretty good. The guys I play with really hit it good. A couple of college golfers and some NHL guys.

The NHL guys absolutely murder the ball. Not even draw spin. 330 fades off the tee.

I hit it pretty good. The guys I play with really hit it good. A couple of college golfers and some NHL guys.

The NHL guys absolutely murder the ball. Not even draw spin. 330 fades off the tee.
It's all in their tree trunk legs. Hey they hit a puck 90 mph.

It's definitely something to see. They have it all in their muscle memory. Dropping the club into the slot is second nature.

Reactions: knightfan7

Hockey players always hit the ball a mile they have such strong wrists and just all get through the ball unbelievably

So Chris receives automatic entry into the 1st 12 Korn Ferry events. To go on from there he need's to meet certain performance benchmarks. I have no idea what they may be.

Reactions: DC8690
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT