ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Penn State

outboarded 22-14..thats all you need to know..turnovers evened up at 8 and the one positive is RU has 6 in the first 10 minutes and only 2 in the last 10 minutes

when Myles is the leading scorer you know the team is having a bad game.

Geo should not be playing. He’s limping around at half speed , can’t move and can’t defend . Ron is almost at that level which is why we are so bad right now. Can live without Geo but not Ron

If their poor play is due to injury, then sit them. They are doing more damage than they are helping.

34-24 and it could be worse......so realistically it is only 10. This first half of the thread was one of the most negative I have ever seen on this board for a game thread

Hopefully its going to be the complete opposite in the 2nd half, RU wins by 8 and we all have a good laugh at how hysterical we were in the first half while other board members wag their fingers at our behavior.

we’ve seen this over and over. Lucky to be only down x number of points. Problem is we keep playing the same way. We have to play 50% Better to win this and we haven’t done that since part of the Iowa game.

Well, if we do win this game, that steal and layup by JY at the end of the half might be why - that was huge. Down 10 is way better than down 14-15 at the half. If we can somehow snap out of it we can still win this game, but we need to bring the intensity and that has been missing all game. We had for WI, but not tonight and that's on Pike.

We didn't have it for WI.

Not sure what game you watched.

Reactions: bac2therac
Team is not good. Can’t shoot. Team can’t protect ball. No one does dirty work like what Kwasi gave us. It’s also a selfish team whereby everyone who touches the ball must shoot no matter how ill advised the shot is.

Reactions: RU MAN and shields
Half time show all taking about Ron. Miss seeing him MOVE on offense and defense. He just stands. This team lost its mojo. Sad.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
I think the injuries have taken the hop and joy out of this team.

I don't understand why they can't get it back
L
I want to believe RHJ and Geo are still feeling the effects of their injuries. But I'd think Pike has to see they're still hurting more than helping if so.

If you’re serious about winning this game Young plays the entire 2H. Ideally you roll starters the rest of the way sans Geo less minutes and alternate Myles/Cliff as foul trouble dictates.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Pike tried to encourage Geo & Mathis heading to the locker room - and they just tuned him out. The quit on the yr for some reason
Pike should than sit Geo for the entire 2nd half if he wants to act like a baby. His play certainly warrants it.

• Love
Reactions: ScarletDave
We didn't have it for WI.

Not sure what game you watched.

i agree...i was not impressed by that game. Wisky played like shit and we could not hit a shot to get a little lead, game was totally there for us and they didnt want it. People too enamored by better defense and wiskys ranking..low expecations..thats a game we should have had..ditto for Iowa..

Reactions: RUJMM78
If you’re serious about winning this game Young plays the entire 2H. Ideally you roll starters the rest of the way sans Geo less minutes and alternate Myles/Cliff as foul trouble dictates.

agree..in fact we sub too much. alot of schools ride guys for 35 minutes..multiple players...at this level yes they can do it, I do not want to see any of Palm or Reiber in the 2nd and Myles must play 15 minutes

lets note that PSU is coached by some nobody and he pushed all the right buttons on his team to be up 10 in its third game in 3 days.
It has a a lot to do with the opponent .Penn State has some guards that have a pulse on offense which gives them a big advantage against Rutgers.Right now its hard to believe that Rutgers will win another game.Lets not forget that most of the Rutgers players are upper class men..There is no excuse for this futility.

i agree...i was not impressed by that game. Wisky played like shit and we could not hit a shot to get a little lead, game was totally there for us and they didnt want it. People too enamored by better defense and wiskys ranking..low expecations..thats a game we should have had..ditto for Iowa..

Not enamored with the performance against Wisconsin but it wasn’t bad, just kind of mediocre.

If I’m Pike, you have to mix things up
Internal trouble. Wait till the transfers start after the season.
Shhhh. Don’t tell the board police. I don’t think this is just chemistry. There’s something else happening behind the scenes. Lack of effort is a telling sign.

Reactions: RUsojo
I don't want to harp on this, but ever since Ron went down with an injury in practice and McConnell came back, we lost whatever chemistry was working for us. And it appears that Pike has lost the team.

Agreed. Have seen enough of Geo and Mulcahy - just play JY, Mathis and McConnell and Haper, MJ, and Cliff.

Reactions: runner3283
I’m most disappointed with the effort, and piss poor rebounding. Just getting out hustled by a bad PSU team all over the court.

Internal trouble. Wait till the transfers start after the season.
Stop making shit up. I hate bullshit claims like this. Even if it were true there isn't a 1% chance you could know that so just stop

If I’m Pike, you have to mix things up

Shhhh. Don’t tell the board police. I don’t think this is just chemistry. There’s something else happening behind the scenes. Lack of effort is a telling sign.

I’m kind of waiting for the shoe to drop too. You don’t nosedive from #11 to this mess in three weeks. You almost have to try to look this bad.

Reactions: RocktheRac
And the worst thing is I've inflicted this on my sons. Forgive me.
There's still hope for them, they're young and can change their minds on who they like. You and all of us here I'm afraid are lost causes.

Damn ... with MBB, WBB, wrestling losing ... we going to start seeing some wins? We know VB will go 1-19.

Reactions: bac2therac
Is team this mentally weak and soft? I think someone on team needs to get in someone’s face on penn state to light a fire beaneth team.

Stop making shit up. I hate bullshit claims like this. Even if it were true there isn't a 1% chance you could know that so just stop
I don’t like baseless claims either but if we continue to play as lifeless as this and miss the tourney, I think an unwanted departure or two would be likely

Point shaving? NJ Advanced Media should investigate. I'm neither being sarcastic nor overreacting.

I'm not seeing any other legitimate explanation that could explain being this bad for this many games after starting out the way we did this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT