ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

This why although Rutgers keeps asking me for more and more cash I now resist and say you owe me. I'm done until I see some real sustained ROI.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
DVR is your friend. I haven't watched a single minute of RU basketball in weeks. Sounds like I'll be deleting this game from the queue too. Pike and this team are in serious trouble.

That's on Pike, he's obviously not pushing the right buttons to get these guys ready for game day. His approach is falling on deaf ears at this point. This team may get lucky a couple times this year but that's it.

Imagine showing up to practice and only focusing on defense rebounding and inbounds plays and trying to enjoy basketball...

34-22 with 2 minutes remaining in the half against a team that stinks.This type of game clearly shows the limitations of coaching because Rutgers is sleep walking on defense and totally clueless on offense.There is no bench scoring so Rutgers is just going through the motions of playing the game .

This is a legitimate issue that is plaguing our offense in the halfcourt. But the team also just looks disinterested at times and is simply not giving that gritty effort that was a pike staple on defense and on the boards these past few years

Geo and Ron are liabilities now. You can live with their poor defense if they are scoring. But they can't do that and are giving up easy buckets.

This team is broken at every end.

Reactions: RW90 and RUBlackout
lets note that PSU is coached by some nobody and he pushed all the right buttons on his team to be up 10 in its third game in 3 days.
And if you had ranked the B1G coaches before this game, the PSU coach would have been ranked 14th. What does that tell you?

Reactions: bac2therac
Well, if we do win this game, that steal and layup by JY at the end of the half might be why - that was huge. Down 10 is way better than down 14-15 at the half. If we can somehow snap out of it we can still win this game, but we need to bring the intensity and that has been missing all game. We had for WI, but not tonight and that's on Pike.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
34-24 and it could be worse......so realistically it is only 10. This first half of the thread was one of the most negative I have ever seen on this board for a game thread

Hopefully its going to be the complete opposite in the 2nd half, RU wins by 8 and we all have a good laugh at how hysterical we were in the first half while other board members wag their fingers at our behavior.

Well, if we do win this game, that steal and layup by JY at the end of the half might be why - that was huge. Down 10 is way better than down 14-15 at the half. If we can somehow snap out of it we can still win this game, but we need to bring the intensity and that has been missing all game. We had for WI, but not tonight and that's on Pike.

And the reason we were down early by his missed layup.

I'm so glad we all donated to the beautiful new practice facilities. A lot of good it's doing.

Geo should not be playing. He’s limping around at half speed , can’t move and can’t defend . Ron is almost at that level which is why we are so bad right now. Can live without Geo but not Ron

Ha Ha they're highlighting Ron Harper Jr. at half this is hilarious. Where's that guy been?

Geo and Ron are liabilities now. You can live with their poor defense if they are scoring. But they can't do that and are giving up easy buckets.

This team is broken at every end.

Geo has been a noticeable liability on defense since last season and certainly all year this year and I have been saying it since game 1.

34-24 and it could be worse......so realistically it is only 10. This first half of the thread was one of the most negative I have ever seen on this board for a game thread

Hopefully its going to be the complete opposite in the 2nd half, RU wins by 8 and we all have a good laugh at how hysterical we were in the first half while other board members wag their fingers at our behavior.

I dunno man we could win the 2nd half by 30 and I’d still be concerned.

As someone who was still pretty optimistic I’m not sure how much patience anyone will have left after this one regardless of if they pull it out

Pike tried to encourage Geo & Mathis heading to the locker room - and they just tuned him out. The quit on the yr for some reason

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT