ADVERTISEMENT

#freemattbullock

This begs the question what has been the deal with Bullock. We had posters here repeating like it was gospel that Bullock couldn't pass the physical so he was not going to play. Now Williams is injured and he all of a sudden passes his physical.

Was Pike just trying to process him? Was he injured? Another reason?
sliding scale

I know he was out of shape coming into camp but who's to say he's truly out of shape right now? Sure he doesn't look great but some guys just have a body type. He was running around on defense just fine. Nothing wrong with having some girth

This begs the question what has been the deal with Bullock. We had posters here repeating like it was gospel that Bullock couldn't pass the physical so he was not going to play. Now Williams is injured and he all of a sudden passes his physical.

Was Pike just trying to process him? Was he injured? Another reason?
Have you seen Bullock? Hes a cheeseburger out there. I'm as happy as anyone that hes starting to show something, but how are you that out of shape as a college athlete after a redshirt year? And for a team that puts defense first...i can see why he wasnt playing.

Reactions: urbanecane
I know he was out of shape coming into camp but who's to say he's truly out of shape right now? Sure he doesn't look great but some guys just have a body type. He was running around on defense just fine. Nothing wrong with having some girth
he was one of the fattest guards ive ever seen. he is truly out of shape..he already showed something and can hopefully be even better once he sheds more flab.

Pike out coached the Iowa coach - he will play personnel that suits the moment. Great job by Pike last night.

I think we may see more of Matt and likely will see Souf again. Souf needs confidence - but has shown a lot of hustle of late.

Did any one notice the enthusiasm from the bench during time outs - they almost came out to mid court to greet the players coming in off the court.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Pike out coached the Iowa coach - he will play personnel that suits the moment. Great job by Pike last night.

I think we may see more of Matt and likely will see Souf again. Souf needs confidence - but has shown a lot of hustle of late.

Did any one notice the enthusiasm from the bench during time outs - they almost came out to mid court to greet the players coming in off the court.

As of now I'll give Chambers a pass...Fran should be gone

He's freaking fat. Which means a lack of commitment on his end or a medical problem.

Reactions: Super tRUper
As i said somewhere else.....I want to know what went down changing him from a red shirt to a player.

Did Matt want to be red shirted?
Did he tell Pikiell he was free to play?
Did Pikiell ask if he was willing to play?
Does Pikiell really care what Matt wants?
Was his no PT purely a weight thing?

Reactions: RUPartisan
These are my questions as well. Everyone knew Bullock was overweight before he got here. Was there no due diligence if he has a medical problem with This?

Why can he all of a sudden play when everyone said he he couldn't pass the physical.

My theory is Pike thought taking Bullock would help us land some Roselle Catholic blue chippers and when that failed he wanted to process Bullock by not playing him and now is forced to play him.

Reactions: KevH
These are my questions as well. Everyone knew Bullock was overweight before he got here. Was there no due diligence if he has a medical problem with This?

Why can he all of a sudden play when everyone said he he couldn't pass the physical.

My theory is Pike thought taking Bullock would help us land some Roselle Catholic blue chippers and when that failed he wanted to process Bullock by not playing him and now is forced to play him.

...except I don't see how he was forced to play him. Dadika and Mensah could have easily taken Bullock's minutes without much of a difference.

As i said somewhere else.....I want to know what went down changing him from a red shirt to a player.

Did Matt want to be red shirted?
Did he tell Pikiell he was free to play?
Did Pikiell ask if he was willing to play?
Does Pikiell really care what Matt wants?
Was his no PT purely a weight thing?

He could have redshirted his freshman year. Played in only the first few games I believe.

Don’t think he was this overweight in HS. Pikiell could have though imagine what he will do when I get him in shape.

...except I don't see how he was forced to play him. Dadika and Mensah could have easily taken Bullock's minutes without much of a difference.

I am going to guess that Bullock will have to be defended. Souf and to a lesser extent Jake are not a concern to defenders

I don't think Bullock playing 2-8 minutes per game here on out (if that's indeed what happens) changes the math on him staying or going after the season.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I don't think Bullock playing 2-8 minutes per game here on out (if that's indeed what happens) changes the math on him staying or going after the season.

I'd agree. His minutes this year are entirely due to lack of depth - and will disappear once we have Kiss, Mathis, and Harper also fighting for time at the 3 next year.

Reactions: kcg88
I think Bullock is just a different build more than anything and I'm sure he would like to be 225, but Souf is in tremendous shape and cannot help RU offensively.........Bullock is solid and possesses a good shooting stroke.....I think Souf's rope was shortened considerably, he works hard, but is not a threat on offense at all and Bullock is just a better offensive threat.....and if Souf isn't dominate defensively, he can't really fit into a role....I think Bullock will be left SO wide open that he can probably drain a couple of threes by default.

If Bullock can defend for 2 to 3 minute spans at a time and provide at least a threat that he may shoot, he will bolt Souf to the bench and RU will be a better team attempting to overcome the Williams injury.

I believe I started the #FreeBullock campaign a week ago or so lol but I wasn't joking. I've seen the kid play many times in high school and although tonite was just a glimpse of what he can do, I think he really can play reserve minutes (10-15 min a night) on this team and contribute regularly. Kid is no slouch..been saying that for the longest. Hope he builds on this solid showing and becomes a factor going forward
I saw Bulluck in HS, and the kid is a player. Looked out of shape in HS, but when the game was on the line he’d do whatever needed to win including monstrous dunks against high level comp. if used correctly he’s a matchup problem for anyone playing D on him.

I think Bullock is just a different build more than anything and I'm sure he would like to be 225, but Souf is in tremendous shape and cannot help RU offensively.........Bullock is solid and possesses a good shooting stroke.....I think Souf's rope was shortened considerably, he works hard, but is not a threat on offense at all and Bullock is just a better offensive threat.....and if Souf isn't dominate defensively, he can't really fit into a role....I think Bullock will be left SO wide open that he can probably drain a couple of threes by default.

If Bullock can defend for 2 to 3 minute spans at a time and provide at least a threat that he may shoot, he will bolt Souf to the bench and RU will be a better team attempting to overcome the Williams injury.

Not exactly sure how he will bolt Souf to the bench, since Bullock is coming in at the 3, and we still need minutes at the 1. Assuming he'll come in and allow Thiam to move to SG?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I saw Bulluck in HS, and the kid is a player. Looked out of shape in HS, but when the game was on the line he’d do whatever needed to win including monstrous dunks against high level comp. if used correctly he’s a matchup problem for anyone playing D on him.

Was thinking he's built along the lines of the two blocks of granite @ MSU.

Here's hoping....

MO

If he could dunk, I’d like to see him throw down like Corey did in the final 2 minutes.

THAT would be hilarious

If he could dunk, I’d like to see him throw down like Corey did in the final 2 minutes.

THAT would be hilarious
The Corey dunk last night was one of most spectacular dunks I’ve seen live at the college level.

The Bullock monstrous dunk his SR year in HS in the Union County finals against the Patrick school at Kean I believe to tie the game at the end of regulation was posted here when we were recruiting him. Don’t let the body type fool you, the kid can play.

Reactions: soundcrib
I have seen him dunk quite a few times when he played for Roselle Catholic. He of course doesn't get up like Corey but he can do a monster dunk. as long as I have seen him play he was always a big guy. I hope he continues to get some minutes.

Bullock look like a baller...but you better have Mutombo out there behind him blocking shots.

the mystery of Matt Bullock. Not really a mystery. At all. He was a good hs basketball play r who fell in love with the livi dining hall. I did as well. Coach will use him a little going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT