GAME 1 Columbia: Beginnings

Scangg

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2016
San Diego
And Peter Kiss lit up Seton Hall and Gonzaga when he was only a freshman at Quinnipiac. It doesn’t guarantee anything. Let’s just hope that Cam is better and ready for prime time, I am cautiously optimistic.
Spencer and Kiss games are not remotely comparable. Spencer is an excellent all around player. Kiss was most definitely not

Joey Bacala

All Conference
Aug 12, 2005
Great recap @bac2therac - getting your first recap of the year means bball season is underway!

My one viewpoint that seems to differ from most is on Mag. I still don't see it. While he is super high energy on defense, he is still very out of control on offense. He heaves up threes that don't have a chance of going in - his shooting form is not good. It seems Pike absolutely loves the guy and - like many fans and media types - thinks he's going to have a breakout season. While I hope that happens, I'm struggling to see it.

• Angry
Reactions: Scangg

kcg88

All American
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2017
Spencer was highly ranked as a transfer by independent experts. I don't think that is true for Kiss.
Kiss was pursued by Seton Hall and Auburn, so I do think it's kind of comparable. Obviously Spencer's production at his previous stop blew Kiss's away. I do believe Kiss could've been a starter on a tournament team BUT that would've required a commitment from him that I don't think was there during his time at Rutgers.

Reactions: Eagleton96

Eagleton96

All American
Jul 25, 2001
Kiss was pursued by Seton Hall and Auburn, so I do think it's kind of comparable. Obviously Spencer's production at his previous stop blew Kiss's away. I do believe Kiss could've been a starter on a tournament team BUT that would've required a commitment from him that I don't think was there during his time at Rutgers.
Good info, thanks.

Latest posts