Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers caps off season with Maryland game

OGC.49d8c3aa71500b4943ae920bc9eb44a2

Slow
Methodical
Bumbling
Out of sync.
This team is not getting better
Sorry to answer myself but the ^^^^^
Is far more relevant than turnovers, mistakes or penalties or any other game day blunders .^^^^^^*
Follows us around 24-7

Embarrassing showing against what should be a peer football program. Little to no improvement on offense this year. Week after week, the same problems appear.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
Maryland seems insistent upon declaring that Rutgers is not their Big Ten rival, and - though I disagree with them - they are certainly making one hell of a case today.

Maryland seems insistent upon declaring that Rutgers is not their Big Ten rival, and - though I disagree with them - they are certainly making one hell of a case today.
Most Maryland fans I know think that Rutgers is the closest thing we have to a conference rival. We know it certainly isn't Penn State, the other geographical candidate that blows Maryland out regularly...

Love the simplicity of that Maryland touchdown route. Cross your defenders face and run.

We have plenty of people that can do that. Stop overthinking it!!!!!

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Other schools would notice that he's talented, but isn't getting any real coaching.
Then they would look at his stats and move to the next QB. Gavin has a ton of potential and might become a star, but those stats don't show on the stat sheet. When he is a star they will offer.

I'm not even watching the game but just enjoying the thread. Got enough sample size that I can insert any number of memories into the comments and create a virtual play by play in my head.

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Greg Schiano kills more quarterbacks than CTE.
I don't know that it was only Schiano, but Rutgers hasn't done well with quarterbacks for many years. Those who think Wimsatt is failing to develop better think about who else would replace him and what are the chances that he would do better.

I think Wimsatt has talent that can be developed, but the kid needs a team around him. Rutgers will be shooting itself in the foot (again) if Wimsatt isn't treated well and developed. Regardless of that, I think there is a good chance he will enter the portal. I know that if I was his dad, I'd suggest that. There is no indication that he will have a successful college career at Rutgers.

‘This team has DEFINITELY gotten better since September, we’re just not quite there yet. We’ll get there, the wins are coming.. we just didn’t execute and don’t have the personnel to overcome mistakes. We’ll get there. Thanks to the fans’

Let’s see how close I am…. Same press conference he’s given all year
no it hasn't, penalties and all stats say otherwise. October and November have been a disaster

no way to spin it, zero excuses for zero points with game almost over. MD is not a world beater

Most Maryland fans I know think that Rutgers is the closest thing we have to a conference rival. We know it certainly isn't Penn State, the other geographical candidate that blows Maryland out regularly...
I guess it comes down to "do you WANT a conference rival?" if you're a Maryland or Rutgers fan.

ADVERTISEMENT