ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Lafayette

Let's have guys who hardly ever hit the rim on their shots hoist up threes early
in the shot clock. Not just McConnell either.

Reactions: Knight Ed
I’ve followed this program, like many on this board, for more than a quarter century. Worst loss I’ve ever seen when you consider where the program was the last two seasons and expectations for continuing to grow or at least keep some momentum.

Reactions: RUonBrain
How did Geo look? Terrible stat line.

1-7 shooting, 1 assist, 2 TO’s.

For the record, I didn’t want him back this season.

Reactions: Knight Ed
Harper..5 points vs LAFAYETTE and the kid thinks he’s nba bound. Lolol

Harper throwing up terrible bricks most the night and a complete non factor in the paint or mid range.

Cliff is quick underneath on offense but he needs to develop alot. He could do much better for himself with a better coach. If I'm his handlers im telling him to get the hell out of here and fast.

After that we don't have anyone who will sniff the NBA.

What was with Mag over Hyatt for the last several minutes. Is Hyatt hurt too?

Harper throwing up terrible bricks most the night and a complete non factor in the paint or mid range.

Cliff is quick underneath on offense but he needs to develop alot. He could do much better for himself with a better coach. If I'm his handlers im telling him to get the hell out of here and fast.

After that we don't have anyone who will sniff the NBA.
Problem with that is I've been saying since day 1 he is not a top tier guy.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Why didn't Pike put in Caleb and Hyatt for the last possession defense? He coaching has been just as bad as his roster

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Can we sign my daughter she was 4 -5 on 3 pointers this weekend....for that matter she was also 4,-4 from the line

I still cannot believe pike said this was his best team ever. That might be the worst part about this. He had to know this would be a rebuilding year
if that’s true, what did he just say about himself as a coach

What kind of moron is fixated on holding opponents in the 50's?

Sort of like saying you've got your opponent locked in chess, and the only move he can make is CHECKMATE!

MO
Exactly but that is what he’ll say and he’ll barely mention the offense

Pike will spin this as usual. I'm worried he's mentally losing it before our eyes. Rutgers has a dismal future unless Pike does some serious introspection and self-analysis.

Rutgers in its first game this season goes into overtime against Lehigh and squeaks out a win.Tonight Rutgers loses to Lafayette on a 3 pointer which is totally embarrassing because that was their first win of the season.The offense was so inept because Rutgers two best scorers failed to show up.Harper had a bad shooting night from the 3 point line and Baker was invisible for most of the time he was on the court until he left the game with a leg injury.Nobody wanted to shoot the ball in the last five minutes and sadly McConnell in too many cases took the shot and missed.This isn't the way fans expected the season to start.

One reason it shouldn't be brought up about Paul is because whether he has a good game or not. He busts his ass trying every single game.
Baker has had a career of busting his ass. But according to Bac, now that he's achieved NIL he doesn't care about basketball anymore? It just rubs me the wrong way. The kid has been a warrior for us.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Rutgers in its first game this season goes into overtime against Lehigh and squeaks out a win.Tonight Rutgers loses to Lafayette on a 3 pointer which is totally embarrassing because that was their first win of the season.The offense was so inept because Rutgers two best scorers failed to show up.Harper had a bad shooting night from the 3 point line and Baker was invisible for most of the time he was on the court until he left the game with a leg injury.Nobody wanted to shoot the ball in the last five minutes and sadly McConnell in too many cases took the shot and missed.This isn't the way fans expected the season to start.
Gotta love relying on McConnell's airballs to save RU Hoops from winless Lafayette

Reactions: Knightmoves
This is 100% on pike. His team did not work in the offseason. There’s no way you have a bunch of skinny or flabby guys running around if they worked. There’s no way they cannot shoot if they worked. There’s no way they have zero chemistry if they worked. There’s no way they defend this poorly if they worked. They all sat back and thought they were the best team Pikes ever had.

What else is on Pike? Everything. His leaders don’t lead. They don’t even seem to care. He doesn’t seem to know his personnel. Watching Caleb take four of our last shots in the game when he’s colder than a witches tit is criminal. Pike should surrender his paycheck this week. I don’t blame the player, this is on Pike. That’s just one example.

Best thing for this team is for Geo to have a minor hammy and sit out a game or two. Get the youngsters in the game. Play the two freshman. Jones can score and we don’t allow it. Criminal. The other kid is supposedly an amazing defender. Hasn’t played a single minute. Let him defend. And he has to be more dynamic at the point than what we’ve been watching for five games. Give him a chance because the “watching paint dry” offense is not working. And we aren’t getting steals or stops that lead to fast break points. Let’s get the kid out there and play faster.

It’s all on Pike. Started in the off-season when they all took a vacation and flows through everything right through strategy and choice of rotations.

Get it together Steve or go home.

Reactions: bac2therac
also what were they trying to accomplish on our last possession, you cannot tell me that is what they wanted to execute, where was the pass to an open player.

Reactions: ScarletDog
also what were they trying to accomplish on our last possession, you cannot tell me that is what they wanted to execute, where was the pass to an open player.
I didn’t watch a replay, but it seemed like Paul chucked it way earlier than he had to. He’s our smartest player and he seemed to panic a little there. One more dribble and it’s a lot higher probability (though still very low).

Someone on this team needs to step up and lead. They must lead strong or they are in route to a sub 500 season. I still cannot understand how D1A athletes who have access to gym 24/7 cannot shoot at all. We will get mauled in B1G CO will be in foul trouble every night and we have no backup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT