ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

I can't see Pike as the coach who will make the necessary changes to turn this thing around.

He lacks the guts.

Normally I don't like piling on players or coaches, but this is Seagears under Jordan bad. Except it's not just one player, it's an entire team.

2021/22 Baker out Young out Mathis out Johnson out Harper will stay becausehe needs to paly...don't think he will transfer

Or it could sadly just be that this is closer to our normal than the top 11 team weeks back. That and the RAC crowd hide all our warts.

covid will be the excuse, its tough on the kids

Not tough on Penn St. apparently.

Covid life is tough for these guys, but every team is living it.

If I'm Pike, I am coaching for next year. This season is over. Play the young guys and get your ass kicked. Maybe it will pay off in the future. I'd even get the new guy out there. Get whatever you can out of this season.

It’s a very hard thing to turn this around. Much easier when the defense is solid. I felt hopeful last game despite not playing well on offense. This is inexcusable on defense

remember we were pretty bad on the road last year, alot of the games we made late runs after being down...we were 2-10 on the road bottom line

Reactions: RUJMM78
Leaving that group in his conceding the game. If he does not get the front line players back in after this time out it will be the first time I will have criticized Pike

They look like a team that has never played basketball in their life right now, 1st string, 2nd string. How does this team go from 6-0 and could compete with Gonzaga or Baylor, to completely inept at doing anything since that OSU collapse/Purdue win.

but they told us the shots would fall, everything was okay, the defense was fixed, they all told us..all the bloggers and the writers

Richie was condescending to a poster staying this was an NIT team earlier. Not, oh I don’t think it’s that bad yada yada. Straight up said STOP IT.

Writing has been on the wall. Pike has gone rogue since Geo came back, when Cliff went out, and when McConnell came back.

Straight up can’t figure out his team offensively and worse doesn’t care to.

Reactions: bac2therac
Sorry but this is ALL on Pike

wtf is with the subs there??? We finally hit a 3 and get a bit of momentum and then let’s take everyone out.
Sorry but I’m seeing the worst coaching before my eyes ever!!!!
Sorry on Pike AND the players. Pike isn’t making our players shoot air balls, miss layups and FTs. I do question Pike’s rotation

Reactions: RUSCFORMERLYRULOU
Leaving that group in his conceding the game. If he does not get the front line players back in after this time out it will be the first time I will have criticized Pike

Them coming in wouldn't improve anything.

Sorry on Pike AND the players. Pike isn’t making our players shot air balls, miss layups and FTs. I do question Pike’s rotation

Pike is the one who recruited them.

Unlike the NBA it is all on the coach.

Its tough to play top level basketball without a true point guard
to organize an offense. We got away with it early, but that seems like eons ago

This team was clicking when the only point guard on the team was playing 30+ minutes and dominating the ball

Caleb simply can't catch the ball and move it on. He's a black hole. The D gets re set every time he catches it. Then he dribbles and it's an adventure.

Never seen a team not take advantage of other teams going cold the way we do. It’s impressive

Cliff cant make one foot basket....I will say that this unit is playing a little better D than the other...i know PSU hit that 3 but not sure why they should be throwing 3s up like that

Ok....you can honestly say that everything is roses in that lockeroom ....down 17 now with no pulse.
Of course I can't say that. My point is the way you presented it sounded like you definitely knew it was in fact the case. That is the complaint.

We have a coach who’s response when adversity hits is to put in lightly recruited freshman who are to be very nice not ready to play in conference. And when it spells disaster in one game, he goes back to it! Back to it!

Pike is the one who recruited them.

Unlike the NBA it is all on the coach.
Where you saying this when we started the season they way we did? Hell we were ranked. Same players he recruited.

EmbellishedLivelyAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

If I'm Pike, I am coaching for next year. This season is over. Play the young guys and get your ass kicked. Maybe it will pay off in the future. I'd even get the new guy out there. Get whatever you can out of this season.
[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling next year’s team will look very different.

2021/22 Baker out Young out Mathis out Johnson out Harper will stay becausehe needs to paly...don't think he will transfer
[/QUOTE
I think there will be transfers but I'm worried who will be the replacements.

Mulcahy seems to have remembered he is in fact allowed to shoot the ball.

Reactions: RW90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT