ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Maryland

I absolutely hate this team at 59 an all In sports fan since the age is 7
This team offends every sports sensibility I have been exposed to in the entirety of my life
Being a D1 scholarship athlete myself
I have no words for the disgrace this team represents to me
Don’t give a crap if Rutgers Bball some how pulls this out still 🤢🤮
Never have a seen a team underachieve like this to my LIFE

• Haha
Reactions: gregkoko
No words. I'm this close to checking out on our remaining road games. Life's too short.

somewhere/ sometime you got to give Jones an opportunity - go with Ron at the 5; and play Jones at the 4 -- can't play Reiber (at least not until next season after he hits the weight room) and certainly can't play Agee.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
The fact that he sold it doesn't erase the fact that McConnell hit him above the shoulders of his elbow.

It was foul.

did the kid sell it? of course he did.

just as Miller SHOULD have sold the attempted purposeful and totally DIRTY) elbow to the face. had he done that they would have been forced to kick him out.

Maryland is 334th in turnover rate on d yet we’ve turned it over 11 times so far. Bad coaching, execution, and more lackluster play from our upperclassman laden team.

What I don’t get

Why haven’t we pressed them once? Why haven’t we switched up to a zone on defense to avoid the following and block up the middle?
Why why why haven’t we tried ANYTHING new when we get in these ruts? Poor subs, poor lineups..not sitting kids who are playing poor

That is all coaching

somewhere/ sometime you got to give Jones an opportunity - go with Ron at the 5; and play Jones at the 4 -- can't play Reiber (at least not until next season after he hits the weight room) and certainly can't play Agee.
Agree 100 percent. Jones hasn’t showed much but he has more talent than most of the team. How can he be worse than this mess?

Lol its all of them..by the way mulchay was the only one scoring while geo and ron bricked 3s

You have a margin for error man....FIVE turns in a game is ugly.....he scored 2 baskets.....how many points were scored off the turnovers.....?? A LOT

Please start holding Mulcahy accountable.....and you will say RHJ and Baker didn't deliver?? "Go clean up the mess made with 5 TOs and don't make any mistakes or miss any shots too".....LOL

Reactions: Eagleton96
We NEVER NEVER NEVER push the ball up on fast break or NEVER NEVER EVER do we attack the basket

second part not entirely true (true for most of the team). Harper has. unfortunately he is the only player we have that can attack the rim. he needs to do it more in second half.

Harper needs to take over - otherwise we have no chance. from what Ive seen Maryland is unable to stop Harper today. he needs to ATTACK

Does anyone think Pike substitutions and the combinations he chooses prevent us from achieving any sort of flow
Yes. Been saying this all year. We take the lead and he goes to the bench with Paul and Agee. Happens time and again. He did it with Myles and JY last year. No different this year - keep the hot hands on the floor and sub when needed. This isnt a hard concept and something I learned in 5th grade travel basketball.

Its maddening - and has been maddening for years.

p.s we are disrupting our flow for Palmquist and Reiber. Oy

Does anyone think Pike substitutions and the combinations he chooses prevent us from achieving any sort of flow
It hurts we do not have a point guard on this team. It hurts that we do not have a player than can play the post on offense or defense. It hurts that we cannot run the court or push ball up court.

Must run the offense through Ron , mostly in loa or mid post this half to have a chance. I’d be doesn’t touch the ball every possession this half fire the entire staff

100% yes. Been a complaint since day 1 with Pike. I’m convinced the substitutions are part of the game plan and they will happen regardless of how the game is unfolding on the court.
No doubt. Our rotations are entirely driven by the game clock. Zero feel for the game.

second part not true. Harper has. unfortunately he is the only player we have that can attack the rim. he needs to do it more in second half.

Harper needs to take over - otherwise we have no chance. from what Ive seen Maryland is unable to stop Harper today. he needs to ATTACK
BS rarely does RH attackbthe basketp

The fact that he sold it doesn't erase the fact that McConnell hit him above the shoulders of his elbow.
Then I'll use the Edey and the Dickinson excuse every ref uses for them, it's not his fault he's so much taller than his opponent. Caleb's arms never came above his shoulder height, it's not his fault a 5'8" guy is guarding him.

Reactions: Scangg
Yes. Been saying this all year. We take the lead and he goes to the bench with Paul and Agee. Happens time and again. He did it with Myles and JY last year. No different this year - keep the hot hands on the floor and sub when needed. This isnt a hard concept and something I learned in 5th grade travel basketball.

Its maddening - and has been maddening for years.

p.s we are disrupting our flow for Palmquist and Reiber. Oy
100% yes. Been a complaint since day 1 with Pike. I’m convinced the substitutions are part of the game plan and they will happen regardless of how the game is unfolding on the court.
This. They don’t adapt on how the game is unfolding besides taking guys out for fouls. Bad or good play or bad or good units are rarely taken into consideration

On defense Rutgers can't play man to man defense without fouling.On offense the ball handling is abysmal and the players lack the skill set to create and make shots off the dribble.Baker another no show appearance in the first half.Its so sad to watch these road games.because the team clearly lacks the mental toughness and talent to win even against mediocre opponents.

Starting to remind me of Dane Miller on his way out...
Sadly accurate
He’s regressed in 3 straight years anyway…totally checked out.
Sadly accurate
Sadly accurate
Everyone but Paul and Ralph has been better than Geo today
Sadly accurate
Agree 100 percent. Jones hasn’t showed much but he has more talent than most of the team. How can he be worse than this mess?
He can't be
You have a margin for error man....FIVE turns in a game is ugly.....he scored 2 baskets.....how many points were scored off the turnovers.....?? A LOT

Please start holding Mulcahy accountable.....and you will say RHJ and Baker didn't deliver?? "Go clean up the mess made with 5 TOs and don't make any mistakes or miss any shots too".....LOL
Mulcahy has been terrible. Everyone agrees. Geo is also a no show. Game after game after game

We displayed a tremendous lack of brains and lack of heart in the first half.
They scored EIGHTEEN points off TOs and THIRTEEN at the line, SEVEN non TO or foul related points. Maryland are a BAD team and has been doing nothing that we aren't doing to ourselves. Maryland is a badly coached team but they don't seem to be missing their Danny Manning acting classes, guess Danny Manning theatrics must be taught to the players because Danny Manning was great at that in college and the NBA for his career.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Pike is too nice on his players and the refs. “Tough to win a road game in this league” … “Not ready to play today is on me” … 4 B1G road games, 4 blowout losses.

Reactions: Scangg
They scored EIGHTEEN points off TOs and THIRTEEN at the line, SEVEN non TO or foul related points. Maryland are a BAD team and has been doing nothing that we aren't doing to ourselves. Maryland is a badly coached team but they don't seem to be missing their Danny Manning acting classes, guess Danny Manning theatrics must be taught to the players because Danny Manning was great at that in college and the NBA for his career.
Yeah, they're scoring off of our mistakes. I don't see them doing anything especially great defensively or offensively, we are just playing really really badly and with terrible basketball IQ. We're serving up this game on a silver platter for them by throwing the ball away and committing dumb fouls. If we could get our heads out of our asses, this game is totally winnable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT