ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

I stg leave Ron Harper and Geo and Tez on the bench the rest of the game I don’t care what the score is. Please Pike, send the message, we’ve lost enough games already

Oh man! Last year ! They needed a win the last weekend of the season to probably get in the tournament . And then they were underdogs for the first round big ten tournament game. What a chance ! These guys are pathetic

I agree they are pathetic. And this team and program, and honestly school - from an athletics standpoint, is pathetic. But I mean that was their chance to even make the tourney and then get our asses kicked in a neutral court, which is the best RU deserves, at most. They couldn't even do that

Reactions: Plum Street
First time in 4 years I turned a game off with more than 5 minutes left. It went off with 16 minutes left. I’ve hit the serious apathy stage of this season

Where you saying this when we started the season they way we did? Hell we were ranked. Same players he recruited.

Why does this matter?

It all falls on the coach. It's the coach who recruited streaky players.

Richie was condescending to a poster staying this was an NIT team earlier. Not, oh I don’t think it’s that bad yada yada. Straight up said STOP IT.

Writing has been on the wall. Pike has gone rogue since Geo came back, when Cliff went out, and when McConnell came back.

Straight up can’t figure out his team offensively and worse doesn’t care to.

incredibly bad read by Richie, not sure what team he has been watching

look we ALL wanted this team to start winning however you have to be objective on whats been going on. This level of play is like a Jordan/Hill team...people need to stop referring to the first 6 games..that is over, we are in the hear and now and its ugly and this team would have to put together a string of top flight efforts to change my thinking about them at this point

No one is working together. They have devolved so much on offense from the first six games averaging 18asts first 6 games.

I see absolutely no reason to not use the bench players to start the next game. There is no way any team could cause more disaster than what we saw from the starters.

How about you go up strong and make a ****ing layup our fundamentals suck

EmbellishedLivelyAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif
👏

It’s amazing how everyone on the team can be in a slump at once . Not one player playing well during this stretch of games ; something has to be going on

But we stink. And Mathis is pathetic, can't make layups or foul shots.

Is it worse that we don’t care about offense and as such the offense remains wholly inefficient or is it worse we care about defense and get out coached on the first bucket for a scripted layup?

Reactions: RUby RED
we are going to lose to Indiana 96-60....they have been underperforming but have a good offense..they are due to click, perfect scenerio

Next practice it might be a good idea to have the team introduce themselves to each other. Seems like that's been missing a bit.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I hate to say I told ya so but.... you all shouldve seen this coming since march. Team just isnt that good, isnt well coached, and its tough to play with full balls to wall for 40 minutes with no crowds.

Some of you guys really discounted how important yeboah was. He was an adult. This group is all babies. There i said it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT