ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Seton Hall

Watching him come off the court during the break, looking like he doesn’t even want to be there
His body language is not good

Or shoot over 50% from 3 and make a buzzer beater. We are who we are…a lot of work to do with talent acquisition…
Which has been awful. Since we got Jones who rides the bench and Cliff who has no hands, we have gotten no one. Our two recruits this year are guys who were not ranked or rated before we got them.

The talent in this team is not getting better or improving.

Shu is not impressive ; we look tired and lazy tonight . Without our unforced turnovers it’s likely a one possession game . They are keeping us in it with their poor play

We’ve had a lot of bad teams. I can’t remember one as weak with rebounding though. We’re awful on the glass.

Reactions: RUJMM78
How many balls have we thrown out of bounds to nobody, knocked out of bounds or watched go out of bounds today?

If we had an actual backup to Cliff we wouldn’t be a bad team. I’d maybe believe Pike about this being his best. Except we don’t. Reiber, Luke Nathan, Agee are not serviceable backups at center

If Harper can get going in the last 9 minutes maybe we have a chance and if we can JUST REBOUND

Whenever they go in the huddle the coach never says anything impressive

Finally, Harper and Geo decided to show up welcome to the game guys.

when RU gets out of their own way and doesnt turn it over or foul in transition they are right there with SHU. Our half court D is defense and SHU seems to be in la la land

could be smelling blood in the water here

McConnell is our best all around player recently. Harper is of course our best offense player, but he's much too inconsistent to rely on game to game. Cliff is improved but is a defensive liability, and can't rebound. Mag is our best defensive player. Outside of that, we don't have many consistent difference makers. Pike needs to learn how to recruit and sell Rutgers as a destination like GS is doing.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
A win here will take the sting out of the losses we have upcoming v Rider and Central Connecticut State.

Thank god for BTN.. if I had to listen to this announcing all year I think I would just watch games on ESPN gamecast

McConnell is our best all around player recently. Harper is of course our best offense player, but he's much too inconsistent to rely on game to game. Cliff is improved but is a defensive liability, and can't rebound. Mag is our best defensive player. Outside of that, we don't have many consistent difference makers. Pike needs to learn how to recruit and sell Rutgers as a destination like GS is doing.
Yes this all the way

Shu is not impressive ; we look tired and lazy tonight . Without our unforced turnovers it’s likely a one possession game . They are keeping us in it with their poor play
I don’t know about that. I am impressed with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT